“Smooth Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa
“Smooth Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a great hotel with excellent staff who had a very friendly attitude. Jamie greeted us when we arrived and helped us with our luggage; awesome guy who gave us 110%. He made a lasting impression and was a personification of the atmosphere at this Courtyard Marriot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Brendon99,

Thank You for choosing us while in Miami Beach. I am excited you had a great stay and will pass your comments to Jaime as we share all feedback with our staff. Jaime is a great asset to the team.
We hope you stay with us again

Best Regards, Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend (Fri-Sun) and enjoyed myself very much. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the Tiki Bar was awesome. I only had to call 1 time about the tv and they sent someone right away to fix the problem. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the front if possible due to the construction. My room was nice & quiet (facing Collins...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear msb3001,

Thank You for the kind review and hope you return to see us again if ever in Miami Beach.

FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked a special vacation for my wife and 2 boys and paid extra for an ocean front room. The construction noise was AWEFULL as we could not open up the balcony door until after 7:00 PM. Our view consisted of a 4th floor room with a large palm blocking our view of the ocean & pool and the other side of our view was the construction site.

You could not even sit at the pool without earplugs due to the construction noise.

I am a frequent business traveler and I always have good experiences when I stay at the Marriott brands, but this was a complete waste of my personal money!

In addition, they want $32 a night to park your car and it takes 25 minutes to get it when you want it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear JM,

Thank You for staying with us in Miami Beach. I apologize for any construction noise you heard while on property, our goal is to ensure a great stay while you are here. I'd like to speak to you in greater detail - if you have time please contact at 305-538-3373. Also, our parking rates are actually in line with our competitive set of hotels in Miami Beach. As a historic hotel we are without on-site parking, thus the parking fee's. All Miami Beach hotels are in the same situation as these properties were built in an era with no parking. Lastly, I do apologize for any inconvenience you and your family may have experienced while with us.

Best Regards,

Harwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

we stayed seven nights very quick check in The room was lovely large and spotless.The breakfast was to die for such a large selection you must try the waffles.The staff were excellent could not do enough for you they would always come round in afternoon with free icelollys icecreams and snacks also a very good touch was the free water by the pool .If I was to come back to miami would come back to this hotel could not fault it in any way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Carly418,

Thank You for the kind feedback. I will share your comments with the team. We always strive to maintain a high level of service now and in the future. I hope we get a chance when you return.

Best Regards,

Naples, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a rare rainy weekend in Miami, my two kids and I were visiting a friend staying at the Courtyard from up north. We parked close, but still had to lug a cooler and a rolling suitcase to the door in the rain (didn't want to pay for valet for just a few hours stay). As soon as the valets saw me approaching, they ran to help. I just wanted to thank Rolando (sp?) especially for his help and kindness. He had a warm smile and was gracious even though I did not have tip money to give him. Hope fully his manager will read this instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear TracyKM,

I appreciate the note and I will be sure to pass this along to Rolando and the Valet parking Manager. Rolando is a great addition to the team and is a passionate customer focused associate.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm a local and needed a cheap room on The Beach for a night of a wedding at a hotel right down the road. It was Labor Day weekend and it was awesome not fighting a ton of people at valet, in the lobby or hallway of hotel.

The hotel is been totally revamped and looks nice. The room was great albeit a bit on the very small side and had an ocean front view.

The hotel still has construction on backside of hotel. Didn't really impact our stay but way noticeable.

Only complaints were elevators and valet (pretty standard complaints for SOBE :)). The elevators were extremely small and slow(er) and the parking garage where they store the cars must be blocks and blocks away - took about 15-20 minutes with no one else waiting to retrieve car.

This hotel is great for stopovers or short trips (i.e. cruises) or if someone is looking to have nice accommodations at reasonable price. If you are looking for party scene, this can be a good option because you can walk to/from Live/The FB as well as short cab to rest of SOBE.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view on a high floor (away from street)!
Dear S1Alex,

I appreciate you choosing the Miami Beach Courtyard Oceanfront. As a local (who made some great points), we are a great option on Miami Beach. The property is close to the action and is well maintained. Your feedback is truly appreciated and very well noted. I hope you come back if ever need a quick getaway locally.

Thank You again for choosing our great property

-Joseph LaFleur
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a lovely weekend at this hotel. Front desk were fantastic when we checked in. We were allocated a lovely room with a fantastic view over the ocean and pool. Breakfast was excellent!! We didnt notice any negative affects from the building work. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Wlou,

Thank You for visiting us in Miami Beach. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again with us!

Best Regards, Joseph LaFleur

Been to Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!