“best hotel ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #68 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“best hotel ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I have just retuned to the uk after spending 7 nights at the courtyard and cannot speak highly enough of this hotel I have never felt the need to write a review before but felt it would be an injustace not to , the staff are so friendly, especially roman and the breakfast guys they couldnt do enough for us , the room was immaculate and the views stunning although we did pay extra for a sea view room , there is construction work going on but it is nearing its completion and the noise was very minimal we hardly noticed , the tiki bar is great for a evening beer or 3 and carrabas is a great place to eat, we ate there most nights or just had a few beers at the bar , overall was the best holiday we have had and this hotel played a big part we will definitely be coming back next year thanks again guys

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Gary_Northants

Thank You for choosing our property. I will be sure to send your remarks to the food and beverage team (especially Roman). We will review your comments with the service team. I hope you return during your next getaway.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love this hotel! I didn't want to leave. Nice furniture, good service, and friendly workers. A nice getaway! The breakfast was nice and it was relaxing. Just what I needed after q long week at work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear shopaholic2644,

Thank for staying with us during a quick getaway. I see you are from south florida (where there are many options to stay), and we truly appreciate that you chose our location. We hope to see you on your next staycation.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

my second time going to Miami. we arrived to the hotel and they welcomed us with a nice smile, valet guys were very nice, they are really quick,we were aware about the pool being under renovation, so they gave us bracelets to get beach chairs and also access to the pool at the other Marriott hotel nearby. the first room they gave us was on a low floor so our view was depressing because of the construction going on, but we call front desk, told them about it and they immediately gave us a different room on a higher floor without giving us attitude and they told us "if your not happy with this new room we will be glad to change it again", but we were amazed by the a beautiful views to the ocean we got, it was perfect. Room service was good, called for more towels..we got them called for more soap...we got it and always with a smile which you don't get to see this often.breakfast buffet was really good,chef was excellent,waiters were so nice always smiling and making jokes it was always good start a day with a smile! everyday in the afternoon they had at the lobby complementary ice cream,pop corn or desserts it was super good. overall we enjoyed and loved the stay at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront. location is perfect. i will definitely go back cant wait to see it after renovation is done.

Room Tip: higher floors for a nicer view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Yinab13,

Thank You very much for choosing our property. I will be sure to share your comments with the service team at the property. We strive to provide a clean and friendly experience and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Best Wishes

London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We needed a place to stay for a couple of nights after a long flight from the UK and before a drive across to the Gulf coast. We picked this hotel as it was such a short drive from the airport. It really is in an excellent location, away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach but only a 10 dollar cab ride from there if that is what you are after. The room was lovely with a sitting area at the front as well as a comfortable bed. Our room was next to the elevator but this did not disturb us. The tiki bar was in a lovely spot just by the beach and had an excellent happy hour until 7pm. We ate at Carrabas both nights and both meals were excellent. The breakfast buffet was included complimentary for us via our travel agent and was very good, although I am not sure I would have paid 36 dollars for 2 each day if it had not been included. I had been a bit concerned at the price of the valet parking before we got there but it seemed not unreasonable when we were there compared to other places along the beach and it really made life so much easier when you arrived after a long journey. All the staff at the hotel were very friendly and very efficient, I could not fault them. It is a shame about the building work going on around the pool area. It did not affect us as our only full day was the Sunday when no work was carried out. But it did start early on the Monday morning and would not have been very relaxing if you were sitting around the pool. However once it is finished I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others and I would definitely go back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear LMROB,
Thank You very much for choosing our property, during your visit to Florida. I hope you enjoyed your time in the sunshine state and we hope you visit us again in the near future. We appreciate your comments as I will review them with the staff on property. Thank You

Houston TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed 4 days at this hotel from May 30 to June 02, 2013 (room 1208). Great location, up-to-date decor and wonderful staff. I've never seen any hotel with staff everywhere like this and they are always be ready to help guests... That 's make a different between hotels. Feeling so comfortable! Valet staff worked really hard and they are so so friendly. Wanna go to bar, ask them. Wanna go to the local restaurant, ask them.... They know everything. Just have not had enough big words to say about this hotel. Thank you for making us feel comfy like home...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear TravellerUSA71,

Thank You very much for the kind comments. We appreciate the feedback and the fact that you chose our property while visiting Miami Beach. We hope to see you back in the near future. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the bar and valet teams.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is located close to everything if your destination is South Beach, Staff are mediocre and the worst thing was that they were building a new tower next door and they never notified anyone about the renovation. It's a historic building but you can smell mold in all the hallways which is understandable for the location and the age of the property. Overall an average stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear lebdude,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit in February. We do appreciate the feedback and hope you provide us with another opportunity during your next visit to Miami Beach. Our construction notice has been posted on our website since March 2012, however I do not have any information about your booking and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further. I can be reached at 305-538-3373. I will also alert our housekeeping department to your feedback about the smell. Lastly, we truly appreciate the opportunity to host you and would welcome another chance.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been traveling to South Beach for years but this was my first stay at this hotel. You can tell that the building is historic. The staff is great; extremely welcoming and warm. Someone has done a great job at this hotel in selecting the staff and imparting upon them the importance of how guests are to be treated/valued. Two names that I can remember are Nina at the Front Desk and Marlin on the bellman staff. Great location away from the downtown more noisy part of South Beach and located on a major street for public transportation including the bus stop for the express Airport Flyer bus to MIA Airport. During my stay, the staff greeted guests with cold water at the front door and on another day, they offered us ice cream at the front door. Given Florida's hot weather this time of year, it was a welcome treat and a nice touch. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well. My only suggestion for the hotel management would be to install better ironing board covers i.e., with more padding for those of us who iron our clothes while staying at hotels. Maybe I missed it but it would be nice to post the history of the hotel somewhere. I arrived on a Wed. morning and left early Friday morning for my trip to the Dominican Republic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear AJP57,

Thank You very much for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We actually have the very unique history of the hotel posted in the lobby (I would welcome the opportunity to speak in more detail about it). I will be sure to pass along your comments to Nina and Marlin. I hope to see you soon in Miami Beach and we hope you stay with us.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!