“"Nice stay" pre cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ripon, California
“"Nice stay" pre cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We chose the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront for a one night stay prior to our Bahamas cruise. We had three rooms booked. We were aware prior to our stay that the hotel pool and deck were under construction so that was not an issue for us. The lobby was small but very nice and coffee was throughout the day as well as a Starbucks wich was open in the morning. The hotel rooms were clean and sufficient for all of us. We had no complaints. I asked for an upgrade as I am a rewards member but none were available.My room, although a "city view" was actually very nice and after settling in I was completely happy.We had drinks at the Tiki Bar and spent a small amount of time at the beach as we arrived in the late afternoon. The Tiki Bar is located near the pool and Im sure upon completion of the renovations will be a beautiful area. It was not as the pictures we had scene online but we had anticipated that due to other reviews. We did a little walking but there was not many places to eat nearby. The little store across the street had wraps and sandwiches as well as an outside dining area and we enjoyed a light dinner. The beach walk runs along the beach and it was nice to walk along and see the other hotels. Staff was very helpful when we asked questions and the bell service was great. We did not have a car but they were helpful with questions and even offered cold water as you entered and exited the lobby. Overall we had a wonderful stay. Location was good for us as we were only there a short time and being "Beachfront" was something we wanted to experience while in Miami. I would stay again if I returned to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Oceanfront would be nice but it looks as if the new tower is going to block view from older balconie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear lesalynm,

Thank You for choosing our property during your most recent to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back as our property expansion is drawing to a close. I appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Reward program and sincerely apologize for the lack of upgradem however with the high volume it is challenging to manage the hotel inventory. lastly, I do appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back in the near future.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, daugthter, and I stayed here after an amazing week-long cruise. When we prior to check-in time, but were put right up in a room. When arriving to the room, we noticed that it was not the room that we had paid for. The front desk moved us without a problem. This next room was on the third floor and though larger, had frosted over windows. You literally could not look outside. After that I was a little annoyed. We went outside and came upon an assistant general manager, who was VERY nice (Ivan). He assured us that he could get us into a better room. The room was not ready at that time, so he said he would have our bags moved to the new room, while we go explore the pool at the Eden Roc (the pool at the courtyard was under construction). A shuttle was available, however we decided to walk the short distance. After getting a call that our room was ready, I road the shuttle back to the hotel (which I waited almost an hour for) and got the new room keys. The girl at the front desk gave me two new keys and sent me to 901. The keys did not work. I went back down to the front desk and the girl there said the keys were fine, but then discovered that she sent me to the wrong room. I was supposed to go to room 906. This was a bit more annoying. The new room was nice, with a balcony and a view of the ocean. I waited and waited then for our luggage to be delivered. I got a call from the front desk saying they could not locate it. After almost 40 minutes, they figured out that our luggage was located in the manager's office (this was after another trip down to the front desk). My frustration level was at an all time high. The whole process was a fiasco. I did love the Eden Roc while there, so I will probably book with them again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Pumpkinbuns,

Thank You for choosing our historic property after your cruise. I am dissapointed we failed to deliver your luggage on time and execute a a proper flow of service from the front desk. I sincerely apologize this confusion and will focus on retraining on the staff on proper luggage delivery and key delivery. I am glad we were able to get you into a room at 830am during this busy season and I will be sure to pass along your comments to Ivan. I hope you give us a second chance when you return to Miami Beach.

Thank you again for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach

Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed March 3rd for just one night before our cruise out of the Port of Miami. As soon as we arrived, everyone was so helpful. At check-in, they immediately explained the construction (we were already aware) and offered an alternate location if we wanted use of a pool (we didn't care, wouldn't have time anyway). My husband & I were upgraded to a room with a balcony and a view of the beach, so that was a nice surprise since we weren't expecting it.

It's not modern, but an older 'art deco' style hotel, and we liked that about it. Our room was nice and comfortable, not huge, but about what we expected. Parking was high, but I'm sure in-line with any other hotel in this area. This hotel is not right on South Beach, in case you're looking to be in the middle of the action, but we were perfectly happy with the location.

Unfortunately, our first time visiting Miami was during a cold spell, so we didn't get a chance to hang out at the tiki bar, which we were looking forward to. We did have a great time hanging out at the bar in Carrabbas and also had dinner there, which was very good! That evening, depsite the cool temps, we took a walk on the boardwalk and beach (we were the only dorks out there, haha). Had it been warmer, we probably would've walked all the way down to South Beach, just to see it. We would definitely like to come back and stay a little longer once construction is finished, so we can enjoy everything this hotel has to offer and explore the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPPMP,

Thank You so much for choosing our wonderful property in Miami Beach. I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back during your next visit to South Florida (our work is expected to be completed in August of 2013). I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here in December 2012 for a few days on business; while the hotel was clean and pleasant, the construction that started early in the morning was a bit of a surprise. I'd double check on the status of the construction and renovations before booking this place if you are planing on sleeping in. In fairness, at check in they offered me some additional Marriott reward points to compensate for the construction and they did upgrade me to an ocean front room (with a clear view of the construction).

The rooms were clean and pleasant, typically what you would expect of a Marriott Courtyard. The lobby and front entrance are still classic art deco (this was originally the Cadillac Hotel). There is a decent size pool with a hot tub, and the Hotel is right on the beach with access to the board walk. It is a bit north of the SoBe scene and there are not a lot of bars or restaurants within walking distance. But if you are looking for a good value right on the beach (where you can earn or use Marriott reward points) you could do worse than this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Malcolm NYC,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the feedback and hope yo return soon especially after the conclusion of our beautiful property expansion. The construction work you mentioned in your review has been posted on our website for over 1 year and is drawing to a close this summer. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see back with us again in Miami Beach.

Eatontown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping department was extremely friendly. The location was north of South Beach. The rooms were comfortable. They neglected to inform us of the construction that was going on at the building directly in front of the existing hotel in front of the ocean. They are building an expansion of the existing hotel with a whole new building. The pool area was closed off and there was noisy construction the entire visit. The outside tiki bar restaurant was very very good. Happy hour prices at the tiki were attractive. There's a wonderful boardwalk to walk or jog that is directly along the ocean. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're not interested in a pool for the moment. A bit noisy.

Room Tip: Choose a south exposure and a higher floor room and you're able to see the ocean from the small...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Jerzee 13,

Thank You for visiting with us during Spring Break. I am excited to see you had a great time. We are now closing in on full completion of our new tower addition, which has been posted on our website since early 2012. I will be sure to inform the Tiki Bar staff and Housekeeping team of your feedback. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here, the staff was accommodating and the room was clean. That was our experience. The ratings above are from our

Another family in our group had the opposite with a toilet that would not flush, and a peeping Tom from the construction site next door looking directly in to their room.

Then while she was explaining all this to the front desk, they said that they had not paid for their breakfast when in fact, I saw her pay with cash.

In closing we had a great experience while the other family had an awful one - they are still trying to prove that they paid as I write this review.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear JeannieJay,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the comments and will use this to ensure we continue to improve our service. I apologize for any inconvenience with your friends; I can be reached at 305-538-3373 if they would be willing to provide more detail into their challenges at the property. Thank You again for staying at our beautiful historic hotel on Miami Beach, we hope to see you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Cadillac Hotel, or Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, has a great location half way between north beach and south beach. You get the best of both worlds, staying at the less hectic end of the beach but within walking distance of all the action.
Outside, the mosaic looking driveway tells you this is not your average Courtyard hotel! Valet only parking is pricey but worth it in Miami Beach. The valet/doormen are welcoming with a complimentary bottled water and a helpful hand.
We called the hotel several time before our stay and Robie patiently addressed all of our concerns. With the pool under construction they offered shuttle service to Eden Roc to use their pools. Do it! You will love it. We walked there along the beach and it wasnt too far. (see my review of our eden roc stay )
In the afternoon, in the lobby they had a bartender making complimentary root beer floats, to highlight the history of the Marriot family. Nice touch!
Rooms on the higher floors facing south have a great view of beach and city, and they are quiet since the construction is on the oceanside of the hotel.
We were very happy staying here.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the south side of the building are quieter and have nice sun exposure.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear 18kimmr,

Thank You for staying at our property and enjoying the sights and scenery of Miami Beach. We truly appreciate your feedback and I will definetely send a thank you to Rhoby. I hope to see you back in Miami Beach very soon.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!