“Clean, friendly, good for business traveller” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #69 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toulouse, France
“Clean, friendly, good for business traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Set in the style of art decor. The check in area seems old on first impressions, but you soon appreciate that it is in the old character of art decor. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was nice, comfortable and quiet, despite the room overlooking Collins avenue. Coffee making facilities were available, and a safe was also in the room.

The hotel has 3 eating facilities. One big restaurant where breakfast and dinner (after 4pm) is served. The dinner food is good with a large choice of Italian style food. Breakfast is ok, but not spectacularly great quality. The restaurant has a curious smell at all times, which I don't particularly like. The is a running water pool in the restaurant so it may come from that. Outside there is a poolside cafe bar which sells snacks and bar meals at lunchtime. In the check in lobby is a coffee bar for light snacks and refreshments.

There is an exit at the back of the hotel allowing access to the popular boardwalk and the beach.

In summary, this hotel is a good choice for both holiday makers and business travelers. Easy to get to the airport with quick access to the highway 95/195. The airport journey is around 30 minutes.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Simon P,

Thank You for choosing our historic property while visiting Miami Beach. I agree with comment on character, as our historic lobby is beautifully preserved in its mid century modern style. The Location is great and easily accessible to all main thoroughfares. I will be sure to check on the smell from the restaurant and ensure that is remedied. I appreciate the candid feedback and hope you give us another opportunity during your return visit to Miami Beach.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this hotel by the travel agency that booked our cruise out of Miami. We are very glad that we stayed here. It was a very nice hotel, just a short walk to the beach from the lobby. When we arrived there were 3 or 4 very attentive valets waiting to help with our luggage and help me out of the cab. It was around 5 PM when we checked in and since we had been traveling all day, the fresh popcorn stand that was set up in the lobby was a nice welcome. Several other people writing reviews for this hotel said that the cab ride was expensive. We flew Southwest to Ft Lauderdale airport and paid $23 a piece to get to the hotel via Go Shuttle. The cab ride from the hotel to Ocean Dr was $8.50 each way for the two of us. We ate at an art deco hotel on Ocean Dr that was converted to a restaurant, The Carlyle. It was entertaining and tasty. I'll write a full review of it too. I'm unsure if I'm able to list price here, but I'll try. Since we were with a group we paid $209 for a Sunday night stay at this hotel and due to the excellent service, location and mattress (we slept like well fed babies), it was worth it! I called and without the group discount it would have been $500 a night. Too rich for us!

Room Tip: There is construction going on at this hotel. Due to this we had limited view of the ocean and cons...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Cathy-Claudio,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach in February. We appreciate the candid feedback and we hope you return for another visit in the near future. I agree with your comments regarding the transportation costs and great location of the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the service team.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and do everything in my power to stay with Marriott, so take the next statement with a grain of salt... This is the absolute worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. And I . ve stayed here at 3925 Collins six times due to it's location.

The view is nice, interesting history of it being The Cadillac Hotel, about a 15 minute brisk walk to Ocean Drive, Tiki Bar food is good, Walgreens/CVS in quick walking distance and the valets, who dont work for Marriott and work for tips, are very attentive. That is the end of service on the hotel property.

From issues with the dry cleaning, bad attitudes on the phone, a lost parcel, faulty internet at beat, some more poor work philosophies from restaurant staff, and 3 out of 5 times- No Late Checkout - for a Platinum guest with 150 nights per year. Last stay was October, didn't even ask.

Rhobi, from the front desk, was the only bright spot on the staff. She actually seemed to care about my concerns and she always managed to calm me yet keep the "company message." Corporate should get her out of there and promote her before it's too late. Then let this property be a Starwood managed property, like so many others.

I'll be down in South Beach next week but decided to go off brand and stay on Ocean Drive with the crazies. Rather spend the ten bucks on cabs to get to work. Courtyard South Beach was a bit pricey. Very sad.

• Stayed October 2012
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear TravelSox Twitter,

Thank You for staying with us again during your visit to Miami Beach. I truly apologize that we were not able to meet expectations during your visit. I will be sure to mention your feedback to Rhoby. We strive to meet every guests desire for a late checkout, however becuase of our high occupancy it may be challenging at times. I do not have much detail on the dry cleaning and internet, so i would welcome a more detailed conversation regarding both (305-537-3383). The valet team is great and actually does work with the hotel oeprations team, I will be sure to pass along your comments. I hope you give us another chance.

New Yokrk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Last year I was coming back from the Dominican Republic and my flight was cancelled due to hurricane Sandy. My next steps were crucial as I wanted to find a hotel whre I could just relax. I found the phone number to the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront and was amazed at the service! When I arrived the service of the gentlemen who greeted you and offered to take your bags was exceptional. The young lady at the front desk was attentive and personable. The hotel was clean and had a restaurant (Carraba's) which was fantastic. I'm traveling to Miami again this month...and I have already booked my room with Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Teon j,

Thank You for staying with us, we realize their are manu options in Miami Beach and we are very appreciative you chose us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the service team and I will commend them on their efforts. We hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I gotta say we were quite happy to go to Miami, especially when it's so darn cold here in New York. Even though I have read my share of good reviews about this place, my exprience and my friends expriences were not (they will write their review shortly)! Well upon arriving to the airport I called the hotel and spoke to a young lady who told me it was a $20 short cab ride to the hotel, she was very wrong I was charged $35 which is nothing to me as I ride taxis all the time back at home; but they need to train their staff better on their surroundings and directions (especially when guest are coming from all over the world). When we got there the Valet team was in disarray with a huge line of cars as if we were back in the(inspecting your car days wtf). We decided to get off at the curb and walk up the packed ramp luggage in tow. Now if that did'nt suck; as we walked up the ramp we see the cashier guy looking at us but not moving so we continue up the stairs to go in the building and still no help, till we get to the entrance where a young lady by the name Roby had the door opened waiting on guest and helped us right in she was very helpful and friendly. Upon entering I felt a little better when I saw how pretty the lobby was but as I looked around I saw most of the other employees were talking amungst themselves and even being a little friendly for my taste! I was feeling a little stressed so I went to their Starbucks kiosk (another wierd encounter) because there were two young men behind the counter acting pretty friendly with eachother so much it made me uncomfortable; I managed to get the name of one employee(Ferndez Ortiz) as the other employee took off when he saw my face of discomfort. I gotta say my check in proccess was very refreshing as a young lady treated me very nicely and gave me tips on what me and my friends can do for fun in the area. Thank god when I got to my room it was a nice room with balcony facing the ocean. The only thing wrong with the room was that it was very dusty but we did not want to ask for help, we just wanted to start relaxing. We decided not to have our room serviced due to the fact a young lady barged in our room at 7am thinking this room was unoccupied(light brown skin long black hair and was not wearing a uniform) I was half asleep so I didn't get her name. After that rude awakening we decided to put our do not disturb sign for the rest of our stay and just ask for our amenities ourselves. The rest of our 3 day stay was pretty smooth with the exception of a couple things. Carrabas was great, the tiki was cool and the beach chair access was awesome but I must say I will not be returning to this hotel untill their employees are better trained, Valet is properly structured, management is changed and those fresh employees are replaced! I have noticed that this hotel carters to business people and family with kids that type of behavior by employees is unexceptable and does not look proper!

Room Tip: nice penthouse terrace
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Carra d,

Thank You for choosing our property for your trip to Miami Beach. I have reviewed your comment regarding the taxi fare with the front desk; all desk service memebers are aware that the charge from the airport is a flat rate. I apologize as our valet team did not assist with your luggage as you entered the hotel. Unfortuantely our valet entrance may get backed up if 3 to 4 cars arrive at once, but not assisting a guest is inexcusable. I have also addressed your comments with the other members of the front desk. I apologize if you felt uncomfortable in any way. Lastly, I wish we could have spoken back in January when you were here especially if someone had attempted to enter your room. Our housekeeping team does not start until 830am and we take security very seriously. Finally, I will address your comments with the team here on property. If you would like to speak further, I can be reached at 305-538-3373.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went to a conference at The Fontainebleau in January, and the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfront proved to be a good alternative.

Pluses:

1. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms
2. Friendly, helpful desk staff
3. Backs up to the Miami Beach boardwalk and beach
4. Short walk to the Fontainebleau
5. Complimentary coffee in room and lobby
6. Quick breakfast option at Starbucks or more extensive buffet at Carraba's attached to hotel

Negatives:

1. Difficult to find front door - you see Courtyard Marriott sign way above the building, but the front door is actually the Hotel Cadillac next door. A bit confusing - especially when arriving at night.
2. Carraba's restaurant, bar and outdoor beach bar all close at 10pm - inconvenient for guests who want to relax later in the evening - no other options nearby
3. Not many dinner options nearby - other than Carraba's - everything is a $10 or $12 cab ride down the heart of Miami Beach.
4. Construction - though it didn't bother me - of new hotel wing blocks the "ocean front" view from some rooms.

Overall, I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront view may not mean that if you get one on a low floor behind the new wing being built. Th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear pgraner,

Thank You for choosing our property while at your conference. I hope you had a great stay in Miami Beach. We appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to further enhance our service strategy. I do apologize as we should have been more helpful in finding dinner options nearby as their are more opitons walking distance than just Carrabba's. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again. I will review your comments with the service team as we strive to perfect service.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great location, great tiki bar, on the beach, but under massive construction. Unless you are getting a fantastic deal and do not mind the hammering and closed pool, I would stay clear of this property until the fall, 2013.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Mark S,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful historic hotel. We do hope you return once work is completed on our new oceanfront tower featuring great new amenities. We are offering all guests complimentary beach rentals as well as the use of a fabulous pool off property during this project. The hotel still features a great location, great staff and great amenities. Thank You again for the feedback

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!