“OK hotel, terrible customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #65 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Moscow
“OK hotel, terrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed there for a couple of nights in November after booking at Marriott.com with Marriott Rewards exclusive member offer. I have an email confirming my rate.
Stay was fine except my key cards stop working every two hours.
Although I didn't get any credit to my rewards account up until now.
I've spent countless hours on the phone and email trying to get my points with no luck. Turned out that somebody at hotel changed my reservation to "marriott family" rate. They have suggested me to contact hotel directly, which is impossible because their accountant Kathy Lopez never, and I mean it never never never never, answers to any phone calls or emails. Never received an answer from another person at the hotel Lorena D Cabrera.
So, pretty OK hotel with terrible horrifying customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear cdima,

I apologize about the inconvenience you experienced when contacting the property. Unfortunately, I do not have any of your information and we do not have record of any unresponsive correspondence between the parties mentioned and a hotel guest during the period you mentioned. I take full responsibility for any challenge you may have endured. Please contact me at 305-538-3373 at your earliest convenience so that I may understand what transpired.

Best Wishes

999 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Decided to leave our Ft Myers base for dinner at Joe's Stone Crab in Miami beach and to spend the night.
The room was clean and good for a night's stay. Staff was very accommodating from the front desk to the concierge staff. They all seemed happy to have you there and wanted to ensure that you had a pleasant stay. The only downside was that it was noisier than I would have liked and I found it difficult to get to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear NLO888,

Thank You for choosing us during your visit to Miami Beach. i know there are alot of options on Miami Beach, so we are grateful you chose us. Unfortunately I do not have alot of information from your comments (regarding the noise). I would like to speak further, so that we may remedy any such noise issues in the building. Please contact me at the Hotel (at your leisure), 305-538-3373.

Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed for a quick two night stay, unfortunately it coincided with a cold front. The hotel is right on the beach, and has a nice poolside and boardwalk cafe...Carrabas. Of course everything is pricey here, it's south beach. 32 valet is a bit expensive and you have to call 20 minutes before because your car is stored off site and they need to shuttle to get your car. Hotel lobby is contemporary and clean as was the room. Bed was super comfy and they upgraded us to a suite so the kiddies had their own room. Tv was fuzzy in the master which always annoys me as it is such a simple thing. Wifi was free, surprised and a nice heated pool. Beach is beautiful, but that is anywhere along this area. Not a far drive to the main south beach area, you could walk if so inclined, it would be 30-40 mins to get to main area for most average walkers. Great wood boardwalk along the beach for the runners. Doormen and valets were very attentive and even called me after I left my cell phone in car upon returning. All in all nice comfortable place...

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear SWS4PSU,

Thank You for staying with us during your last visit to Miami Beach. I will pass your comments to the Valet team, who will be very appreciative of the feedback. We attempt to provide every guest with a problem free environment, as a result of your comments I will presonally check the TV's in each guest room suite. Also, the valet parking charge of $32 is very competitive against the rest of the hotels on Miami Beach, in fact we are inexpensive compared to most. We always strive to deliver a quick delivery of vehicles. I truly appreciate your comments and will be sure to check the TV's in the suite's.

Thank You for visiting with us, we hope to see you back on the Beach

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights following a cruise around the Caribbean.
The receptionist was good enough to give us a seafront room as we arrived earlier than anticipated. the hotel was very clean and well presented.
Make use of the boardwalk along the front and try out the bar and food.
The hotel also booked us both spa sessions at the nearby Eden hotel which was fabulous.
This is a little further away from the areas like the Art Deco district but not too far in a bus or cab.
All in all good value for money and a great hotel we would return to again.

Room Tip: You have to have a room with a balcony and sea view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MrMRT1777,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your return visit to South Florida.
Best Wishes and Happy Holidays

-Joseph LaFleur
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in early December. As others have mentioned, this is a renovated property (formerly the Cadillac) and it has a deco style to it. The rooms have been recently updated and are comfortable. I had an ocean view room with a balcony, and it was worth the extra charge. The pool area and beachside bar are nice enough but are currently in the shadow of a major expansion/construction project. It's a bit of an eyesore, and the construction is quite loud between the hours of 8am and 5pm. The hotel does sit right on the beach and boardwalk, which is nice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear JBrunecky,

Thank You for choosing our great property for your visit to Miami Beach. I am certain once the construction is completed, we will provide an even greater guest experience. I hope you consider our fantastic property for your return visit. We hope to see you soon

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

nice freindly hotel, expensive room, but looking is good, service freindly, wide rooms, great breakfast, i injoied with my wife, the only problem you need either to pay $ 32 for hotel parking, or park in the street, and watch the time meter, but i found this normal in Miami beach hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear hkheir,

Thank You for choosing our fantastic property during your visit to Miami Beach. We pride ourselves on providing kind and friendly service. I also cannot agree more regarding the parking comment. Our hotel overnight parking rates are very well positioned against other Miami Beach properties, plus we maintain a secure parking area.

We hope to see you return to the Beach

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

It is the former Cadillac Hotel Resort from a very art deco stylish era. The interior makes you feel like you stepped back in time. The room is updated but has the "old" art deco style. The bed and pillows were very comfy (too bad we were there only one night). The shower head was small but looks were deceiving it had lots of water power for a great spray. It is located right on the waterfront so all you have to do is go out through the pool area and you can be on the beach or the very scenic boardwalk. Nice little bar area where you can watch the waves and enjoy a drink or two. Repeater if we get back there. Friendly staff to help however they can.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a room with a beach view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JL2z,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I appreciate the kind words about the staff, I will be sure to pass on these comments. We are fortunate to work in a historic well maintained property and I so glad you enjoyed your experience here.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!