“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the fourth of July and it was worth it. The fireworks on the beach were big and beautiful. The rooms and hotel are exactly as advertised.. This hotel is centrally located in the heart of all the action of south beach. It is two blocks away from the beach and ocean drive. Everything is within walking distance. The restaurants are well located also; right next to the beach. The hotel is very clean and smells really nice! We are not very picky when it comes to hotels, we just want clean and comfort; after all, this is south beach and you aren't in the rooms that much. Anyway, the front desk always acknowledges you when entering and exiting. They even gave my husband and I directions and advice on sightseeing around town. We stayed down stairs and although the room was small, it did everything we wanted it to do. There was hot water, clean bathrooms and hardwood floors, fridge and microwave and the bed was very comfortable. Our television went out and someone came almost immediately to fix it. I say, stay here if you want affordable comfort and nice staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LVPGM, Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Jazell R Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such a great review regarding your visit to South Beach and your stay at Hotel Astor. I’m glad to hear that you had a wonderful time on 4th of July.

Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of South Beach, as you mention we are just walking distance from all there is to see and do on the beach.

We strive in giving our guest the finest customer service and it felt great to hear that our staff exceeded in this area both front desk and housekeeping.

I am glad you had a safe trip back home and looking forward to see you in the near future at Hotel Astor.

Sincerely

Liza Praman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We spent 2 nights in the Hotel Astor to finish our Florida trip. We were looking for an art deco hotel and this fitted the bill.

The rooms are very simple but comfortable with a fridge and coffee facilities.
It is very well located, it's a 10 minute walk from the beach and a 10 minute walk to Lincoln Avenue.
The staff were so friendly and helpful, it was a pleasure to stay there. Christopher was a gem and recommended some very good places to eat and made booking arrangements for us.

There is a nice patio area to sit back and enjoy a drink in the evening. We didn't get to try the restaurant or breakfast though so cannot comment on it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Edith S

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing such a positive review about our hotel and inform fellow travelers. We are indeed in a prime location close to Lincoln but even closer to the beach and hope you got a little sun tan.

You will be pleased that Christopher is beaming and he is sending his regards. I have posted your review on our staff noticeboard for all to read as we always aim to give best service possible.

I am glad you made it home safe to beautiful London and hope to be able to welcome you back soon to our boutique hotel in the heart of South Beach.

Warmest wishes
Liz
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I found this hotel on Orbitz by accident because all of the hotels on Ocean Drive were booked. I was surprised at how gorgeous the hotel was. The lobby decor is nice, the lounge is gorgeous, and the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and accommodating as well. However, after having to get up at 3am to catch our flight, we turned in early only to learn that the downstairs lounge plays loud techno music until 5am all weekend!!! We complained to the front desk and they apologized and waived our resort fee. But it would've been nice to get a little rest while on vacation. I hope they do construction to work on the noise problem. The walls are so thin that the music rattles the walls (depending on the location of the room). After the first night, we were moved to a higher floor but it didn't make much of a difference. The music still kept us awake. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE BEACH AND DON'T MIND STAYING UP LATE, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE. BUT IF YOU WANT TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP, DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Request to stay on the highest floor to avoid the noise in the lounge!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. It is of course with great disappointment that the noise during your stay was too much for which I can only apologize. I can inform fellow trip advisor users that we are already changing the way we play our music and allocate quite rooms to those people wanting to rest and those people who want party.
We always strive to be perfect knowing that we do make mistakes and your review only allows us to become better.

I am very happy to learn that like many of our customer the look and feel of the hotel exceeded expectations and that you enjoyed the service that you received.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to Hotel Astor and do not hesitate to contact me for a good night sleep! In the mean time I am glad that you are home safe in Chicago.

Liza Praman - General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff is nice, the hotel looks good, the room was OK, but the downstairs discoteque playing very loud music with an insisting bass made sleeping almost impossible. We checked in Thursday and the first two nights the music stopped at midnight, so we decided not to ask for a new room. But we should have, because Saturday night it went on and on and on until 4.30 AM. We tried earplugs, but the bass was so loud that it could be felt through the mattress and pillows. If you plan on partying all night, then this could be a hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor so you are not right on top of the discoteque
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am a frequent South beach visitor and I have stayed at different places before. I have previously stayed at Astor and because of the service and the cleanliness of this hotel I have decided to bring my family back here before our short cruise. We stayed at Astor before and after our cruise.

I would like to give a shout out to "BURAK EVENS" he was extremely friends, courteous and helpful. We were able to check in at 9:00 AM in the morning which was great because that's unusual with any hotels and I do understand it depends on rooms availability. In addition to let us check in early he have upgraded our rooms as well without us paying a penny extra. I really appreciate his great customer service and the service from the entire staff and it starts with the Bell service staff.

I had a great stay here and will always recommend my friends and family to stay.

Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in may. The hotel is very clean and very well situated. They even lend you chairs, towels and umbrellas for the beach! The staff were very nice and helpfull! The manager was constantly greating us, asking about our day and making recommandations of areas to see, activities to do which we really appreciated. We did however have a problem with the hotel. On the 1rst 2 nights we were there, the bar or club in the basement of the hotel was playing its music so loud that we felt like we were in the club in our room on the top floor. The room was even trembling because of the vibration ( I am not exagerating ) it went on until 3 or 4 AM. So we barely got any sleep. However the remaining days it quieted down and we had a nice stay. The wifi wasn't great in our room but it was good in my parents room so i guess it depends were you are in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
liverpool uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have just spent a 2 week vacation at the Astor , my 3rd stay at this hotel , and even tho under new management , my stay didn't disappoint .
I love this Art Deco treasure , perfect location , close enough to everything , yet just set back enough not to feel too touristy .
Rooms are spacious and my king size deluxe room seemed huge with it's corner leather white sofa fitting in well with the Miami vibe .
All the staff are very helpful and polite , thanks in particular to Diandra the bar tender , who looked after me well at cocktail hour , and who may I say is an asset to this hotel . Give that chik a pay rise!!!! I will look forward to staying here on my next Miami visit . Well done guys!!! And thankyou ..

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor as there is a nightclub attached to the hotel and the music gets loud...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Astor? Share your experiences!