“Great Place to Stay / Great Location / Awesome Staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #63 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great Place to Stay / Great Location / Awesome Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here a few weeks ago and we could not have been happier. First off the location of the hotel is perfect. You are literally on the beach. We had a room on the side of the hotel and we could still see the water.

The staff at this hotel was a cut above. I was extremely impressed with everyone's professionalism and class. Two staff members in particular went up and above the call of duty. Marcus and Marino were amazing. My girlfriend and I lounged on the beach every day we were there and Marcus and Marino could not have been more helpful. They both set up our lounge area, inform us of some great things to do and places to eat. We hope to see them again when we come back next year!

I would recommend anyone who enjoys the beach, great hospitality and great staff to give this hotel a try. We know we will be coming back again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view. we walked by a few that were open and peaked in, they looked...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear BrianH,

Thank You for staying with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Marcus and Marino, as they are truly great associates. We appreciate your feedback and hope you return to visit us in the near future.

1,009 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was older but full of history. It was awesome standing out front picturing 1957, when Frank Sinatra stepped foot into the Cadillac Hotel to film "Pal Joey" They are doing a nice job with the renovation, but the hotel is still old. There is not much you can do about the damp smell in older oceanfront hotels. The staff was friendly. In the morning we were offered free chocolate croissants and they were AMAZING!!!!!! The location is kinda borderline far from the hot spots of sobe, but right across the street you can rent Deco Bikes 24/7 for 5.00 and get where you want to go in no time. Plus its easier than finding parking. Real Muzic Radio was taking a cruise from the port for one of our travel shows. The location was not too far from the port. It made for a nice mini vacation before our cruise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear realmuzradio,

We are excited about the completion of our property expansion which will open in a few short days. The hotel is historic and brings alot of great memories for those who have been visiting Miami Beach for many years. I apologize about the smell; I will ensure our housekeeping team is aware and proper follow-up is taken. We hope you provide us with another opportunity during your next visit to Miami Beach.

dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel is actually Cadillac. Near to beach and board walk. It was adding a new block so lot of construction linked issues were there. I got it for a very high rate as it was a last moment trip. Stayed there for one week. Rooms are small. Hotel staff is friendly. Breakfast was good and chef at the omelette counter was very good and an enthusiastic server. They provide very small complimentary water bottles outside the hotel but not inside! Hotel and as such Collins avenue is peaceful. Taxis are the order of the day though a bus service is available and cheap. It was my second trip to Miami and stayed last time also in Collins avenue in a different hotel. Would not stay in this hotel as it was not worth the money I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Shaild,

We truly appreciate your decision to stay with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered. We are just now completing our property beautification project which features great new guest amenities which we feel will truly enhance the guest experience. We hope you provide us with another opportunity.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I chose this hotel as my husband and I are in our 30s and wanted to experience Miami Beach but be somewhere a bit more sedate than South Beach with all the noise and young party animals. From the Virgin Holidays brochure this hotel looked nice and classy and appeared to be away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach but within walking distance so seemed ideal.

Alarm bells started ringing when we got a letter from Virgin Holidays warning of construction work that was unfinished and would impinge on our stay. I then checked tripadvisor and had seen lots of negative reports and contacted Virgin to see if we could at least get an upgraded room, discount or move to a different hotel. Virgin kept saying that the main external work would be finished by the time we got there and rather unhelpfully gave us the option of changing our hotel to the Fontainbleau which was completely out of our price range and I think they knew this. I complained again after seeing more bad reviews about the construction work and Virgin Holidays were really short with me and basically said it was all out of their hands.

Anyhow we hoped for the best as we'd also seen good reviews about the hotel on tripadvisor. On arrival we had to deal with the whole parking hoo-ha. I refused to pay $30 (exclusive of tax and tip) for valet parking at the hotel so we had to go park at the 41st st garage for $15 a night and then lug our cases and bags for 15 mins in the searing heat to the Marriott. I asked for a quiet room and the lady at check in put us in room 928 away from the lifts which was good. When we got to our room we very pleased, we had a nice balcony with a view of the beach and it looked very classy and clean. We noticed we had an adjoining room which was locked. It wasn't until the next day I realized we could very clearly hear the TV on in the next room, and then people talking as if they were in the same room as us which gave us no privacy at all.

We then took a stroll via the beach walk to South beach - unfortunately due to construction work we had to come off the beach walk after a few blocks and walk down the front of Collins Avenue which took ages due to all the traffic and pedestrian crossings. It was about 45 mins to 10th st and we only did it in that time due to power walking and running across roads as we needed to be somewhere fast. I don't think that the location of this hotel is convenient to South Beach at all. The worst thing about this hotel is the location and the state of Mid Beach. During our stroll on our first night we couldn't believe how unpleasant the entirety of Collins Ave is until about 17th Street, there's roadworks, skips, traffic cones, Hotels being demolished, workmen everywhere. My street at home is 100 times more scenic and relaxing than Mid Beach at the moment. I strongly feel that this hotel should be warning people about the surrounding area - the hotel next door is being completely demolished with a crane and a wrecking ball out front and waking up to the noise of a cement mixing van reversing is not ideal!

After a few days of moderate noise from the room next to us, a bunch of men checked in next door, they were talking to each other and were drinking and we could hear EVERYTHING including them opening beer cans and drawing the curtains, then the music started. We sufferer from noisy neighbors at home so to experience it on holiday was very disappointing. My husband rang front desk to ask for a room change (albeit grudgingly - it was a pain to pack everything up and move) and the man he spoke to made it seem like an ordeal and said he would call us back. He didn't call back and the music got louder so my husband when downstairs and spoke to a much more helpful lady who said we could move to another room. The down side to this was that the room was smaller and we lost our balcony (which I believe we paid to have) but we had to get away from the noise. Imagine our disappointment when late the next night someone checked in next door and started talking on his mobile and we could hear every word he was saying. As we'd moved once already there didn't seem any hope of getting a better room so we put up with it, thank god for earplugs!

I contacted the Marriott beforehand to check I could change traveler's checks and they said yes but when I went to front desk this turned into an ordeal with staff acting like they'd never seen one before in their lives and phone calls having to be made - we had no such problems at the Marriott in Orlando where we'd stayed the previous week.

One night the internet in my room was not working, I rang the front desk to ask for help but had to ring a good 3 or times to get through to anyone, when I eventually spoke to a young man he kept telling me that my husband and I were connecting wrong ( we were not and I am an Online Publishing Manager and my husband a Server Architect so we know how to connect a simple device to the internet!!), when he quit blaming me for connecting wrong he then offered to put us through to the ISP. I didn't come on holiday to sit on hold to an internet service provider! In the end I asked for an access code and he eventually found me one and the next day the internet was fixed but this was not my idea of good customer service!

On the last day when we were checking out with all our luggage the lifts broke which wasn't great either.

It's a shame I have to write this negative review, it's a nice hotel with decent rooms and facilities and about 70% of the staff I came across were helpful and knowledgeable but it seemed to be complete pot luck as to who you got helping you. The pool area outside and tiki bar seemed nice (if you ignored the bags of cement and green tarpaulin 'hiding' the construction), there was free ice cream in the afternoons, fruit water on offer all the time, free coffee, free internet and printer access in the lobby - however I would have traded all of this ten times over for a quiet room with a balcony as I'd paid for, reasonably priced parking, and a decent view which didn't include cement mixers and traffic cones!

The restaurant Carrabba's attached to the hotel is nice with great service and doormen always very polite and helpful.

The soundproofing needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency though in my opinion as it's completely unacceptable. I also feel that the hotel and Virgin Holidays should have taken more responsibility for the fact that the mid beach area is a construction site and will be for the near future - there are hotels going up that are only just bare bones at the moment so don't expect the construction to end soon. When I booked there was no mention made of any of this and by the time I was made aware it was too late and Virgin Holidays refused to take any responsibility. If I was to stay in Miami again I would probably opt for South Beach as it was probably 10 x louder and uglier staying in mid beach!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 928 the walls are like paper!
Dear Mrs. Ramjam

I want to thank you for choosing our property through Virgin Holidays. I also want to apologize for the building work, noise and internet challenges you experienced. We strive to ensure every guest leaves with a favorable experience. We will contact your tour operator so they view your comments as well and follow up as to why you were not notified prior to your arrival. Our property is now finishing the building project and we are excited about the new guest amenities. We hope you provide us with another opportunity upon your return visit to Miami Beach.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Wow this hotel is full of little attentions, showcase its historic heritage by displaying old photos. Staff is super helpful, everybody said hello and greeted us with a smile. The room is large enough with all the fixing. The little fridge is perfect. The beach can't be closer with a very nice boardwalk to walk around.

The people at the pool were super nice and always made sure we had clean towels. They ever offered popsicles and smoothies. Restaurants were affordable and offered good options for breakfast, lunch and diner.

The hotel is walking distance (20 blocks) from Lincoln road and ocean drive. The bus system is very cheap and convenient. Use the bus from the airport, there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel. (+\- 30 mins)

Room Tip: Ask a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Some room offers a partial view on the new tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Pascal,

Thank You for staying with us during your stay in Miami Beach. We truly appreciate the fedback and will share your comments with the staff. I hope to see you for your next visit to Miami Beach.

newcastle-upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel (also known as the Caddilac) 10th-13th September 2013 the third stop on our self drive tour of Florida,the hotel is undergoing a massive refit inside and out and to be fair the very nice receptionist did apologise about the work being done in the hotel,our room was on the beachside and was quite nice (we think the receptionist gave us a bit of an upgrade)which was a nice suprise as we only booked a standard room the balcony was tiny but we were overlooking the pool and beach, the public areas are ok but i am sure will look fab when all the work is done,the breakfast is served in a section of the italian restuarant attached to the hotel which we used for dinner one evening as there is"nt a lot to choose from on this section of Collins ave.if you are looking for shops and restaurants stay on Washington ave.,however we enjoyed our time staying here, a couple of gripes though about this hotel the new tower that has been built on the beach side has blocked off a lot of the oceanfront rooms which i personally would have not been happy with if i had paid for oceanfront but luckily we only overlooked the edge of this tower also at breakfast which is ok we were charged every morning despite me only having continental we did get it sorted but perhaps a review of the system should be done,however it was really good to see Miami beach and Miami and who knows we may return one day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear seasonedtraveller,

We Thank You very much for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I hope you provide with us another opportunity as property is weeks away from its transformation with a new enhanced lobby experience, outdoor space and beautiful new oceanfront rooms. I am glad our front desk staff was able to provide you with a oceanfront room. Our current rooms that are facing the expansion are not classified as oceanfront, so one could not not reserve those as oceanfront eventhough they provide a view of the beach. We truly apologize for the billing challenge at breakfast, I am glad we were able to turn that around. We hope you give us another chance upon your next visit to Miami Beach.

Woodbridge, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am writing this review based solely on the customer service we received. My husband and I booked another Marriott chain hotel and was very disappointed upon check-in. So much so that we left and started looking for another hotel. We came across the Courtyard Oceanfront and thought we would try it. I walked up to the front desk and was assisted by Stephany who was amazing. I informed her of the bad experience at the other hotel and she was apologetic and immediately wanted to make things right for us. She put us in a Penthouse suite with a private balcony with views of the city and the beach. It was amazing! She also had a bottle of champagne sent to our room and a card signed by some of the staff congratulating us on our marriage. Her customer service alone will make us return to the hotel when visiting Miami. The rooms and the beach access are nice. One complaint we have is the hotel charges you $45 for two beach chairs and an umbrella when this should be included in the cost of the room. The cost of the rooms may be lower but after you add in the cost for chairs, umbrellas and valet you may as well stay at a nicer hotel that ends up costing the same amount.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear jboogj,

Thank You very much for staying at our property. I am very happy that we were able to turn your experience around. We will be sure to pass along your feedback and comments to the front desk team, especially Stephany. She is an asset to our team. We are also adding more oceanfront guestrooms in the near future and we hope that we have the opportunity to have you explore those rooms as well. We hope to see you return very soon.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!