“Buyer Beware” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Buyer Beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is construction!!! Beware of the tower that they are constructing at the hotel that will be impossible to miss.

If you are going to Miami Beach and expect a "Miami" pool scene - look elsewhere. The construction is at the pool.

If you are going to Miami Beach to enjoy a beach view from your hotel - look elsewhere. The construction of the tower dominates your view.

I happened to be going for business....so I was away from the hotel during the day. But if I travelled to Miami with my family for some R&R....and arrived to the major construction underway, I would have freaked.

Also note that the construction is supposed to end at 5:00PM everyday. Of course, it doesn't. It continues well into the 6:00 hour.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Viajero S,

Thank You for staying with us while in Miami Beach. Our current project will truly enhance the look and feel of the hotel and we are excited about the future. The views from the room are still very enjoyable with no obstruction. In fact the project has not reached the lowest floor so views from the northeast portion of the building are great. We also obide by the city mandate to stop work each day by 6pm, however on most days the work is stopped by 430pm. We have not a day run later than 430pm in quite some time. Lastly, we try our best to minimize any disruption and we know that the future of the property will be great once all is completed.

We hope to see back,

Best Regards, Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Big Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here the day before leaving on a Bahamas Cruise. We wanted to spend the day in Miami to see the beach, shops and restaurants. This hotel used to be the Cadillac Hotel and is an older hotel. It was not super fancy but the bed was wonderful and the room was very clean. We had an oceanfront room with a balcony that was worth the extra money-great sunrises. It is right next to the boardwalk on the beach which made it easy to walk down the beach to South Beach. There is construction going on at this time so the week days can be noisy while they are working. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mw59,

Thank You for visiting Miami Beach and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return in the near future. I will pass your comments on to the team.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was unfortunate to get a room that was above the restaurant and had a really, really bad smell. I was in Miami for a conference, so the fact that did not have an ocean view was fine, but to fall asleep with the smell of burnt food was impossible. There are number of rooms that are above the restaurant so make sure you don't get one of those. It will most certainly ruin your stay. There is a major construction going on next to the pool area of the hotel, which renders the pool area very unpleasant. The pool is not very pretty to begin with and it seems dirty comparing to other pools around it (the bottom of the pool was always dirty with leaves and branches). The beach is right across the boardwalk and it is very nice. There is a charge for beach charis and umbrellas. The hotel is a bit of a hike to South Beach but you can take a taxi. Hotel staff was very friendly and if you get a nice room for a decent price, this hotel may work for you. The room just ruin my experience and I will not be back.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view away from the restaurant!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear fametravel,

I apologize for the smell you experienced in your room. We will investigate this and remedy as soon as possible. We have a great facility and a historic pool. We hope you give us another chance on your return visit, as our project (once completed) will truly enhance the property.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visited the hotel twice, once 2 years ago with a friend for 4 nights - we had a very nice time, all employees very nice.

My kids & I (13 & 18) went last year for 3 nights, just a quick get-away, and we had a fun time, they liked the boardwalk.

It is a "getaway hotel" and just about everything you need is there. If you want something else you can hop a cab and go to where there is more action. I like that it is removed unless you want to be in the center of things.

Hotel restaurant was wonderful, ate there quite a few times.

I'm planning a High School friends get-away for February, this spot is at the top of my list and I hope we pick it.

One last thing: I had a major migraine the first time I was there. They brought me a terry bathrobe, not usually supplied and chocolates (they told me the chocolates were good for my migraine!) It is the little things and the friendly employees that made it nice for me.

Room Tip: I had a high floor with a balcony with oceanview each time. It was wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Virgina H,

Thank You for your kind remarks. We attempt to provide the best service on Miami Beach and we hope to see you back soon. We will be waiting in February......

Best Regards

San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights after coming back from Disney and before flying home. To start with, the hotel building is very old and seems to have been expanded over time and lacks modern ammenities, I have not seem the gym. The business center is in the lobby, there were 2 computers were you could sit, only one worked and another two that you had to use while standing. The restaurant where breakfast is served operates as a Carrabba's for lunch and dinner, it is from there that the food you order at the pool/beach bar comes and is fairly good, this was certainly the only good thing about this hotel. The pool is simple and small, very deep too so watch your kids, there was no lifeguard on duty, there are few chairs that get taken quickly and there was sun only in the mornings before the building casted its shade on it. But the worst part about the pool is that the hotel is expanding yet another section, so there is major construction going on all day long (incl. Sat.), the noise at the pool is unbearable. The area were the hotel sits is not very safe at night and even though the beach boardwalk is patrolled by security guards, many homeless people and junkies live there and also in the adjacent roads. It is not uncommon to be approached by them even at daytime asking for money. The worst part though was that they sent me the bill at checkout and also by e-mail, everything seemed to be in order, only a few days later I've realized they added another stay to my room and decided to charge it to my credit card without notice, trying to call the hotel during the day is useless, sometimes no one answers the phone, others they put you on hold and no one picks up and sometimes they say they will call you back but never do. I only got the wrongfull charges credited back to my CC after a month by contacting Marriott customer service because dealing with the hotel directly is pointless. All in all, it is a lot less than you would expect from a Marriott property, maybe they think they are that 50+ yrs old buiding and still living up to that age and standards.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear AndyTravelerrr,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I apologize if there was a computer at the business center which did not work. We have 3 terminals and 3 operating PC's in addition to 2 quick print boarding pass stations. The pool is quite large by Miami Beach standards; and is the exsiting pool from the original build of this beautiful historically protected tower. Also, I am glad we were assist with your room charges, I apologize if it was difficult to find someone to assist. Please contact me at the hotel and I'd welcome the opportunity to find out more detail as we strive to improve our service. I hope you give us another chance on your return visit.

Best Regards,

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Old Iconic Hotel, great staff, good rooms, but requires some upgrades. Great ocean view but huge construction blocking the view. Great staff, location is a bit far from main streets in Miami Beach and South Beach, but I would still recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Alfredo B,

Thank You for staying with us while in Miami Beach. We appreciate your business and hope to see you during your next visit to Miami Beach. We feel one of our greatest assets is our Miami Beach location which is centrally located and easily accessible to the airport and local attractions as well as our adherence to the mid century modern design.

We hope to see you soon,

Best regards,

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I only stayed at this hotel for one night: we checked in, got some sleep and checked out. We got an ocean view room with balcony and that was really amazing. The view was a little ruined by the construction works (new building belonging to the same hotel is being built), but nevertheless very nice. The very big pool area seemed nice from our room; unfortunately we did not get to try it.

The staff at reception was very friendly at helpful, and so were the valets.

The problem here are the rooms: surely very spaceous, but in desperate need of renovation; the furniture is old fashioned, the wall paper ancient; the bathroom run down, depressive! Small bugs everywhere by the sink... Blah!

Hopefully to the construction of the new building will follow some sort of renovation for this hotel.

Bottom line is: fine for a quick stop; I would not recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mrs. PerfectBerlin,

Thank You for staying with us in Miami Beach. We always strive to improve our product and service, so we appreciate your candid feedback. I will make sure I deliver your message about the team as well as address your comments about the building and investigate the bugs by the sink. I do apologize for any inconvenience, I hope you give us another chance during your next visit to Miami Beach.

Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!