“Excited for my 1st visit. THE RATING IM GIVING IS BASED ON WHAT I EXPECT, AND THE REVIEWS PLUS ILL RERATE WHEN I DEPART” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Barbizon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
The Barbizon
You added The Barbizon to your Saves list
530 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had found this BARBIZON CONDO RENTALS off of craigslist. I received 1 picture, and it looks very nice. I am looking forward to a good time/stay. It says that it is a studio, and it is immaculate by the picture that was sent to me. I had spoke to Sergio the "landlord/Owner" of the building, he was polite, courteous, and seems laid back.
NYC TO MIA HERE I COME ! 2 WEEKS TO GO ! I Will rate it as soon as I come back. I am a travel agent so I can, and will recommend more places as I personally visit them. I CANT WAIT FOR MY VACATION ! SEE YOU SOON SERGIO. :-) I WILL GIVE MY 1ST EXPERIENCE RATING HONESTLY, AND PROFESSIONALLY AFTER ALL ACCOUNTS, AND MY VACATION ON SOBE IS COMPLETE. I will have pictures, and all so that there isn't any confusion about this rental, and I am also looking for future annual winter possible stays down there. See u soon !

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Location, location, location.

The Bad - Bathroom wasn't the cleanest and the room wasn't the most up to date.

The Good - But honestly for the location and everything else it was a steal. The neighbors weren't noisy. I can walk to the beach (room had umbrella, towels and other items).

The Deal - To be honest you would pay 3x more for a hotel on the beach that would give you much less. The lady who took care of the room was extremely accommodating.

At The End - I will DEFINITELY stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were a group of 4 females that traveled to Miami for a long weekend. After much research, I decided to rent unit 306 at the Barbizon. I have stayed at this location many times but I have never rented from Lucinda before. I'm always a little weary when I rent from companies/owners that I am not familiar with however, I had an excellent experience! The unit was clean, the location was excellent and all of the staff were very professional. The futons were fine for sleeping and the condo had everything we needed to get by for the weekend. I will definitely be renting from them again next time I travel to SoBe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sea Bright, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed in room 211 for two weeks, place was clean and presentable. It was my home away from home. I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you stay in South Beach you are going to hear the hustle and bustle of the night life, however I did not hear a thing. Yes the room needs some updating, all in all it was clean, safe and comfortable. Helina was a gem, very helpful and pleasant. It was a great little getaway. Even my dog enjoyed her stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed in this unit Jan of this year.
Unit was small and had some shortcomings. Floors dirty, Sink pluged, Kitchen not working properly ( cooktop missing Knobs) mould on ceiling in bathroom, need new tiles in bathroom Location great as we have stayed at the Barbizon before ( not this unit). Fridge leaking water, front desk girl rude, Cheap Ikea furniture in room ( bed tables eneeds to spend some money on this unit to make it acceptablend tables lamps etc) AC not working upon arrival ( was fixed)
We would stay at the barbizon again but not this unit.
Property manager was great. Owner needs to spend some money on this unit to make it acceptable.

Room Tip: Get room at front of building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Upon our arrival at Barbizon it was very hectic trying to find a parking space. We had to park 3 blocks away from the apartment. My friend Shannon and I arrived around 7:30 and the housekeeping manager proceeds to tell us that we have to pay a $20 late arrival fee. She clearly stated that the fee went into effect after 7pm. We paid the fee without double checking the welcome email and carried on. The apartment definitely needs some upgrading as far as the bathroom and kitchen goes. The room was deathly hot! Eighty degrees to be exact. The air conditioner was broken and we had to sleep in the eighty degree heat the first night. Helena told us to contact the owner to ask about receiving compensation for the first night of sleeping in the heat. The air conditioner was fixed the next day 12 o clock noon thankfully! There was an ironing board and no iron. The sheets smelled so we slept on our beach towels. The bed was rock hard. The curtains in the room were paper thin so the morning sunlight would shine right through when you are not ready to wake up, which is unfortunate when you want to sleep in. The towels and wash cloth looked worn and dirty, thank God I brought my own! You are only given two rolls of toilet paper for the duration of your stay. Well don't look for two brand new rolls. We only received a roll and a half. The hot water probably takes five minutes to kick in, and when it does it is scorching hot! It's basically somewhere to take a shower and sleep. Let's just say you get what you pay for! The night before checkout I did read my welcome email and I discovered that late check in is after 8pm. I called Helena and asked for my $20 back and she proceeded to lie and say we arrived after 8pm. Upon leaving I did call the owner to inform him of my weekend at his apartment and he seemed very concerned. He told me he would give me a call back after he speaks with Helena. Today is JULY 30th and I have yet to hear back from Tony the owner after several calls and emails.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The unit is nice, located close to shops, restaurants and the beach. It was clean and maintained. Can be noisy at times, specially when tenants do their laundry in the middle of the night down the passage.
The letting agent (karen) is very eager to get the booking but fails to follow through with good service. We had to wait a whole day and night before we received the wifi password and were also conned out of $75 of our security deposit.
We were only given 1 pair of keys (by john), which we guarded with our life's knowing if we lost it we would be charged for it. Because we left very early in the morning we left our keys as instructed in the reception area in full view of the cctv cameras only to be told a few days later that the second pair of keys were missing and that we would be charged $75 to replace it, when we disputed this profusely, they all of a sudden found it.....but still we were not refunded the $75.
Also take your own pen when signing in, as the door woman dont have such a thing at her desk. Also dont arrive too early before check in time as you wont be let in, we kinda snuck in with another tenant and then were able to wait in the lounge as such time as the letter-in-person (john) found us after sitting in the same lounge as us for about ten minutes.
Its more than six months later but still no refund. We enjoyed our stay, but feel we were ripped off at the end. $75 can buy one a nice meal and drinks, or a night in a hotel. Would go back if we knew we could trust the people involved.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Barbizon? Share your experiences!