“Nice hotel for vacation spot in Miami Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #68 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Nice hotel for vacation spot in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself is not new and a bit worn out, but the service was excellent. You feel yourself highly valued guest there. Staff at the reception and technical service were very hospital. For example: our safe box was broken and engineering person came to repair, we left him in the room working and after we came back there were several chocolate bars with short note, where he excused for inconvenience due to safe box malfunction. Same thing with reception - always smiling, asking if everything is ok. They arranged small events in the lobby every day - popcorn day, ice cream day, etc.
Territory is very small, just one pool, but we looked for ocean, so far these facts didn't bother us.
Whenever we come back to Miami Beach we will consider this hotels a first choice to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear DctrG,

Thank You for choosing during your visit to Miami Beach. We are in the midst of adding a second pool and further expanding our already great offerings. I hope you have the chance to visit us again.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Polish first
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visited Miami Beach for a recent business conference. When I checked in to the Marriott, Jaime was welcoming and went out of his way to make sure the accomodations were satisfactory. It was so refreshing to have such service after a long day of traveling! The room was clean with a convenient area for my laptop and papers. The free internet allowed my office VPN connection to work well. The bedding was clean and comfortable for a good night's rest, and the bathroom was cleaned spotless every day (and had luxurious Paul Mitchell products). The refrigerator in the room was cool enough for bottled water but not cold enough for milk, etc. (although I did not report this very minor issue).

The hotel is conveniently located a short ride away from the Miami Beach Convention Center and the South Beach hotels. For example, cab fare to the Loews/Ritz Carlton was $9 (plus tip). My cab fare from the Miami Airport was $35 and to the Fort Lauderdate Airport was $75 (plus tips).

On my last day, I was able to spend time on the beach. The hotel has a convenient board walk to the beach, and the Tiki bar provides quick refreshment. I rented a beach chair and canopy from Vinny Ortega. He had a clean, professional appearance and was most accommodating on the placement of my chair. Vinny would check and make sure all was well in a friendly and non-annoying manner. Traveling alone, his thoughful service was much appreciated as it made me feel safer and more comfortable while away from home.

I really enjoyed my room, the mix of modern convenience and historic details of the hotel, the location, and most of all the friendly and attentive staff! Thank you for making my stay in Miami Beach a pleasantly memorable one! (Please especially thank Jaime and Vinny!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Carol C,

Thank You for visiting us in Miami Beach. After a long day of traveling it is truly nice to have someone greet you with a smile, I will be sure to share your comments with Jaime. I will also pass this along to Vinny as he does a great job on the beach. Lastly, our in-room coolers are not refrigerators, they act as colling units and are great for beverages, but not items like medicine or perishables.

Thank You again for staying with us. I hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

Best Wishes,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was at the hotel earlier this month for a conference. I'm a loyal Marriott guest and was immediately welcomed by Efrain when I arrived in Miami at 730am. He was great and able to put me in a great room overlooking the ocean and pool at that time. Having the comfort of a room after travelling all night on a red-eye was a great delight! Thank you Efrain!

Marcus, the beach mgr and Nayla, pool attendant were very friendly and fun to talk to. They made my stay comfortable especially after a long day at a work conference. You guys are great!
Your bell staff was great, always courteous and tended to all my needs for directions and places to visit! Thank you!

Though the construction sight and noise wasn't great, the staff made all the difference. It made my first trip to Miami the best! Hope to see you all again! Please let your staff know of my comments!

Tommy L

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tommy L,

Thank You for choosing us during your visit to Miami Beach. I will be sure to pass this note along to Efrain, Marcus and Nayla as well as the Bell Staff. We hope to see you in the near future.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during September of 2012. Everything was pretty good. There was a few hairs in my bathtub so it could of been cleaned better. But I'm a man it wasn't a deal breaker. There's a bad outside that leads to the beach. There was a rude encounter with a bartender. That's a bigger problem for me. A customer should always be treated with respect. I sent a complaint to Marriott about my issues today. Right after I sent my complaint, I check my credit card about an hour later. There's a charge on my account from this hotel.This is an entire month later on the same day I complain. Weird isn't it? So I call to find out what the charge is for, an enitre month later. I'm told it was for a movie I ordered. I did order a movie, but the movie did not play. It was blacking in and out of picture. It was also a lot of static in the picture. I figured that was the reason I wasn't charged for the movie, because it did not play. Overall, its a nice hotel. Good location. But putting a charge on my account the day I complain a month later seems a little bit odd to me. It seems like its retaliation. For that reason I would not recommend anyone to visit this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a quick weekend trip. The hotel was very clean and had a very nice location and pool area! The staff was very friendly and accomodating especially Jaime Estrada who was very polite and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear sonosteph,

Thank You for choosing us for your stay in Miami Beach. I am glad we were able to make your stay special. I will pass your comments along to Jaime, as he is a great associate.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my second time in this hotel. My fiance surprised me this year with an oceanview room w/ balcony overlooking looking pool area and construction site. The banging started at 8am..I was not too thrilled about this but since my fiance is a contractor he enjoyed watching the work in progress. Anyway..the beach is so beautiful here, the water clean and warm..although I think this time of the year, the water is a little rougher than last year when we came down in May. The rentals are expensive $37 for two chairs and umbrella but that is nothing compared to the drinks in the Tiki Bar!! We sat there for 30 min one day waiting for the rain shower to stop. I ordered a Mojito and it cost $13. Come on now!! $13 for a Mojito?? Highway robbery. I will definitely not buy anything there again.

The pool area is nice, the hot tub is really small. The staff are all very friendly. The valet parking is also very expensive, I believe $32 a day? Again, Miami is a city and usually cities rip people off..especially tourists. I do love that the hotel is on the beach and South Beach is not too far away. Carrabas was lousy on the first night we went there to eat dinner but the manager did come over to our table and correct the order and sent over free dessert. We also went to Chago de fuego restaurant in So. Beach and it was EXCELLENT...expensive but so worth it. We also went to Cantina 87 (?) which I thought would have really good Italian food but it was not worth it. The food was mediocre and the bread was lousy.

We will most likely stay at the Courtyard again in the future hopefully soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lindad08,

Thank you for joining us in Miami Beach, especially on your special surprise trip. I will pass along your comments to our service team at the hotel. I am pleased to announce that we will eventually have a larger jacuzzi as this will be part of the buidling work. The prices for cocktails and beach rentals are priced very competitively, even on the low side. Our valet parking charges are also on the priced below our competition and most hotels on the beach.
I will also pass long your comments to Carrabba's, I am glad to see an attempt was made to recover your experience.
Thank You very much for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

Best Wishes,

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is on the beach which makes it very attractive but there is construction work going on at the moment and despite what they tell you it does impact. Pool area small. It has a real package holiday feel to the whole premises. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Balconies are side by side with no divide, this I didn't like, no privacy and easy access from one to the other.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear jesolodublin_10,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful historic property while staying in Miami Beach. Our location is great (right on the beach), our pool is relatively large for what you receive in Miami Beach (and is the only pool in the city with a deep end). I do apologize about the construction noise and hope you return as we will be adding another pool and further enhancing our already great facilities.