“Under Construction” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #66 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Under Construction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great location, great tiki bar, on the beach, but under massive construction. Unless you are getting a fantastic deal and do not mind the hammering and closed pool, I would stay clear of this property until the fall, 2013.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Mark S,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful historic hotel. We do hope you return once work is completed on our new oceanfront tower featuring great new amenities. We are offering all guests complimentary beach rentals as well as the use of a fabulous pool off property during this project. The hotel still features a great location, great staff and great amenities. Thank You again for the feedback

989 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room for business on line through Marriott. I was well aware of the pool and exterior renovations, but it's location is easy to get to and I had stayed here before.

I was greeted by the front desk and informed of the construction, pool closure and the extra accommodations they had if you wanted the pool at another location. I was able to participate in a bonus drawing and received 200 extra Marriott rewards points.

My single king room overlooked Collins but was not loud. I did think the room was smaller than usual. Large spacious bathroom with new shower and lots o counter space. Room was very clean and the linens were fresh!

Internet was free and was a good connection.

Right now you have to walk to the beach by exiting the front of the building and the hotel provided free beach chairs and umbrellas. The guys working the chairs were very nice.

There is a liquor store next to the hotel which is very convient as well as a deli across the street and a Starbucks inside the hotel that offers discounts to guests.

My biggest disappointment is the fact that I was here on business but because of the Valentines holiday I had to pay double for my room. Considering the construction and the fact that I was here on business that really bothered me. Valet also took a very long time with the car almost 45 minutes. I choose a cab one evening.

Would I stay here again? Sure I look froward to getting the pool back and to the new rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear DWS 13433,

I am excited that you would return to the property. We are in the midst of completing the construction of a new oceanfront tower which will greatly expand hotel amenties. I apologize for the time it took to retrieve your vehicle, since our parking is off-site we make every attempt to expedite the delivery of each vehicle. I look forward to hosting you in the future as you enjoy our new product with great new amenities.

Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is a renovated older hotel (Cadillac). The lobby was very loud with music and no sound deadening carpeting. Our room faced the ocean, however, we basically looked out at the construction site with nothing but concrete and 2 x 4's. Our friends had a room #606 and complained and were compensated by moving them to a huge suite. We didn't request to be moved. We had a very small balcony and we actually could see the ocean and pool from our room. (photo included) We stayed 2 nights and since it was the weekend, we didn't hear any noise from the construction, however, when we checked in on Friday the construction workers were still up on the building so we couldn't leave our curtains open until they were gone for the day. The tiki bar was good for happy hour and apps. Carrabas is attached to the hotel and offers breakfast. Dinner at Carrabas was very good. There is a liquor store right across the street. There is no where to park a car and if you do have them valet, its extremely expensive. Something like $35. per day.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a higher number room (ex. __12 __24 etc) The lower numbers have a view of th...
Dear Robin 9250,

I appreciate the candid feedback and apologize for any noise you heard from the construction. As you witnessed we are beautifying our historic hotel into an even more splendid property. I am glad you chose our hotel and when the work is completed I hope you return. We will share your comments amongst the team as we strive to improve service each day.

Trumbull, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I booked our stay through Expedia at the beginning of January, I was we'll aware of the construction going on at the hotel. Expedia's website was very clear in stating there is construction on the "exterior". Once I got word that we were expecting 3 feet of snow the day we were to leave, I changed our flight (paid $300) to do so, called the hotel directly to see if they had a room for another night, & the very first words out of the representative's mouth was, "are you aware that our hotel is undergoing major renovations & the pool is CLOSED?!?!?!?! NO!!!!! Because NOWHERE on Expedia's website was there ANY indication of the pool being closed! I was well aware of the construction. Why would my husband & I travel from CT where it is 16 degrees to Miami to stay at a hotel with no pool????? This hotel clearly misrepresented themselves on Expedia & they were far from interested in compensating me. Marriott corporate will definitely be hearing about this! The "Starbucks" in the hotel is nothing but a counter that sells Starbucks coffee...and is closed by 4:00!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Melissa 0703,

Thank You for choosing us for your stay while in Miami Beach. As a fellow New Englander I empathize with your desire to leave the cold and escape to paradise during the winter months. I apologize for any confusion during the booking process with Expedia. We have spoken to their respresentatives in the past and continue to do so during our property beautification. If you have time, I'd like to speak with you regarding this; I can be reached at 305-5383373.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night. Lobby is very art deco and loud (music blaring). Rooms are quiet and very clean. Would recommend the hotel add ice machines and vending machines on the floors, so you don't have to go to the mini market during the night for something cold to drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not close to the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Aservies,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I truly apologize that we did not communicate our hotel amenities as we do have ice machines and vending machines on each floor - I will work with the team on this type of communication. Our hotel also maintains its mid century modern design which we feel is important to our guests and Miami Beach. I hope you return in the near future. Thank You for your comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel was so easy to reach by public transportation from the (MIA) Miami airport. This hotel is right on the beach.. who wouldn't LOVE that! The lobby is decorated in the art deco style ( sooo cool) and is a very welcoming spot to sit and enjoy a free morning coffee after checking out. We ate at the attached Carraba's restaurant, we arrived just before closing and thought we may be too late but they welcomed us and we had a very delicious dinner. There is a liquor store right across the street as well as a small convenience store which was a perfect spot to pick up last minute items before we left on our cruise. the pool and hot tub looked lovely as well as a bar outside then a opening onto the boardwalk so you can enjoy the ocean. The staff were very friendly and helpful in planning our day around miami beach. Our room was pleasant however no view at all. The bed was very comfortable and overal a very good place to stay. IF we would have stayed longer I would have wanted a room with a view or balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view or at least a room that does not look at a cement wall.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gruxgirl,

Thank You very much for choosing our property on your visit to Miami Beach. I agree with your comments as our property has great on-site amenities and is very convenient to the airport. Also, you are correct regarding the art deco feel of the property - the hotel is well maintained and has been a functioning hotel for over 73 years. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope you return in the near future.

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is very well located.
At 39 Street right on the beach.
The rooms are small but cozy and bright.
There are a mini-market (24/7) and mini-cafe with Starbucks coffee.
The territory is quite small, there is a pool, a Jacuzzi and a bar overlooking the beach.
Breakfast is quite good.
A good Italian restaurant.
Very pleasant and helpful staff.
There is a russian-speaking guy in the restaurant.

At the moment the hotel is completing a new building, so during business hours on weekdays are noisy. Although in the rooms with city views noise is not audible.As well as on the loungers on the beach. But sunbed + umbrella will cost you $ 15 a day )

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Vladislav K,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I would welcome you back as we enter the closing stages of our hotel beautification project, which will truly enhance this already great property. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the staff and I hope when you return we get a chance to meet.