If you are looking for luxury accommodations stay somewhere else. This hotel is affordable and in a great location. But you get what you pay for. It was clean with simple accommodations. The hotel needs updates and we had a view of a back alley. Our windows were made out of plexi glass. It was loud at times with noise from the street and people partying in the hotel. I would suggest ear plugs if you plan to stay here. The staff at the hotel were extremely nice and friendly. We were not in our room much at all, only to shower and sleep, so we were fine with the accommodations we chose. Miami is expensive and we chose use our vacation $$ to go out for nice meals and dancing. Beware of restaurant bills. Some include gratuity. Some have a suggested gratuity of 40%. Just read the bills carefully. We must have blown a $100 dollars because we didn’t. The beach is also very beautiful and clean. It is a short walk to the beach and you can rent chairs and an umbrella there. They are sell water and lunch at the beach. Also, plan to wait for things. People there are on “Miami Time”. I would return to this hotel if I was on a budget. But next time I will save and stay some place nicer like Lowes or the Surfcomber.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Miami Beach
- Carlton Hotel South Beach
- Carlton Hotel Miami
- Carlton Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carlton South Beach, located in Miami Beach’s Art Deco District, is an historic hotel located close to the ocean, near great bars and eateries, and within blocks of great shopping on Lincoln Road. Hotel amenities include built in flat screens and wireless, as well as a large swimming pool adorned by tropical foliage. The lobby is filled with art exhibited in cooperation with major galleries, and has a juice bar serving fresh drinks and other light snacks. The Carlton-South Beach is a perfect destination for travelers whether they are seeking respite for business or pleasure. Parking is available on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Carlton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.