“Right on the beach, can't be beat!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #65 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Right on the beach, can't be beat!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights after our Caribbean Cruise. We were considering the Fountain Bleu, Eden Roc, the Blue Moon and the Marriott full service right in South Beach. We decided to stay here and we are SO GLAD WE DID. We were fully aware of the construction going on next to the pool before we made our reservation and since we were going to hang out at the beach during the day, we did not care. The construction is going on next to the pool to build a new tower. While it affected our view somewhat you could still see the ocean and beach from our room (9th floor oceanfront) which we were happy with. If you looked straight down, of course you could see the construction, but the hotel fully disclosed it was going on and we made the conscious decision to stay there so it was okay. The room was very clean and well maintained. The elevator lifts are a bit noisy and that kept us awake unless we turned the air fan on and then it was fine. We loved our oceanfront view so much that we didn't want to give it up to move to a room away from the elevator. The staff at this hotel are awesome. If you stay here, see Marcus at the Beach who manages the chairs and umbrellas. He took wonderful care of us and is a great asset to the Marriott Corporation. Also, Reynaldo at the Valet Staff was amazing. Every day he had a smile for us and new information or place to send us. He even negotiated our cab ride back to the airport and got us a discounted flat rate with the cabby. Infact, the entire Valet Staff makes this hotel reflective of its former grandeur. They are so friendly and jump at the chance to help you. I don't think we ever touched the front door during our entire 7 days there... they are constantly at that door opening it up for you whether you are going or coming. Finally, Efraim at the Front Desk took real good care of us upon check in and throughout our stay. The hotel is located at the north end in Miami Beach only a few streets away from where South Beach begins. We loved the location!! Quiet when we wanted it to be, but close enough to get us where we wanted to be during the day when we weren't at the beach. Bike Rental racks are right outside the hotel and will get you wherever you need to go. The bus stop is right outside the hotel as well and for $2.00 a person you can go anywhere up and down the strip. It was so convenient. Finally, taxis are abundant and parking is obsolete so renting a car is not suggested and plus you don't need it. Be sure to check out the Tiki Bar off the beach which has great food, service and views!!!!

A Very Happy Guest,
R Wright.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views above the construction. Also, rooms away from the elevators are les...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Swtdevl,

I appreciate you candid feedback and hope we see you again in Miami Beach. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Marcus, Rolando and Efrain. I truly appreciate you staying with us while on vacation.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Crickhowell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

First the good bits. Fantasctic Art Deco facade, great beach location, handy for public transport. Safe quiet area. Best of all the staff! The bad bits? The hotel is more than a little shabby and in need of complete refurbishment in most areas. The rooms are clean but basic and the decor uninspiring. We booked for 11 nights and it took us 4 attempts to get a room that we could get a good nights sleep in . We were aware of the construction before we booked but that's not the problem. Noisy external air con and lifts plus road noise at the front. The south side room we ended up in was ok. Nice touches are free coffee in the lobby and occasional free ice cream. It's a pity this hotel could be so much nicer if it was brought back to it's "Cadillac" days splendor and i hope the "suits" at Marriott HQ are able to put the hotel back to it's original condition for the benefit of future clients and the great staff.

Room Tip: The south side rooms are the quietest and you get a partial sea view from the balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Clivenorbury,

We appreciate you choosing our property during your visit to Miami Beach. I am certain once the work is completed this will be an even greater hotel. I will pass your comments on to the staff. as always we strive to provide the best service possible to our guests.

Best Regards,

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is construction!!! Beware of the tower that they are constructing at the hotel that will be impossible to miss.

If you are going to Miami Beach and expect a "Miami" pool scene - look elsewhere. The construction is at the pool.

If you are going to Miami Beach to enjoy a beach view from your hotel - look elsewhere. The construction of the tower dominates your view.

I happened to be going for business....so I was away from the hotel during the day. But if I travelled to Miami with my family for some R&R....and arrived to the major construction underway, I would have freaked.

Also note that the construction is supposed to end at 5:00PM everyday. Of course, it doesn't. It continues well into the 6:00 hour.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Viajero S,

Thank You for staying with us while in Miami Beach. Our current project will truly enhance the look and feel of the hotel and we are excited about the future. The views from the room are still very enjoyable with no obstruction. In fact the project has not reached the lowest floor so views from the northeast portion of the building are great. We also obide by the city mandate to stop work each day by 6pm, however on most days the work is stopped by 430pm. We have not a day run later than 430pm in quite some time. Lastly, we try our best to minimize any disruption and we know that the future of the property will be great once all is completed.

We hope to see back,

Best Regards, Joseph LaFleur
Big Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here the day before leaving on a Bahamas Cruise. We wanted to spend the day in Miami to see the beach, shops and restaurants. This hotel used to be the Cadillac Hotel and is an older hotel. It was not super fancy but the bed was wonderful and the room was very clean. We had an oceanfront room with a balcony that was worth the extra money-great sunrises. It is right next to the boardwalk on the beach which made it easy to walk down the beach to South Beach. There is construction going on at this time so the week days can be noisy while they are working. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mw59,

Thank You for visiting Miami Beach and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return in the near future. I will pass your comments on to the team.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was unfortunate to get a room that was above the restaurant and had a really, really bad smell. I was in Miami for a conference, so the fact that did not have an ocean view was fine, but to fall asleep with the smell of burnt food was impossible. There are number of rooms that are above the restaurant so make sure you don't get one of those. It will most certainly ruin your stay. There is a major construction going on next to the pool area of the hotel, which renders the pool area very unpleasant. The pool is not very pretty to begin with and it seems dirty comparing to other pools around it (the bottom of the pool was always dirty with leaves and branches). The beach is right across the boardwalk and it is very nice. There is a charge for beach charis and umbrellas. The hotel is a bit of a hike to South Beach but you can take a taxi. Hotel staff was very friendly and if you get a nice room for a decent price, this hotel may work for you. The room just ruin my experience and I will not be back.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view away from the restaurant!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear fametravel,

I apologize for the smell you experienced in your room. We will investigate this and remedy as soon as possible. We have a great facility and a historic pool. We hope you give us another chance on your return visit, as our project (once completed) will truly enhance the property.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visited the hotel twice, once 2 years ago with a friend for 4 nights - we had a very nice time, all employees very nice.

My kids & I (13 & 18) went last year for 3 nights, just a quick get-away, and we had a fun time, they liked the boardwalk.

It is a "getaway hotel" and just about everything you need is there. If you want something else you can hop a cab and go to where there is more action. I like that it is removed unless you want to be in the center of things.

Hotel restaurant was wonderful, ate there quite a few times.

I'm planning a High School friends get-away for February, this spot is at the top of my list and I hope we pick it.

One last thing: I had a major migraine the first time I was there. They brought me a terry bathrobe, not usually supplied and chocolates (they told me the chocolates were good for my migraine!) It is the little things and the friendly employees that made it nice for me.

Room Tip: I had a high floor with a balcony with oceanview each time. It was wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Virgina H,

Thank You for your kind remarks. We attempt to provide the best service on Miami Beach and we hope to see you back soon. We will be waiting in February......

Best Regards

San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights after coming back from Disney and before flying home. To start with, the hotel building is very old and seems to have been expanded over time and lacks modern ammenities, I have not seem the gym. The business center is in the lobby, there were 2 computers were you could sit, only one worked and another two that you had to use while standing. The restaurant where breakfast is served operates as a Carrabba's for lunch and dinner, it is from there that the food you order at the pool/beach bar comes and is fairly good, this was certainly the only good thing about this hotel. The pool is simple and small, very deep too so watch your kids, there was no lifeguard on duty, there are few chairs that get taken quickly and there was sun only in the mornings before the building casted its shade on it. But the worst part about the pool is that the hotel is expanding yet another section, so there is major construction going on all day long (incl. Sat.), the noise at the pool is unbearable. The area were the hotel sits is not very safe at night and even though the beach boardwalk is patrolled by security guards, many homeless people and junkies live there and also in the adjacent roads. It is not uncommon to be approached by them even at daytime asking for money. The worst part though was that they sent me the bill at checkout and also by e-mail, everything seemed to be in order, only a few days later I've realized they added another stay to my room and decided to charge it to my credit card without notice, trying to call the hotel during the day is useless, sometimes no one answers the phone, others they put you on hold and no one picks up and sometimes they say they will call you back but never do. I only got the wrongfull charges credited back to my CC after a month by contacting Marriott customer service because dealing with the hotel directly is pointless. All in all, it is a lot less than you would expect from a Marriott property, maybe they think they are that 50+ yrs old buiding and still living up to that age and standards.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear AndyTravelerrr,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I apologize if there was a computer at the business center which did not work. We have 3 terminals and 3 operating PC's in addition to 2 quick print boarding pass stations. The pool is quite large by Miami Beach standards; and is the exsiting pool from the original build of this beautiful historically protected tower. Also, I am glad we were assist with your room charges, I apologize if it was difficult to find someone to assist. Please contact me at the hotel and I'd welcome the opportunity to find out more detail as we strive to improve our service. I hope you give us another chance on your return visit.

Best Regards,

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!