“Great room for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #70 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cary, North Carolina
“Great room for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We love the location and size of our room: ocean front/relaxation pool front. The room was quite spacious, as was the bathroom. We have a couple of suggestions: In winter, few people want to use the cabanas. Also the "double-wide" chaises are not comfortable. Change the cabanas and double chaises out for regular lounge chairs. There is not nearly enough seating for people at either pool, but this suggestion would help. Also, the idea of outside music at the Carraba's bar is great, but it is VERY loud and not what we consider South Florida music. Why not have some beach-y type music or steel drum-type music rather than super loud rappish type music? All the employees with whom we interacted were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front rooms in new tower.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Well the bottom line at this hotel is they have back of house accounting issues. Despite my efforts to ask the hotel to stop charging security deposits to my credit card they didn't stop. During my 3 nights stay I had no less than 7 authorizations ranging from $10 to $60. It was very frustrating as I thought I was a victim of credit card fraud at this hotel. Any time I billed something as simple as a bottle of water to my room, another authorization to my card was made by hotel and which prompted another email from my credit card informing me. Can you blame me for thinking this was credit card fraud? The funny part was that I pre-paid for my 3 nights stay so my balance was very small. Still the hotel continued to run authorizations on my card and the hotel staff, including Senior Management who I spoke to, could not stop nor control the situation. I got the run-around and wonder how many other travelers where having the same problems. Strange because I am also a hotel Elite member at Marriott which probably meant that everyone was having similar issues. I just happened to know about them because I have alerts set for my card to notify me.

You make the call but I would recommend you pass on this hotel until they sort out their billing problems. Although we found the hotel pleasant, great location and staff, I do not recommend you deal with the worry of feeling like something is wrong with your credit situation or the possibility that your card shuts the card down fearing fraud which puts the burden on you to resolve the situation when you are supposed to be enjoying your holiday.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mdaviddb21,

Thank You for choosing our property during your visit to Miami Beach. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your Credit Card. We attempted to contact you prior to your departure to help further explain the charges. If you have a moment I can be reached at 305-538-3373.

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 3 nights after returning from an Eastern Caribbean cruise. We are 3 adults so the tower with the 2 queen beds fit our needs perfectly. There is also a pullout sleeper couch. We stayed in room 936 with a view of the ocean and pool area. The room is very large and the bathroom huge. The walk-in shower is so big but would have been nicer with a rain shower or 2nd shower head.

Danielle, at the front desk, was wonderfully accommodating in allowing very early check in as my husband was ill. The other exceptional encounter was the maintenance person, Alex I believe, in helping with getting the balcony door open and fixing the mini fridge and wanted to make certain our stay was good.

Housekeeping needs some training, or else more linens are needed by the hotel. At about $500 per night average we only got a bathmat 1 night and not even an extra towel. We were never sure if we were going to get housekeeping at all. My husband had to call downstairs 2 days to make certain they were coming at all. He was told they left at 4pm and he never saw them until after that time.

The additional breakfast buffet was as to be expected from a Marriott. The pool service, rear bar/ outside back dining area and the attached restaurant are all Carrabba's. Surprisingly good food and services and the outside bar has a great happy hour and reasonably priced menu.

My friend and I walked to South Beach to take in the architecture and vibe. The boardwalk goes all the way down to that point. We walked down and back and zigzagged through the area streets and that was 8 miles plus, but flat, easy walking. (I'm in my mid 60's). They have a site seeing bus for $39 for 2 days that stops right in front of the hotel that goes to south beach and over to Miami with a great number of good stops where you can get off and on with another bus coming every 1/2 hour.

Good trip, good location and overall good experience.

Room Tip: The new tower with the bigger rooms and double queen beds worked best for our needs.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night. Got the feeling that the hotel is more suitable for business travelers than vacationers. it's located in mid Miami Beach, so you are at least a $10 taxi ride away from all the south beach action. But on the flip side, I'm sure a comparable (King) room in south beach would be much more expensive than the $200 I paid for the night.

We paid a slight premium to get an "Ocenview" room. While that term is technically correct, we really got to see only a narrow slice of the ocean. The rest of the view was blocked the other tower in this twin-tower hotel. By the way, there are a number of dumpsters in the road separating the two towers and all the balconies overlook this road. So, around 9AM or so, you can expect a lot of noise from the trash truck picking up trash from these dumpsters.

Overall, a decent option for the price if you're looking for a clean bed and shower for a night.

Room Tip: High floor in the newer Ocean Tower
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sri V,

Thank You for choosing our hotel during your latest visit to Miami Beach. We truly appreciate your comments and hope that you provide us with another opportunity during your next visit to Miami Beach. Thank You for the feedback

SW London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were very clean and spacious, before our arrival I had asked for a room upgrade if possible which the hotel were more than happy to authorise. We had a room in the ocean tower which was facing the beach with a pool view too. The bathroom was humongous with an amazing shower, we could tell we were in a newer room! We had breakfast included in our deal as well as free Wi-Fi which was great, breakfast has array of food my favourite would have to be the freshly made omelettes and waffles. The staff were exceptionally helpful and the service we received was great. I would thoroughly recommend staying at this hotel, its location is very close on Lincoln rd where there are a lot of shops and restaurants, there is also a bus stop just a stones throw away from the hotel which can take you directly to the mall ( it takes about an hour but is much cheaper than a cab) the beach is also at your doorstep and the hotel has its own tiki bar...what more could you ask for! I would defiantly come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: As for room in the Ocean tower block.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Venice
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is the kind of standard you would expect from booking into a Marriot. We had a nice room in the ocean front tower. It was large, clean and had a very nice view of sea and beach. This was true for the two diffrent rooms we stayed at. The hotel just north of the Cadillac hosted a big Party during Art Miami fair, so we moved. Rooms facing south have a better view. They are overlooking the pool courtyard and the next high rise is not so close by. However you may be disturbed by the leaf blower used to clean the pool area as from 8.30 am. Staff is friendly but surely needs a lot more training. There is room for improvement in most areas but nothing went terribly wrong.
The beach is great and the service with chairs and umbrellas is very friendly. As a hotel guest you might expect it to be less expensive though if not included. If you prefer some privacy and space between your chair and your neighbour this is the place to be as opposed to the sardines packed beaches a little further north.
Hard to tell who the hotel is focusing on. There was a bit of everything (groups, couples, business, solo, friends) which may be why we did not feel to be at the core. Coming back to Miami Beach we would probably prefer to go somewhere else. Not because we were disappointed but for being treated with more individual attention and a specific atmosphere rather than a decent but average standard. That may cost more money but reward you with a more emotional experience.

Room Tip: Ocean front tower facing south is nicer than looking north.
Dear Michael V

Thank You for staying with us during your most visit to Miami Beach. We truly apologize for the sounds you heard during the morning. We attempt to ensure a clean and safe environment and we did not deliver in this instance. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.
We hope you provide with another opportunity to host you during your next visit to Miami Beach.

Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The reliable quality of Marriott Courtyard combined with typical Miami flair can be found here. The location is on Collins Avenue the beach on one side and easy access to public and rental transportation on the other side. Rooms are a good size and clean. Recommendable to various types of travelers.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!