“South Beach the Astor is the Best” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Astor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   956 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #78 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
“South Beach the Astor is the Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I've stayed at the Astor 3 times, each time it gets better, the service/staff are great, housekeeping great, rooms always clean. The Bar is great, great ambiance, music just right, great place to meet people and Talk the night away.

Room Tip: any room is Great
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Benito R, I will like to thank you for being a valuable guest at Hotel Astor. We appreciate your detailed review of your recent stay with us; we do our best to provide world class service to each guest.
Please contact me if you decide to return to Hotel Astor again at lpraman@hotelastor.com
Yours truly

Liza V Praman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Since I owned a dance record label, Step Ahead Recordings in the U.S., my label's Artists and DJs used to stay at Hotel Astor(Miami, South Beach) during the week of WMC(Winter Music Conference) once a year, Asides from being one of the best hospitality services in South Beach's area, the Owner himself is so into Electronic music and totally support the Conference by helped hosting quality events.

Room Tip: Best place to stay in South Beach for Clubbing actions
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Definitely the best choice on South Beach. The staff are all so lovely. We felt part of the "hotel family" within 24 hours and we would definitely return. Thanks to all the staff who are genuinely interested in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Chris on the front desk was so helpful and all his recommendations were brilliant. Deanna behind the bar was so entertaining and patient. Thanks to all of you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Deb W, Thank you for your kind comments about our true Hotel Astor service.
We are glad that were able to provide a relaxing and memorable stay. Thanks for your kind words about our associate Chris and Deanna, we all work very hard to provide great service to our guest and this recognition is very important to us. Thank you again and we are look forward to your next stay with us.
Best Regards,
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the hotel for vacation and we had an unbelievable time, one that we will never forget. If we ever go back we will stay Hotel Astor! We will highly recommend to our friends and family through social media to stay at Hotel Astor! The friendly and stress-free atmosphere of Hotel Astor made our trip even better. The manager (Liza) ensured that my friend and I were satisfied and our accomodations were met and that we were happy when we left the hotel, which we were. If there was a problem or issue she took care of it in a professional manner which we appreciated and made the stay more enjoyable. Our favorite guy (Chris), the man with the best suit and tie, customer service and personality in Miami South Beach. Chris gave us excellent recommendations for great prices for attractions in Miami. We ended up going with the $80 package that includes a boat trip, everglades and bus tour, which is an all-day event. Chris was ALWAYS helpful and thought just like my friend and I! The bartender (Alina) was beautiful and had me smiling at all times! The server in the morning (Elry) had a great personality, always was positive and looking to help us. The beautiful and gorgeous bartender (Daniella) was always happy, friendly, open minded about making new friends and always was happy no matter what time it was. The man at the front desk (Burak) was quite a character and did a great job at directing us in the right direction. He is a hard worker and a thoughtful guy. The room service was solid and even threw in some extra soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion to make us happy. The gentlemen at the door (Evens) was always ontop of things when he would see us comming to the door he would open the door no matter what time of the day or night. Once again (Chris) was amazing and we loved him so much and I loved how we did not have to worry about making to much noise and being stressed out about the prices because in the end of our stay it all worked out and we had a great trip! Thank you again hotel Astor and we will see you soon!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lightsout12. Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review about our hotel and employees. Its reason like this I love my job so much, knowing that our guest leave feeling very happy and pleased with their stay at Hotel Astor.
It was wonderful of you to mention the staff by names and it was beautifully will put the way you describe each staff and their personality. Am glad that you and your friend had a wonderful time and a safe trip back home to California, we the staffs at Hotel Astor look forward in seeing you both again.
Best Regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

A friend recommended this little gem on South Beach. the hotel is classic art deco and the staff are simply great especially the ladies in the bar and the guys at the door. they really were so helpful in telling us where to go and what to do.

The rooms are large in size for an Art deco hotel and with good bathrooms. I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was very much appreciated as i was traveling with my wife and we go to Miami more often. The hotel is few blocks from the beach , close to Lincoln road and very close to espanola wa,

The restaurant is not open but breakfast is served and is delicious and of great value. There is a great outdoor terrace very peaceful to relax and chill and in the evening the make great cocktails . I was given a voucher for happy hour which I thought was a nice touch and we met some more people.

I also realize that I was given a free breakfast because I booked the room directly with the hotel which i always do. I did not know when I booked but again another nice touch and would make me come back again.

This is hotel in how we like and see South Beach

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed in Hotel Astor for 7 days and LOVED every minute. It is in an extremely convenient and central location, everything we needed and/or wanted was within walking distance. The workers were well experienced and always friendly. Room service was prompt and helpful. Our room was well designed, clean and comfortable. If you're looking for a comfortable and affordable place to stay, this is it!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Danielless2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us.
Hotel Astor is conveniently located in the heart of South Beach. Our aim to impress our guest in all areas of our hotel, and we are happy to read that we succeeded. I am glad you had a safe trip back home and looking forward to see you back at our hotel.

Liza Praman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overcharge and have hidden fees ,charge for beach towels and things that you don't even use, wifi didin't work, very small tv, no water in the fridge, no hand soap in bathroom, the bathroom was dirty and had marks on the mirror.

• Stayed August 2014
LVPGM, Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Omar K. This is unacceptable I assure you that this is not the way we operate at the Hotel Astor.
Please contact me immediately at lpraman@hotelastor.com to rectify this issue.

Liza Praman

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Been to Hotel Astor? Share your experiences!