“Very nice Art Deco lobby. Glad we were there for just one night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #66 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice Art Deco lobby. Glad we were there for just one night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Let me preface my review by saying that I'm not the type of person who expects 50 bucks worth of service for 50 cents worth of payment. And it was, sort of, a worthwhile learning experience -- we had made our reservation as part of a cruise package three months in advance. For which, paying essentially the rack rate, we were given the wrong type of room (a single double bed) a long trek from the lobby but very near a laundry room. But the hotel staff were very pleasant throughout our stay, including when they did put us into the type of room we HAD reserved (one with double beds), conveniently (?) located right next to the elevators. For a future cruise, it might make more sense to use a site like Priceline or even book the hotel directly with appropriate discount codes and arrange the transfer separately,

I do have some very positive things to say about the Carabbas Italian restaurant in the hotel, and about the swimming pools, but those will come later. I should mention that we were at the hotel only from one afternoon until noon the next day, so we did not have the chance to make use of the whole environment, and this may color my perspectives.

General. This Courtyard by Marriott is the former Cadillac Hotel, built in the Art Deco period and very attractively updated to reflect this heritage. In addition to a large hot tub, there are two separate pools, one apparently intended for swimming and the other, labelled Playpool, presumably intended for more recreational activities. The hotel is just the boardwalk away from the beach. On the other hand, apart from the Tiki Bar by the pools, which serves only bar food and which appears to be open only from noon time, there appears to be no food service available before the Carabbas restaurant opens for dinner. I don't know if there's any casual place to eat anywhere close by on foot -- there didn't seem to be.

Throughout our stay, the hotel staff were friendly and also helpful in correcting things that shouldn't have needed to be corrected in the first place. As noted, whether the fault of the cruise line or the hotel, we didn't get the type of room we had requested. Although I do not understand why, our having paid essentially the rack rate months in advance, we were given one of the worst located rooms in the first place and then one of the not so great rooms to match what we had reserved. The printed welcome information brochure in the room indicated complementary coffee at 5:30 a.m. I found out that actually the coffee starts an hour later and is NOT complementary. I was given to understand that the breakfast buffet was included in our package. Nope, and although it was good, and the omelette cook was very outgoing and attentive to what was requested, it was not inexpensive. Knowing that the transfers to the ship were scheduled for 11:45 a.m., the hotel locked us out of our rooms at 11. But the staff were very friendly in dealing with all this.

As others have noted, the faucet in our room was schizophrenic as to whether it wanted to provide hot water or cold water. As it happens, the week before I had stayed at a Courtyard by National Airport in Washington, and the following comments apply to that stay as well. I have never tried to make coffee from mulch, so it is just a supposition that the "coffee" provided for in-room brewing tastes like it was made from mulch. It certainly doesn't taste like it was made from coffee beans. It would also be nice if Courtyards were to provide a guide to TV channels so that people don't have to go from one channel to the next to the next.

This is an older hotel, but it is clear that they have made significant efforts to become accessible (although I'm not sure how someone who uses a wheelchair is supposed to get into the hotel -- I myself have no need for accessibility). While there might not be much call, though, I think it would be nice if it were possible for someone who uses a wheelchair to have access to the entry patio so that s/he could watch the traffic go by.

A Bright Spot. The Carrabas Restaurant. The Carabbas Restaurant is part of the same chain that does Maggiano's Restaurants, but is differentiated from them in that the cuisine is contemporary Italian as compared to traditional Italian. We were served by a very affable and extremely knowledgeable waiter, Guy, who was very familiar with the items on the menu, including the spices and techniques with which they were prepared, and who was very willing to let the kitchen staff know about restrictions. It was also clear that other diners were also able to benefit from his product knowledge across the menu. Definitely Guy is a "keeper" and the bright spot of the stay. And the food was very tasty and well prepared and reasonably priced.

Summary. This Courtyard by Marriott Cadillac might be a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else? Hope for the tower?
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is noisy and very loud, especially if you get a room facing the front. Toilet not cleaned with gaping hole in the wall. Walls vibrate when air conditioning is running and they are hollow.
The rooms are small and narrow with only space for a double bed. Feels more like a motel than a hotel room. I would not recommend.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Thomsocash

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We are dissapointed by your comments and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the guestroom. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team so that continue to improve our hotel service; if you have a moment I'd like to receive more information about your visit (305-538-3373). Thank You and we hope to earn your business again.

Best Regards

Joseph LaFleur
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The title says it all. Great location, great hotel and excellent service. It's about 10 minutes from all the great restaurants at Lincoln Mall. Only down side is the valet parking is 32$ a day but it is in and out.

Room Tip: We had room 510 it had a great view of the pool and the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As someone who has visited Miami Beach for many years it is always nice to see the old Art Deco properties restored to their original charm. The Courtyard Cadillac Hotel is a perfect example. Originally the Cadillac Hotel, Marriott has done a wonderful job restoring the lobby and common areas while invoking some modern design amenities to the property. The result is a well located charming hotel that is more of a Courtyard on steroids than the typical Courtyard property.

The location is north of South Beach a few blocks from the Fountainbleau and Eden Roc. It is beachfront located along the boardwalk which runs all the way to south beach. The hotel offers two pools, a pool bar and a bar on the boardwalk and a chain Italian restaurant on the property. The breakfast buffet is extensive but expensive so a better option might be the market across the street which offers numerous food and drink choices. The is also a lobby bar which offers a late night happy hour. The pools are rather small which was typical for the era the hotel was built but the pool area is nicely maintained especially around the new infinity pool near the newly opened tower. If you prefer to use the beach there are lounges and umbrellas for rent or you can just bring your towel.

We stayed in the renovated Tower which is closer to the ocean than the main hotel. Each room offers a balcony many with direct ocean views. The rooms were very clean, modern and large enough. The bathrooms are especially nice and large especially the shower but no tub. I did not see a room in the main building but I understand they are a bit smaller.

The hotel staff were very friendly even on a busy weekend. They did an excellent job of checking people in and keeping the property clean. They even offered free ice cream in the lobby on Saturday. The one drawback to this property is the parking situation. Parking and traffic anywhere in Miami is always a challenge and this property is no exception. They offer only valet parking at a cost of $32.00 per day. If you are staying more than a day or two or have someone meeting you as was the case with us the cost becomes outrageous. In addition if you want your car be prepared to wait 30 minutes or more for staff to retrieve it. The parking staff do their best but there are no easy or alternate parking options in the area although I tried my best to find one. The best option is to avoid the issue of the car altogether. Miami airport is 20 minutes and Fort Lauderdale about 35 so a shuttle or taxi may be a better option. Overall however this hotel is a solid choice for visiting Miami Beach.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view with balcony on high floor.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The valets were not friendly. I guess they thought we didn't know valet costs $32 a night? Turn off. Check in took a while, as rooms were not yet ready at 4:30. Luckily ours was done while we had a birthday drink at the beautiful bar!!! Btw the lobby is GORGEOUS!!!

The room was fine, nothing special - typical Courtyard property. We didn't eat here so I can't help with that. We had no view either but did have a balcony and a fridge in the room, which is good for avoiding pricey Miami drinks.

I didn't see the beach or pool either, but I'd consider returning if rate is super low. I prefer to stay in the heart of South Beach...

Room Tip: High floor with ocean view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Germantown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came with a friend for an over-nite stay on our way to Puerto Rico. We wanted a nice, "reasonably priced" Miami beach- front hotel close to shopping, site-seeing opportunities, and the University of Miami. The Courtyard definitely met this criteria. My friend was able to take advantage of its beachfront location, beautiful pools, spacious lobby and local shopping! I was able to enjoy a wonderful nights sleep in a clean, pleasant room with a nice ocean view and easy drive to UM where I was able to visit with my daughter. An extra special touch was the valet service I received in the early morning....I'd told them the night before I'd be wanting to use my car about 6:45 am. Much to my delightful surprise, and without any reminder phone call, it was waiting and ready when I stepped out the door!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 2 nights. Rooms are clean and have a nice view of the beach and its just behind the hotel. Has 2 pools and a hot tub. Awesome staff at the pool area. Bfast buffet is ok. The only problem i had was there was no cold water in the sink and shower. The water was too hot for shower.

Stayed October 2014

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!