“Even with heavy construction, worth the stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #70 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Even with heavy construction, worth the stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here sept.20-23 of this year for the long weekend. They are doing alot of construction around the hotel. They are building a new tower and expanding the pool and carabas tiki bar area which once all done, will be amazing. With this new tower up it turned our ocean front room into a partial ocean view. Also they are completely renovating the hotel next door. The noise isn't that much of a problem.

Hotel is very nice. Rooms are very clean. its about 5-7 minutes by cab to the main strip (ocean ave, collins ave and washington ave), around $8-10 each way.

The pool is nice, with a bar next to it. (has the green construction privacy screens around it for the construction which once all done will be amazing). There is a walkway to the carabas tiki bar and deck area which is really nice to grab drinks and food.

Beach is literally steps past that. Nice boardwalk to walk down past all the hotels. (cool to walk on after its not so hot out). The beach is really clean although they charge $45 for an umbrella and 2 chairs even to hotel guests. That was annoying but you get it until 6 pm.

were both in our 20's so we relied on yelp to get us clubs, lounges and bars. we went to mansion and got really cheap tickets on stubhub.com at the last minute. if you like edm, deep house, trance, than check out mansion, story or set. Bamboo looked amazing also. The bars are hit and miss with alot of dives so bar hopping is kind of hard. they have rooftop bar/ lounges but those close at 2am where as the clubs and bars close at 5am. Drinks are pricey so pre gaming is probably wise.

defiantly check out lincoln avenue mall. its a must. all shopping and endless food. italian, cuban, argentinian, brazilian food. street runs for like 8-10 blocks, all closed off with the restaurants and hookah lounges all having there tables and umbrellas everywhere.

also check out ocean ave off the strip for side walk restauants and great lunch specials. we had amazing paella.
BE AWARE that they put gratuity with every bill for food and drinks even for only 2 people and even for 1 drink. so double check ur bill so you dont wind up leaving massive tips.

another word of advise is to not fly into fort lauderdale. priceline sent us there because it was cheaper but the car service ride was $65 each way. (about 35 minutes) they said the taxi's would run the meters and it could be anywhere from $75-90.

definitely would stay here again. location is great and its very quiet and its close enough to the strip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear NYGiants 2010,

Thank You very much for choosing our property. I appreciate all of your feedback and hope we see you back in the near future. I do apologize for the early closure of the beach chairs, however the city does mandate the operating times as all Florida beaches are public. Thank You again for your stay, we will be sure to pass this along to the staff.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Elmwood Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was at the end of their renovations to improve the hotel. While it still has it's amazing view of the ocean, nice comfortable rooms, good fitness room, good food, and mostly great customer service. The hotel staff seems either overwhelmed or out of place. Smiling faces from the past no longer existed even though the same workers were there. No one seemed up to helping anyone out. For a hotel going through a large renovation the customer service should have been at an all time high. We have been staying here for years and will give them one more chance to see if the renovations not only improve the facilities but also the attitudes. The saving grace was the general manager who personally spoke with us as we were waiting for our car to head back to the airport. Hopefully all will be well next year, but we still love Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms higher will have a nicer view but an extremely long wait for the slow elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eric H

Thank You very much for your feedback and decision nto stay in our hotel. I am very excited about the future of this hotel as our property beautification efforts are almost complete. I am surprised by the staff attitude and will be sure to address the lack of welcoming service. I hope you give us another opportunity.

Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Tiki Bar was superb! The food and service was awesome and the bartender ( Cha Cha) was by far the best on Miami Beach! She created a friendly atmosphere and introduced several guests who were from same area. If you are in the area, please consider this spot for some memorable experiences:-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Sarita D

Thank You for staying with us. I will certainly deliver your kind words to the service team at the Tiki Bar, especially (Cha Cha). We hope to see you return in the near future.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was staying in the hotel for a week, during the week I received twice phone calls around 7 a.m. to urge me to pay valet parking. The staff put their routine tasks superior to guests' interest. When I complained to the manager asking not to call me in the early morning, she responded that 'i am sorry i have a reason that you might check out and don't pay us. this is our procedure.' I am having an Audi with them, how could I just ran away without my car? this is nonsence. The employee of the hotel just started work around 7 and found some guests hadn't paid for the valet. Then pick up the call and complete their daily task. That's the attitude of the hotel. The hotel is okay, kind of upgraded version of Extended Stay. Room deco is quite old, but neat to be honest. One strange thing I noticed is that there is one step at the front door entrance. Everybody has to watch the step when opening the door. I was wondering how come there is no ramp covering the step to avoid injuries. Also there is no entrance facility for disable people. All the luggage has to taken over the steps from ground. This means everybody has to pay for the tips for door boy. Aha! Every Friday morning, there is an alarm test lasting for 30 minutes or so. Yet nobody notifying the guests that is an alarm test but rather leave it on for 30 minutes. I wa running out of the room until the moment they announced it was a test. However, after the annoucement, the alarm was still on. Obviously the hotel management doesn't care that there are hundreds of guests sleeping at the moment. All these reflect poor attitude. If you go on Thursday, get prepared for the alarm on Friday morning. The hotel staff acting very cheap, no decency to be honest. During my stay in the hotel, some of the swimming area was under construction. Yet I was not informed about such ongoing construction job at all.

Room Tip: the room was okay, very old though. I don't like the hotel at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessica S,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the feedback and sincerely apologize for any challenges you may have encountered during your stay. We strive to provide a safe and friendly environment to all of our guests. Our facility is completing the final stages of a property expansion, we apologize if you were not notified prior to your visit; the hotel website has had a construction message since March 2012 and all guests are notified at check-in. The hotel is also a historic hotel and the steps at the buildings entrance are protected; we also have an accessible lift at the main entrance. The alarms which you heard was a fire safety test and is not a daily occurrence. Lastly, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had endured, I would welcome a call to discuss the parking charges. I can be reached at 305-538-3373. We hope that you allow for a second chance in the future.

CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our priority: The Beach. It was beautiful, sandy, not overcrowded (July), and water was clear.

Location: As mentioned North of South Beach (a good thing for family’s). Right on the beach. Short drive to Miami downtown and Miami beach shopping. Walk to CVS, Baskin Robbins, some smaller restaurants.

Staff worked hard to help. Rooms are on the smaller side, but typical of the area. Great for families.

Once construction is complete, I would highly recommend. Of course I’m sure the prices will sadly increase as well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear declue,

Thank You for your feedback and for choosing our hotel during your visit to Miami Beach. I agree, the location of the hotel is great (close to all of the attractions). I will be sure tio deliver your feedback to the service team at the hotel. Thank You for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful ocean view hotel. Very modern decor with classic Miami charm. Front desk staff wonderfully friendly and helpful. Tiki bar and pool was fun. A few blocks walking distance from a Walgreens and cafes. Stay here for sure!

• Stayed July 2013
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Whitney T,

Thank You very much for your kind words and feedback. I will be sure to pass this along to our front desk staff and tiki bar staff. The hotel does have great views and its location (on the beach) is phenomenal. I hope to see you back in the near future.

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Even though the hotel is currently under renovations the whole experience of staying there was nice. Service is really good and it is well located in front of the beach. Keep in mind that there is no parking so they have a Valet Service that is quite expensive.

What I really didn't like is that when I went to the beach the chairs and umbrella from the beach were not included as part of the hotel experience. You had to pay in order to use them. If you are staying at a beach hotel I think this needs to be included as part of the experience.

Another thing I didn't like is that we got a lot of papers under our door room for restaurants around. I think there should be a little bit more security on the hotel to avoid this kind of things. We got like the same papers with the same information every single day for the same restaurants around.

I still recommend going to this Hotel if you are staying in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Try getting a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Gaby 810,

Thank You very much for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We truly appreciate the feedback and really hope we see you back in the future. Our beach rates are competitive with other like hotels on the beach, although we do not charge a resort fee (which can be common in Miami Beach). Also, our parking rates are priced below other comparable hotels. I apologize for any papers that were left under your door, we will take this comment and use it to better train our housekeeping team. Thank You for choosing our property, we hope to see you again during your next visit to Miami Beach.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!