This is right where you'll want to be, on South Beach. It's close enough that all of South Beach is in walking distance, but not in the middle of the noise so you can sleep easily at night.
The hotel is nice. It's not fancy, but it's clean. I didn't spend much time in the hotel, I was busy running around Miami. The cable channels are limited. I missed a basketball game that was on TNT/TBS. That's a basic cable channel. I didn't go to the bar or the pool and the food options were ridiculously priced. They only have 8 parking spots so you'll probably park in the big garage two blocks north. $16 a day. They charge a "resort fee" for wifi, that's a joke. But the wifi was strong enough for my three devices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carlton South Beach, located in Miami Beach’s Art Deco District, is an historic hotel located close to the ocean, near great bars and eateries, and within blocks of great shopping on Lincoln Road. Hotel amenities include built in flat screens and wireless, as well as a large swimming pool adorned by tropical foliage. The lobby is filled with art exhibited in cooperation with major galleries, and has a juice bar serving fresh drinks and other light snacks. The Carlton-South Beach is a perfect destination for travelers whether they are seeking respite for business or pleasure. Parking is available on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Carlton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Miami Beach
- Carlton Hotel South Beach
- Carlton Miami Beach