Great location and upon entering the reception I was pleased with the appearance and standard but as soon as I walked up the stairs there was a smell of damp. Same smell in the room which was dusty and had an uninviting appearance. The window was so thin that it sounded as though it didn't even exist. We encountered a bug one day which looked like a cockroach but we hadn't opened the window the whole stay, unsure if it even did open. The room was humid and no actual extraction fan on the bathroom. Air con was good but didn't remove damp feeling. Tired looking pool which I didn't even enter once. Staff were friendly but charged high rates for parking even though we were guests. Overall disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carlton South Beach, located in Miami Beach’s Art Deco District, is an historic hotel located close to the ocean, near great bars and eateries, and within blocks of great shopping on Lincoln Road. Hotel amenities include built in flat screens and wireless, as well as a large swimming pool adorned by tropical foliage. The lobby is filled with art exhibited in cooperation with major galleries, and has a juice bar serving fresh drinks and other light snacks. The Carlton-South Beach is a perfect destination for travelers whether they are seeking respite for business or pleasure. Parking is available on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Carlton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Miami Beach
- Carlton Hotel South Beach
- Carlton Miami Beach