“Miami Beach - on beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Miami Beach - on beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping department was extremely friendly. The location was north of South Beach. The rooms were comfortable. They neglected to inform us of the construction that was going on at the building directly in front of the existing hotel in front of the ocean. They are building an expansion of the existing hotel with a whole new building. The pool area was closed off and there was noisy construction the entire visit. The outside tiki bar restaurant was very very good. Happy hour prices at the tiki were attractive. There's a wonderful boardwalk to walk or jog that is directly along the ocean. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're not interested in a pool for the moment. A bit noisy.

Room Tip: Choose a south exposure and a higher floor room and you're able to see the ocean from the small...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Jerzee 13,

Thank You for visiting with us during Spring Break. I am excited to see you had a great time. We are now closing in on full completion of our new tower addition, which has been posted on our website since early 2012. I will be sure to inform the Tiki Bar staff and Housekeeping team of your feedback. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, the staff was accommodating and the room was clean. That was our experience. The ratings above are from our

Another family in our group had the opposite with a toilet that would not flush, and a peeping Tom from the construction site next door looking directly in to their room.

Then while she was explaining all this to the front desk, they said that they had not paid for their breakfast when in fact, I saw her pay with cash.

In closing we had a great experience while the other family had an awful one - they are still trying to prove that they paid as I write this review.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear JeannieJay,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the comments and will use this to ensure we continue to improve our service. I apologize for any inconvenience with your friends; I can be reached at 305-538-3373 if they would be willing to provide more detail into their challenges at the property. Thank You again for staying at our beautiful historic hotel on Miami Beach, we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Cadillac Hotel, or Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, has a great location half way between north beach and south beach. You get the best of both worlds, staying at the less hectic end of the beach but within walking distance of all the action.
Outside, the mosaic looking driveway tells you this is not your average Courtyard hotel! Valet only parking is pricey but worth it in Miami Beach. The valet/doormen are welcoming with a complimentary bottled water and a helpful hand.
We called the hotel several time before our stay and Robie patiently addressed all of our concerns. With the pool under construction they offered shuttle service to Eden Roc to use their pools. Do it! You will love it. We walked there along the beach and it wasnt too far. (see my review of our eden roc stay )
In the afternoon, in the lobby they had a bartender making complimentary root beer floats, to highlight the history of the Marriot family. Nice touch!
Rooms on the higher floors facing south have a great view of beach and city, and they are quiet since the construction is on the oceanside of the hotel.
We were very happy staying here.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the south side of the building are quieter and have nice sun exposure.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear 18kimmr,

Thank You for staying at our property and enjoying the sights and scenery of Miami Beach. We truly appreciate your feedback and I will definetely send a thank you to Rhoby. I hope to see you back in Miami Beach very soon.

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed one night pre-cruise which we purchased through NCL. We arrived on a Friday lunch time and our room was ready, clean but quite small particularly the vanity area and we waited a long time for our luggage to arrive. We called down after about 20mins and then our cases were delivered. While there was construction ongoing at this hotel, not unlike many others along the oceanfront, and the pool was closed we were provided with black "Cadillac" wristbands to use the pool facilities at Eden Roc, just a short walk from the Marriot and free loungers with umbrella if we chose to lounge by the ocean, which we did. We ordered food from the outdoor grill which was delivered to our loungers and was not bad. My daughter enjoyed the calamari. For one night the location was great, the staff were friendly and welcoming, the cold bottled water was a nice treat after a day out and the lobby was welcoming with free tea and coffee and afternoon cookies. An added perk was the Starbucks kiosk in the lobby which provided my daughter with her favourite yoghurt and granola snack. Check out was a breeze, doormen were efficient to obtain us a taxi to head down to the Wolfsonian and then onto Lincoln Road for dinner. Once the renovations are complete and the pool reopens we will return to give this oceanfront hotel another try.

Room Tip: ask for a city view to avoid the noise of construction.....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Haggis 678,

Thank You for the feedback from your most recent stay. I am excited you chose our property and I hope to see you in the future. I do apologize about the long wait for bell service, i will ensure this message is relayed to our service team. Thank You for choosing our property.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel celebrating my daughters Sweet 16 birthday. The room they gave us was huge, the bathroom had a little mold or dirt in the grout of the tile, but it was livable. The hotel is nice but appears to need updating. The pool was closed due to construction, but the staff offered to take you to their sister hotel from the hours of 9am-3pm; which I did not think that was the most convenient time. This appears to be a business hotel,as there were several groups checking in while I was there.
The staff at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. Valet parking was awesome and always greeted you with a smile no matter how many times during the day they had to park the car. The $32 + valet fees were pricey, but worth it.
Overall, the girls enjoyed their stay. I don’t think this would be my first choice of a hotel to stay if I return to South Beach to visit. Maybe when the renovation is completed I would consider staying again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kianna134,

Thank You for staying with us and we do appreciate the feedback. A sweet 16 is a very special occassion and I am excited you chose our property. I will ensure your feedback is relayed to our housekeeping staff, in addition I do apologize about the bathroom, we will work to ensure this does not happen. Our valet charges are very much reasonable for Miami Beach. I hope you you return to see us in the future as our property beautification project is drawing to a close. Thank You for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

San Marcos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you wanna be on the beach then this is a decent hotel. If I don't have a good reason to be in that location again I will choose to stay at another area hotel next time.

For starters parking is valet only, and they charge for it, although I only got charged $32 total for 3 nights. It's not the most convenient location for walking to shops and restaurants. The hotel has an Italian restaurant in the building. There was a lot of construction going on during my recent visit so no pool available.

They apparently allow smoking in the hotel. My non-smoking room had been smoked in and the perfume they use to cover it was nauseating, I had to sleep with my door open to mitigate the smell. There was a loud humming noise from somewhere outside that kept me awake at night. Not a very restful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room you can get.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear 200expilot,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful property. The hotel is home to leisure and business travelers alike set on a large stretch of beachfront property in Miami Beach. Our valet prices are very much competitive with other like properties in Miami Beach. There also is plenty of street parking available, which is an option for our guests. Our hotel is also smoke free, which is noted in each guest room. I do apologize if there was a smoke smell near your room. I hope you give us another chance especially once our historic property is completed with the addition of our new oceanfront tower. Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We arrived this afternoon to a bunch of frat boys throwing beers off the balcony to people on the street. The front desk staff was extremely helpful but unfortunately the cleanliness & appearance of the room over shadowed their customer service skills. If I wasn't so tired we would have driven down the street to the other Marriott. The room smelt like someone used an entire bottle of febreze. The accent cover on the bed was blatantly stained with flood, I took it off the bed & left it in the hallway. The bathroom had more hair than my brush, which on all white tile is hard to miss. The mattress was comfortable but the pillows feel like someone rolled up a sheet under my head. Considering we requested a handicap room, I'm glad none of us are wheelchair bound. You wouldn't be able to get past the bathroom. The room also had lovely wine stains on the carpet that no one bothered to clean or replace the carpet. You don't mind wrinkles or little imperfections at times but even the framed photographs are dirty & haven't been cleaned. I wouldn't need half the stuff squeezed in this room if it would ensure it was cleaned.

The complimentary beach service & shuttle to the other hotel's pool is a nice touch to compensate for the construction. The valet who nearly backed into me & my small child this evening (we jumped out of the way) and didn't bother to stop nor apoligize, put the nail in the coffin for this hotel. You expect more from this hotel, especially when my husband travels for a living & prefers to stay with Marriott. Overall I'm extremely disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Jersey Girl 313

Thank You for providing us with feedback during your most recent stay. I do apologize for the cleanliness of the room and the valet service. I will be sure to address this with our Housekeeping staff and parking manager. We do take great pride in the maintenance and upkeep of the property as well as the safety of our guests. I hope you give us another chance on your return visit to Miami Beach.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!