“Wait Till Constructions Over!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #64 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Wait Till Constructions Over!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Because of construction the place is a disaster and shouldn't even be open! Lets call a spade a spade. The pools closed, to get to the beach you have to walk south of the hotel, down the dirty road and back again, same for the dilapidated Tiki bar. And lets face it the tiki bar is beyond worn out! The hotel is relatively cheap but a complete disappointment, again stay away until the constructions complete, some time in late fall I was told.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Rcrumb,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I am sorry if the beautification hampered your visit, however this information is posted on our website and has been for the past year. We pride ourselves with the best section of beach in Miami and our warm service. I hope you return for a second chance this year.

991 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I chose the stay at this hotel 1 night after my cruise I was traveling with 2 kids and 5 adults I was nervous about booking the room because i saw such mixed reviews I really liked this hotel our rooms were spacious and clean I had a room by the elevator which i do not recommend because it was noisy I knew the pool was closed but when we got there they said we could use the pool at a sister hotel which is the eden roc they provide a shuttle to the hotel but its not a far walk the pools at the eden roc were amazing ! There is a cafe across from the hotel to get good breakfast and yummy cuban coffee I liked the location of this hotel nice beachfront and away from the craziness of south beach but close enough to still be able to check it out I would def stay here again !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Susan B,

Thank You for staying at our property during your visit to Miami Beach. We are all very excited to see the finished product once our historic hotel completes the addition of a beautiful new oceanfront tower. I appreciate your feedback as the cuban coffee's in the area are great. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Lerum, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at the Oceanfront late March this year,read prior to our stay that there could be some construction work ongoing near the hotel that may cause some inconvinience. Hmmm.... the whole pool area was under construction, so there was no pool at all, so we were directed to swim at a another hotel if we wished to use a pool.Otherwise the hotel was good.Clean rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast was really good, lots too choose from.

Room Tip: As high as possible to avoid the sounds from the street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rambam48,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful historic Miami Beach location. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have received as a result of the on-going beatification efforts on property. The notification is posted on our website and simply reads 'pool closed' with additional information. We are offering guests another offsite pool and provide transport service to and from. I hope to see you back as renovation work will conclude this summer.

Ripon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We chose the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront for a one night stay prior to our Bahamas cruise. We had three rooms booked. We were aware prior to our stay that the hotel pool and deck were under construction so that was not an issue for us. The lobby was small but very nice and coffee was throughout the day as well as a Starbucks wich was open in the morning. The hotel rooms were clean and sufficient for all of us. We had no complaints. I asked for an upgrade as I am a rewards member but none were available.My room, although a "city view" was actually very nice and after settling in I was completely happy.We had drinks at the Tiki Bar and spent a small amount of time at the beach as we arrived in the late afternoon. The Tiki Bar is located near the pool and Im sure upon completion of the renovations will be a beautiful area. It was not as the pictures we had scene online but we had anticipated that due to other reviews. We did a little walking but there was not many places to eat nearby. The little store across the street had wraps and sandwiches as well as an outside dining area and we enjoyed a light dinner. The beach walk runs along the beach and it was nice to walk along and see the other hotels. Staff was very helpful when we asked questions and the bell service was great. We did not have a car but they were helpful with questions and even offered cold water as you entered and exited the lobby. Overall we had a wonderful stay. Location was good for us as we were only there a short time and being "Beachfront" was something we wanted to experience while in Miami. I would stay again if I returned to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Oceanfront would be nice but it looks as if the new tower is going to block view from older balconie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear lesalynm,

Thank You for choosing our property during your most recent to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back as our property expansion is drawing to a close. I appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Reward program and sincerely apologize for the lack of upgradem however with the high volume it is challenging to manage the hotel inventory. lastly, I do appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, daugthter, and I stayed here after an amazing week-long cruise. When we prior to check-in time, but were put right up in a room. When arriving to the room, we noticed that it was not the room that we had paid for. The front desk moved us without a problem. This next room was on the third floor and though larger, had frosted over windows. You literally could not look outside. After that I was a little annoyed. We went outside and came upon an assistant general manager, who was VERY nice (Ivan). He assured us that he could get us into a better room. The room was not ready at that time, so he said he would have our bags moved to the new room, while we go explore the pool at the Eden Roc (the pool at the courtyard was under construction). A shuttle was available, however we decided to walk the short distance. After getting a call that our room was ready, I road the shuttle back to the hotel (which I waited almost an hour for) and got the new room keys. The girl at the front desk gave me two new keys and sent me to 901. The keys did not work. I went back down to the front desk and the girl there said the keys were fine, but then discovered that she sent me to the wrong room. I was supposed to go to room 906. This was a bit more annoying. The new room was nice, with a balcony and a view of the ocean. I waited and waited then for our luggage to be delivered. I got a call from the front desk saying they could not locate it. After almost 40 minutes, they figured out that our luggage was located in the manager's office (this was after another trip down to the front desk). My frustration level was at an all time high. The whole process was a fiasco. I did love the Eden Roc while there, so I will probably book with them again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Pumpkinbuns,

Thank You for choosing our historic property after your cruise. I am dissapointed we failed to deliver your luggage on time and execute a a proper flow of service from the front desk. I sincerely apologize this confusion and will focus on retraining on the staff on proper luggage delivery and key delivery. I am glad we were able to get you into a room at 830am during this busy season and I will be sure to pass along your comments to Ivan. I hope you give us a second chance when you return to Miami Beach.

Thank you again for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach

Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed March 3rd for just one night before our cruise out of the Port of Miami. As soon as we arrived, everyone was so helpful. At check-in, they immediately explained the construction (we were already aware) and offered an alternate location if we wanted use of a pool (we didn't care, wouldn't have time anyway). My husband & I were upgraded to a room with a balcony and a view of the beach, so that was a nice surprise since we weren't expecting it.

It's not modern, but an older 'art deco' style hotel, and we liked that about it. Our room was nice and comfortable, not huge, but about what we expected. Parking was high, but I'm sure in-line with any other hotel in this area. This hotel is not right on South Beach, in case you're looking to be in the middle of the action, but we were perfectly happy with the location.

Unfortunately, our first time visiting Miami was during a cold spell, so we didn't get a chance to hang out at the tiki bar, which we were looking forward to. We did have a great time hanging out at the bar in Carrabbas and also had dinner there, which was very good! That evening, depsite the cool temps, we took a walk on the boardwalk and beach (we were the only dorks out there, haha). Had it been warmer, we probably would've walked all the way down to South Beach, just to see it. We would definitely like to come back and stay a little longer once construction is finished, so we can enjoy everything this hotel has to offer and explore the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPPMP,

Thank You so much for choosing our wonderful property in Miami Beach. I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back during your next visit to South Florida (our work is expected to be completed in August of 2013). I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here in December 2012 for a few days on business; while the hotel was clean and pleasant, the construction that started early in the morning was a bit of a surprise. I'd double check on the status of the construction and renovations before booking this place if you are planing on sleeping in. In fairness, at check in they offered me some additional Marriott reward points to compensate for the construction and they did upgrade me to an ocean front room (with a clear view of the construction).

The rooms were clean and pleasant, typically what you would expect of a Marriott Courtyard. The lobby and front entrance are still classic art deco (this was originally the Cadillac Hotel). There is a decent size pool with a hot tub, and the Hotel is right on the beach with access to the board walk. It is a bit north of the SoBe scene and there are not a lot of bars or restaurants within walking distance. But if you are looking for a good value right on the beach (where you can earn or use Marriott reward points) you could do worse than this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Malcolm NYC,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the feedback and hope yo return soon especially after the conclusion of our beautiful property expansion. The construction work you mentioned in your review has been posted on our website for over 1 year and is drawing to a close this summer. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see back with us again in Miami Beach.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!