To start with, the hotel has advertised "lush tropical gardens, super sized swimming pool with sun
loungers." He super sized pool was the regular hotel size and many areas of missing cement on the bottom. The half dozen palm trees and a few planters are not my idea of lush tropical. The pool is situated next to the laundry are and the housekeeping staff has to bring the bags of dirty linen through the pool area to access the rear service drive. There were no pool towels available because one of the dryers broke and they could not replenish. Needless to say we had to drip dry after using the pool. We were charged a "resort fee" but not exactly sure what that covered. Our first room was located in a corner area that was surrounded by the lobby, parking lot and Collins St. The noise was unbelievable. Shades would not close all the way. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodated our request for a room change. The next room was on the third floor but was still a corner room on Collins St. A little quieter, but not much. The room was clean, but old and had a mismatch of furniture. One of the stated room amenities was a mini bar that was totally non existent. The bed was a worn mattress on some type of frame to eliminate a box spring. I guess this was their version of "Art Deco". It was so sagging in the middle that you had to sleep in the very outer edges or you rolled to the middle. There were coffee cups and packets for making coffee but no coffee maker. They did provide one once we asked. Water pressure was so bad it would take forever to get shampoo out of your hair The property is in need of obvious repair and updating which has not been done. The location is very convenient for exploring the Ocean Drive nightlife and to the beach. The hotel is on the corner of Espanola and Collins just one block away from some wonderful restaurants. Realizing that most hotels in South Beach are very expensive this was very overpriced for how they describe the hotel in their ads. Do not recommend the Carlton Hotel South Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carlton South Beach, located in Miami Beach’s Art Deco District, is an historic hotel located close to the ocean, near great bars and eateries, and within blocks of great shopping on Lincoln Road. Hotel amenities include built in flat screens and wireless, as well as a large swimming pool adorned by tropical foliage. The lobby is filled with art exhibited in cooperation with major galleries, and has a juice bar serving fresh drinks and other light snacks. The Carlton-South Beach is a perfect destination for travelers whether they are seeking respite for business or pleasure. Parking is available on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Carlton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Miami Beach
- Carlton Hotel South Beach
- Carlton Miami Beach