“RUDE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“RUDE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

All in all my stay was okay because I did not deal with the staff at all until I checked out and left my luggage with the concierge since I wanted a little more time on the beach. When I came back for my luggage he gave it back to my wit the handle broken which was not how he recieved it. I went to go find my family to show them the damage and they told me to talk to the front desk so I brought up the situation to them but no one could seem to help. The concierge was VERY RUDE to me trying to blame me saying I broke it which I was shocked by how he was so mean I almost started to cry, the only person that was nice and tried to help was the head of the valet and the engineer that could not fix my bag. There was talk about filling out an accident report but a woman at the front desk but she did not have me sign it or even ask my name that I was later told as I was getting into my car to go home by the valet was supposed to happen. This whole situation made me very upset and was just so rude and inconsiderate by these employees.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Excellent service, from the valet to the maids. The location still good despite is north in Miami Beach. The beach where the hotel stands is very nice for the family and the hotel has a cabana bar with near so you can be at the beach for many hours. The lobby was undergoing renovation (by the way it seems to be done by this moment) The rooms need the treatment too, outdated and small, with deficient cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room with balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Andres R,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit over the holidays. I am happy to announce that our property expansion is now complete featuring a new lobby, new pool, new fitness center and great oceanfront facing guestrooms. I hope we have the opportunity to host you in the near future, so that you may experience our great property.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Try to get on the ocean front side. I did not, and it would have been OK except when the maids had the door propped open to clean the ocean front rooms and I glanced out -it was breathtaking. So either get one or don't look toward the ocean as you walk down the hall.

Front desk service was exceptional. Nice outside bar and very short walk to boardwalk and beach.

The hotel has a little old, not exactly seedy flavor which was fine by me.

Transportation: It was easy to catch the bus south from the hotel. If you take a taxi without a meter, get a price before you leave! During rush hour you can almost walk across the bridge to downtown faster than taking a taxi.

Room Tip: Either get an ocean front room or keep blinkers on when walking down the hall to the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear 2Wolfgang

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We do have great oceanfront views in historic hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope you return in the near future to experience our new oceanfront rooms. I appreciate your feedback.

Jamestown,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was booked in advance. Our arrival was a little late because of transportation. The night desk attendant was super and very helpful with finding our group (6) a nice close place for dinner. It wasn't packed as we stayed on a
Sunday before our cruise .
The room was of good size for our group. We had to call down for extra towels and wash cloths which I thought should have been there given the number of guests. We had enough for 4 but not 6. They arrived in a timely fashion. The beds were comfy and pillows were nice and soft with there being 4 on each bed. The sofa bed was horrible. No cushion and uncomfortable. Not a huge deal because it is a sofa bed!
All slept well.
The worst part came the following morning when a person in our group used a glass that had been placed as clean with a cover on it. Using it to rinse they felt something in their mouth only to find that it was a contact! (No one used contacts in our group). After checking the glass, found the other one! Expletive! Seriously! We went down shortly after for checkout. When asked by the manager at the desk how our stay was, I calmly proceeded to explain the incident and produced the glass to him with the contacts, not swallowed thank goodness. He apologized, also felt nauseous, and set it aside to present to the cleaning staff. Proceeded to look at our reservation and offered 200 reward points IF anyone was enrolled!! Are you kidding me!!
I expressed my anger and disagreement with that, he then stated that he COULD NOT do anything but then offer our group a $25 discount on the room. I checked with the person involved in the incident for approval and they said ok as she was just ready to leave by then. He did call for a van yellow cab for us and another gentlemen loaded our bags into the taxi. Lesson learned. Check EVERYTHING before use.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear saving for fun,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping team and will continue to ensure we enforce proper room inspections. I apologize for the poor experience in your guestroom. We hope you provide with another opportunity.

Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a recent, short trip. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. Because of my loyalty program status, we were upgraded to an oceanfront room.

The rooms were smaller than I am used to, but it's still a perfect size for two people. It feels almost exactly the size of the rooms in the Loisir in Naha, which is to say, both have right sized rooms.

The beach access was a nice perk, but it seemed as if some of the beach staff were less than ideally informed about hotel policies. As I asked about getting two cushioned chairs, I was told they they would be closing up soon and that we could sit in the sand if we like. We found some unoccupied chairs and decided to try our luck. Within minutes, a senior employee had taken our guy aside and talked to him discreetly. We weren't bothered from that point on.

There are a few little things that were out of place--the ATM and Best Buy Express machine in the lobby (I know, shame on me, but we needed a charger) weren't operational, and none of the speed dial (Front Desk, Valet, Restaurant) buttons on our room phone dialed anything.

The above points are just nagging. Overall, this is a really good hotel and worth a stay. The pool area is inviting, and I can't wait to see what it's like when they conclude their construction.

When we return to Miami, we're very likely to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lawrence H

Thank You for staying with us during your to Miami Beach. We appreciate you loyalty and all of your comments. We hope you provide us with another opportunity at our property as we just completed our beautiful new property expansion. I apologize about the ATM and Best Buy machine, as we acted promptly to resolve this.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our family of five (my husband & I plus 3 young adults in their early 20s) stayed at this mid Miami Beach Marriott between 12/27 to 1/2/14. This is a pleasant hotel, clean and up-to-date. From the car valets and the housekeepers to the asst. manager everyone is friendly & attentive. This is a very reasonably priced hotel right on a very nice white sand beach. I really did not want to stay by the craziness of South Beach and this fit the bill. We visited a few restaurants & went to a couple of bars in that area, but everyone was happy to return to our quieter location (8 min cab ride).
In January an entire new tower with 95 ocean view rooms, beautiful lobby, specialty rum bar, a second pool with private cabanas is opening.. After January, the cheaper rooms will be in the older tower.

Room Tip: About 35 of these older ocean view rooms will be blocked by the new tower. When booking, be sure to...
Dear MCB 826

Thank You for choosing our hotel for your most recent visit. I appreciate all of your feedback and hope to see you back in the near future. We have opened our beautiful new hotel expansion featuring a new lobby, pool, fitness center and great views of the beach and ocean. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the service team and as always we hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Yes this hotel is under renovation but it was still a nice hotel with clean comfortable rooms. Good oceanfront hotel and clean pool. The staff from hotel management to front desk were friendly and helpful. Late night market for late night snacks. Well priced stay for Miami Beach.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Travelwithmykids50,

Thank You for choosing our property for your visit to Miami Beach. We have just opened our great new property expansion and hope you return to stay with us in the near future. Thank You for the feedback

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!