“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #68 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here during a conference and was very happy with the faccility. Beds were nice, staff was great and the location was easy to get around the area from. I had a room that overlooked the pool area and did not have any issues with excessive noise or late nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear GoDawg44,

Thank You for your feedback. I appreciate you choosing our property during your visit to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back in the future. I will be sure to review this message with the service staff.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here pre-cruise for one night. We always stay at Marriott properties but wanted something less-busy than Sobe. The check-in was excellent. Nice greeting, nice valet, nice front desk staff. The room was just fair. I would hardly call it remodeled, but the view of the water was nice. The problems came when we needed our car to go to dinner. The valet was awful. He had an attitude. The car was evidently parked off premises. It took over 20 minutes. Then the car came JERKING down the road to the side. THE VALET COULDN'T DRIVE A STICK SHIFT!!!!!! We went to the car rather than have him bring it around the block to prevent more damage.

That night, there was a heavy smell of cigarette smoke in our room. THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY and I'm highly sensitive. Called the front desk. Got a verbal shrug. Nothing was to be done, they said. We called in the morning to complain and still nothing was done. We checked out and complained again. Just a shrug (in person this time).

Then came the wait for the car. I arrived 45 minutes later. We'd have gladly walked to it if they'd tell us where it was but they wouldn't do so.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Travel Junkie 1209,

Thank You for staying with us prior to your cruise. I truly apologize for any wait you experienced while waiting for your vehicle. We provide each valet customer a ticket at check-in which states a suggested 25 minute call ahead time for your vehicle - 45 minutes is a long wait and I sincerely apologize. We take the smell of smoke very seriously and issue a smoking fee for anyone caught in the act. It is very challenging to do so, if the guest is on the balcony - we should have offered a room move which I apologize that the desk agent did not offer. As a fellow traveler I apologize for any challenges you may have had. We hope you give us a second chance upon your next visit to Miami.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The last couple of times I stayed in Miami Beach.. we stayed much closer to all of the action on Ocean Blvd and closer to South Beach. But this hotel was perfect! It was just far enough to be away from all the commotion, but a 20 minute walk, 10 minute bike ride or $8-10 cab ride to be part of all the action again. The beach was BEAUTIFUL. No seaweed, not crowded at all. Of course you do have to pay for the umbrellas and lounge chairs but that's expected on South Beach. The pool didn't offer much but I'm not much of a pool person anyways. The Tiki Bar was fun - although maybe a little overpriced but they did have happy hour specials. The room was small and clean - nothing special but satisfactory nonetheless. The restaurant on site, Carabba's, is great too for a cheaper meal on a night that you just want to take it easy. Also, this hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Fontainebleau. Me and one of my girlfriends visited the Spa there (a MUST DO.. absolutely amazing) and were given free pool passes for the next day. I highly recommend this hotel. Great value!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda V

Thank You for staying at our great property. We are excited you were able to visit during the cold New England winters. I very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to meeting you upon your return visit.

Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Read a lot of negative reviews here about this hotel but I do feel most are unwarranted. We knew that there was construction going on at the hotel when we booked (Marriott's website does a very good job of advertising this). While it is a bit noisy during daytime hours, it did not bother us at all. There is construction all over Miami / South Beach areas. As a Platinum member, we were upgraded to a corner room (did not have ocean views but it was on the opposite side of construction). Check in process was a breeze - front desk staff was VERY helpful during our entire stay. The valet guys were incredible to deal with - offered free bottled water every time we left and returned to the hotel and always opened the doors for us. The beach staff (Greg and Lee) were awesome and made us feel very welcome everyday. Since construction is going on, they are waiving the $5 chair / umbrella fee at the beach. Chairs are very comfortable and the umbrellas did a great job at providing shade for those of us who wanted it. There is also a server from the Tiki Bar that delivers drinks and food (if you want) all day at the beach. To be honest, I would expect this service from a JW Marriott or Ritz property - but I was floored that a Courtyard did such a good job - and made it look effortless.

Rooms are well appointed, bed was comfortable, and it allowed us to relax when we were in our room - which wasn't much. Did not eat at the Carraba's attached to the hotel. We did walk across the street a few times for breakfast (there is a nice cafe / small grocery store) and that provided good options for breakfast as well as lunch. There aren't too many dining choices close to the hotel. It is a walk to get to South Beach area (about 30 minutes to get to the heart of South Beach). However, you can take the boardwalk and it is a really nice walk right along the beach. We walked down daily and it was not bad at all. Cabs aren't too expensive there - you can catch a cab from the Courtyard down to South Beach for about $10. So you do have options if you do not care to walk.

I would recommend this property for couples, families, and groups. While it is not in the heart of South Beach, it is a nice property. Once the construction is completed, there are going to be some really nice rooms with phenomenal views. I applaud the property for doing the improvements necessary to be competitive. There is no good time to do construction. And there are TONS of other hotels doing the same thing right now. Miami Beach prefers to restore old buildings instead of building new ones - this is a fact of life there. It is the only way that they can maintain the art deco feel of the area. Don't let the bad reviews of construction steer you away from the hotel. We were with a group of 8 people and not one of us complained once about the noise or inconvenience of no pool right now. We didn't go to Miami to swim in a pool (although they do provide access to a pool at another property for free). The hotel is oceanfront and the ocean is spectacular. Hit the beach and let the staff take good care of you. Book with confidence!

Room Tip: If you sleep late, ask for a room away from the construction (south side). We could not hear a thin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear BagbosRichmond...

Thank You for staying at our great hotel. We strive to ensure each guest enjoys their experience at this property. I along with the team have worked to ensure all efforts are made to minimize the construction experience, and you provided great feedback to that point. Our property is historic and is a protected building (just like most of the hotels along Miami Beach). The mid century modern look and feel is crucial to the experience in Miami.
I will share your comments with the team and we truly appreciate your candid feeback. I hope to see you back in the future.

Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Set in the style of art decor. The check in area seems old on first impressions, but you soon appreciate that it is in the old character of art decor. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was nice, comfortable and quiet, despite the room overlooking Collins avenue. Coffee making facilities were available, and a safe was also in the room.

The hotel has 3 eating facilities. One big restaurant where breakfast and dinner (after 4pm) is served. The dinner food is good with a large choice of Italian style food. Breakfast is ok, but not spectacularly great quality. The restaurant has a curious smell at all times, which I don't particularly like. The is a running water pool in the restaurant so it may come from that. Outside there is a poolside cafe bar which sells snacks and bar meals at lunchtime. In the check in lobby is a coffee bar for light snacks and refreshments.

There is an exit at the back of the hotel allowing access to the popular boardwalk and the beach.

In summary, this hotel is a good choice for both holiday makers and business travelers. Easy to get to the airport with quick access to the highway 95/195. The airport journey is around 30 minutes.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Simon P,

Thank You for choosing our historic property while visiting Miami Beach. I agree with comment on character, as our historic lobby is beautifully preserved in its mid century modern style. The Location is great and easily accessible to all main thoroughfares. I will be sure to check on the smell from the restaurant and ensure that is remedied. I appreciate the candid feedback and hope you give us another opportunity during your return visit to Miami Beach.

Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this hotel by the travel agency that booked our cruise out of Miami. We are very glad that we stayed here. It was a very nice hotel, just a short walk to the beach from the lobby. When we arrived there were 3 or 4 very attentive valets waiting to help with our luggage and help me out of the cab. It was around 5 PM when we checked in and since we had been traveling all day, the fresh popcorn stand that was set up in the lobby was a nice welcome. Several other people writing reviews for this hotel said that the cab ride was expensive. We flew Southwest to Ft Lauderdale airport and paid $23 a piece to get to the hotel via Go Shuttle. The cab ride from the hotel to Ocean Dr was $8.50 each way for the two of us. We ate at an art deco hotel on Ocean Dr that was converted to a restaurant, The Carlyle. It was entertaining and tasty. I'll write a full review of it too. I'm unsure if I'm able to list price here, but I'll try. Since we were with a group we paid $209 for a Sunday night stay at this hotel and due to the excellent service, location and mattress (we slept like well fed babies), it was worth it! I called and without the group discount it would have been $500 a night. Too rich for us!

Room Tip: There is construction going on at this hotel. Due to this we had limited view of the ocean and cons...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Cathy-Claudio,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach in February. We appreciate the candid feedback and we hope you return for another visit in the near future. I agree with your comments regarding the transportation costs and great location of the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the service team.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and do everything in my power to stay with Marriott, so take the next statement with a grain of salt... This is the absolute worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. And I . ve stayed here at 3925 Collins six times due to it's location.

The view is nice, interesting history of it being The Cadillac Hotel, about a 15 minute brisk walk to Ocean Drive, Tiki Bar food is good, Walgreens/CVS in quick walking distance and the valets, who dont work for Marriott and work for tips, are very attentive. That is the end of service on the hotel property.

From issues with the dry cleaning, bad attitudes on the phone, a lost parcel, faulty internet at beat, some more poor work philosophies from restaurant staff, and 3 out of 5 times- No Late Checkout - for a Platinum guest with 150 nights per year. Last stay was October, didn't even ask.

Rhobi, from the front desk, was the only bright spot on the staff. She actually seemed to care about my concerns and she always managed to calm me yet keep the "company message." Corporate should get her out of there and promote her before it's too late. Then let this property be a Starwood managed property, like so many others.

I'll be down in South Beach next week but decided to go off brand and stay on Ocean Drive with the crazies. Rather spend the ten bucks on cabs to get to work. Courtyard South Beach was a bit pricey. Very sad.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear TravelSox Twitter,

Thank You for staying with us again during your visit to Miami Beach. I truly apologize that we were not able to meet expectations during your visit. I will be sure to mention your feedback to Rhoby. We strive to meet every guests desire for a late checkout, however becuase of our high occupancy it may be challenging at times. I do not have much detail on the dry cleaning and internet, so i would welcome a more detailed conversation regarding both (305-537-3383). The valet team is great and actually does work with the hotel oeprations team, I will be sure to pass along your comments. I hope you give us another chance.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!