“Small rooms, nice tiki bar area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #64 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Illinois City, Illinois
“Small rooms, nice tiki bar area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The location of this hotel is actually great, right off the street to Miami Beach and close to all attractions. The rooms are very small and lack maintenance, air conditioning was old and not functional too. Breakfast buffet is definitely not worth the money, pool area is nice but easily completely overcrowded. The Tiki Bar was nice, great atmosphere and happy hour drinks, food is soso. They have sports games on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Chris D,

Thank You for staying with us during your stay in Miami Beach. I will be sure to follow-up on your comments with Carrabba's as we appreciate the feedback. I truly apologize about the air conditioner in the guest room. We are also constructing a new pool which will allow us to handle more pool guests. I hope you give us another try on your return visit to the Beach.

Best Regards,

991 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

First I have to say I cannot believe the negative reviews I am reading about this hotel. I travel alot and I found this to be very nice and better than I expected. I stayed at this hotel in early March for 2 nights. They were very kind and accomodating from the moment I walked in the lobby. It was under construction with a remodel of the pool area, I was told up front. It was not a big deal to me because the beach is beautiful. The lobby is beautiful and has an art deco feel just as you would expect in Miami. The coffee shop in the lobby was great for coffee and a breakfast sandwich and the staff was great. The room was very clean and spacious and the bed was amazing! I want to make mention of the desk employee named "Efrain", he was so helpful and kind. I walked to South Beach on the boardwalk and it was a very nice and safe walk, lots of people jogging and walking. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear JodiS1183,

Thank You for choosing our property during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I will ensure we recognize Efrain for his great impression. I truly appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you back in th near future.

Grosse Pte., Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our room was not ready until 5:00p.m. They sent us to the Tiki Bar which was near the pool that was under construction. The view from our room was partially blocked by new construction.The room itself was nothing like the photos. It was small, dark and unattractive. The lobby of the hotel was also nothing like the photos---it was plain and unattractive. This was the worst Courtyard we have ever stayed at. The only good part was that Carabba's was in the building and the breakfast was good. I would be more upset if we didn't pay for it with Marriott gift cards!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LindaM2,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I apologize for not providing access to the guest room at 4pm, I will ensure we follow-up with the front desk. Our property beautification alert has been posted for over 1 year and all website pictures are relevant and reflect the true art deco look of this historic property. I apologize for any disruption this may have caused you. I hope we receive a second chance in the future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Because of construction the place is a disaster and shouldn't even be open! Lets call a spade a spade. The pools closed, to get to the beach you have to walk south of the hotel, down the dirty road and back again, same for the dilapidated Tiki bar. And lets face it the tiki bar is beyond worn out! The hotel is relatively cheap but a complete disappointment, again stay away until the constructions complete, some time in late fall I was told.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Rcrumb,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I am sorry if the beautification hampered your visit, however this information is posted on our website and has been for the past year. We pride ourselves with the best section of beach in Miami and our warm service. I hope you return for a second chance this year.

Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I chose the stay at this hotel 1 night after my cruise I was traveling with 2 kids and 5 adults I was nervous about booking the room because i saw such mixed reviews I really liked this hotel our rooms were spacious and clean I had a room by the elevator which i do not recommend because it was noisy I knew the pool was closed but when we got there they said we could use the pool at a sister hotel which is the eden roc they provide a shuttle to the hotel but its not a far walk the pools at the eden roc were amazing ! There is a cafe across from the hotel to get good breakfast and yummy cuban coffee I liked the location of this hotel nice beachfront and away from the craziness of south beach but close enough to still be able to check it out I would def stay here again !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Susan B,

Thank You for staying at our property during your visit to Miami Beach. We are all very excited to see the finished product once our historic hotel completes the addition of a beautiful new oceanfront tower. I appreciate your feedback as the cuban coffee's in the area are great. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Lerum, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at the Oceanfront late March this year,read prior to our stay that there could be some construction work ongoing near the hotel that may cause some inconvinience. Hmmm.... the whole pool area was under construction, so there was no pool at all, so we were directed to swim at a another hotel if we wished to use a pool.Otherwise the hotel was good.Clean rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast was really good, lots too choose from.

Room Tip: As high as possible to avoid the sounds from the street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rambam48,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful historic Miami Beach location. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have received as a result of the on-going beatification efforts on property. The notification is posted on our website and simply reads 'pool closed' with additional information. We are offering guests another offsite pool and provide transport service to and from. I hope to see you back as renovation work will conclude this summer.

Ripon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We chose the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront for a one night stay prior to our Bahamas cruise. We had three rooms booked. We were aware prior to our stay that the hotel pool and deck were under construction so that was not an issue for us. The lobby was small but very nice and coffee was throughout the day as well as a Starbucks wich was open in the morning. The hotel rooms were clean and sufficient for all of us. We had no complaints. I asked for an upgrade as I am a rewards member but none were available.My room, although a "city view" was actually very nice and after settling in I was completely happy.We had drinks at the Tiki Bar and spent a small amount of time at the beach as we arrived in the late afternoon. The Tiki Bar is located near the pool and Im sure upon completion of the renovations will be a beautiful area. It was not as the pictures we had scene online but we had anticipated that due to other reviews. We did a little walking but there was not many places to eat nearby. The little store across the street had wraps and sandwiches as well as an outside dining area and we enjoyed a light dinner. The beach walk runs along the beach and it was nice to walk along and see the other hotels. Staff was very helpful when we asked questions and the bell service was great. We did not have a car but they were helpful with questions and even offered cold water as you entered and exited the lobby. Overall we had a wonderful stay. Location was good for us as we were only there a short time and being "Beachfront" was something we wanted to experience while in Miami. I would stay again if I returned to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Oceanfront would be nice but it looks as if the new tower is going to block view from older balconie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear lesalynm,

Thank You for choosing our property during your most recent to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back as our property expansion is drawing to a close. I appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Reward program and sincerely apologize for the lack of upgradem however with the high volume it is challenging to manage the hotel inventory. lastly, I do appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back in the near future.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!