“Astor may 2015” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   956 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #76 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Astor may 2015”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Is my review of hotel Astor, the exterior of hotel -well maintained free of trash and debris and we were greeted at the door. The first floor level of the hotel is done with green and blacks and the bar area and lounge are quite modern complimenting the style of the hotel and very pleasing to the eyes the bar staff was helpful and very attentive.
Some of the rooms in the hotel had been renovated recently. They were clean yes , but shows a tremendous amount of wear . Roon 302 was a a renovated. included a leather couch modern King bed. says pole mounted television . A room we were inutially given in the rear of the hotel probably the size of a large master bathroom I think it was 219 . the room that I stayed in was number 304 it was adequate in size the only problem I have is that room furniture looked old and broken. my complaint re hotel Astor was we were unaware the hotel also has party/club- the music at 1:30a.m. could be heard with all base on the third floor. We called the desk and I assume they turned the bass down somewhere because the music became tolerable . My rating for the hotel after is 2.5 stars - 1 star for the loud music - one star for the lack of hot water and towels. -.5 stars furniture and un even flooring in the rooms.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Hotel Astor last week with 4 other girls. It was great there were towels for us to take to the beach every time we went which we often did because it would rain and then stop. Towels could be a bit brighter/ whiter, but that was the least of our worries. The spacious room was clean, well decorated, & whenever we asked for extra towels they were there within minutes. The hotel staff was very friendly and hospitable. There was one guy who looked to be in his 30s or so who was a tad unfriendly about the beach towels, but aside from that everyone else was fantastic! I would definitely stay at Hotel Astor again. Its also great that they have a bar / lounge downstairs which you can go to and then there is also a bar area on the main floor as well as an outside deck. We plan to go back to Miami again next year and would love to stay at Hotel Astor. It's not very far from the beach and as a matter of fact it only took us about 7 minutes to walk to the beach however during that walk there's lots of hotels, restaurants, clubs, lounges and more in the nearbu area. You definitely will be in the scene to be seen in!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Bluegirl423,

Thank you so much for your kind words and the wonderful review on Trip advisor.

I wanted to also let you know that we are undergoing our soft refurbishment of our rooms and part of those changes will include but not limited to linens and terry, this will solve the towels concerns.

We are glad that you found our hotel to be fun, comfortable and a great location as well. I apologized if any of our staff seem not to be engaged, we really strike to have a great hospitality ambiance towards our guests.

Rest assures that we will look after that, we hope to see you soon in the near future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor.

Cheers,

info@hotelastor.com
Göteborg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was a little bit disappointed after all the good reviews on tripadvisor. Sure the hotel is in a good location and have friendly staff but the building and the furniture is very old and needs upgrade. There are better hotels for the same price in Miami Beach.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guess
Thank you very much for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.
Allow me to say that at the moment the hotel is under refurbishment and very soon it will be all upgraded.
We hope to have the opportunity to see you back in our hotel.

Once more, thank you very much for your observations.

General manager.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So my review was going to be wonderful because the location and the bartenders and employees are so sweet while your there however when you check out and they charge your card then thatrs a different story. So i need some extra time to get out of the hotel so the COO (i thought thats what he said his name starts with a B) I went to the front desk to ask them (which i went down there in my bathing suite and they thought i did not have any underwear on so i had to pull up my shirt before they could answer my question) if we could please have an extra hour to check out since we were waiting on uber and just a mix of things and he said yes that will be fine...the cleaning ladies need to get in there by 4 pm on Sunday (4/19/2015) because they have someone checking in at 5Pm that day he told us we could put our stuff behind the counter until that time...so we did.....fast forward to today 4/22/2015 and they are charging a late fee and a random fee at the bar which no one signed for so idk how that was possible since at every other hotel's bar ive been to always ask to sign something....SO the question is if you would like a relaxing vacation stay here its very nice...just make sure to watch out what your being charged for!!!!! Me personally i would never stay there again becuae i don't trust there accounting.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

BEWARE OF THE HOTEL: First of all, they will charge crazy fees for stay until 3 p.m. after the initial check-out time of 12 p.m. The room was not cleaned during my four day/three night visit. The bathroom is poor designed and water pour onto the floor.

DONT STAY HERE! Poor management and bad customer service.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
GVHA, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Antwan,

Thakn you so much for your review. It is so sad that you never mentioned anything about the issues you had, every time i encountered you and your friends you were always so happy an charming... I guest it was just while in Miami.

Yes, most hotels do have a late check out rate nad althought ours is below the actual standards i guess is really the only thing that made you not feel so confortable at the time of check out.

I hope you do visit us again in the future for i will always remember you and your group of friends.

Once again, thank you for the kind review and for taking the time to write us.

Cheers,

infor@hotelastor.com

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location!!! The room was clean. King size bed was comfortable. Wall are a bit thin. The staff are very nice and very helpful in everything that we needed!! They recommended their favorite restaurants. Theres 3 beach chairs that u can borrow from the hotel but they were always taken when we asked for them. They can lend you beach towel for the beach ( not very big) but it works. Beach is only 3 blocks away. Nice little outdoor seating area where we had a few drinks before heading out for a niht on the town!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guess,

Thank you very much for your comments; we are very happy that you did enjoy your stay with us.
We are looking forward to see you again.

Kind regards.

Glenn valencia.
General manager.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our room was very hot, 81 F, when we arrived so we closed the curtains and turned down the thermostat thinking maybe the warmth from the sun was preventing the room from cooling down. When we returned, the room had dropped to a balmy 79 degrees. We contacted the front desk and they came up and took the batteries out of the thermostat and then put them back in again... Still no cool air was blowing! He told me to climb up on a chair and see if it was cooler up there... "No, it's the same!". Then he told me, " Well, I will allow you to open the windows." OK, well, I opened the windows and it was exactly the same temperature outside with no breeze at all. I asked if we could have another room or barrow a fan and he looked at me like I'd asked for a Rolls Royce and told me, "Someone will look at it tomorrow, there's nothing more to be done." (Of course we are leaving tomorrow.)
I'm considering camping out in the lobby as it is much cooler down there!
On the bright side, there is free WiFi with which to write a review, and there is plenty of cold water for a cool shower before the sweltering night ahead!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Astor? Share your experiences!