“Great girls getaway” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   956 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #76 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great girls getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here for a girls getaway. Clean hotel and the staff was very kind especially Adrian and Evens! Close walk to the beach and nightclubs. Book your hotel room I would definitely go back. Great price and great stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

From the moment I checked in till the moment I checked out everyone was extremely courteous and pleasant. The Astor staff treats you like family and make sure you feel at home. One of the employees "Chris" even knew me by name through out my short stay. I will definitely be staying at the Astor again.

• Stayed May 2014
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The best thing is they make you feel home at the Astor. The staff is all kind and friendly and ready to help anytime...Rooms are very clean and well taken care of... The hotel is located just a block from ocean front--quiet yet so in the crowd! Chris Burak and Evans were really super kind and helpful. I definitely recommend this hotel...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for staying at Hotel Astor. We're glad that you enjoyed your visit, and we highly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again!
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I would like to thank Hotel Astor for making my last trip to South Beach a memorable one! However this trip wouldn't have been a success without your front desk employee: Chris!

When it comes to Miami, I typically come to party and only party. The restaurants are usually subpar and the customer service is almost always atrocious. This was far from the case at Hotel Astor. From the moment I walked into the lobby to the moment I exited I received nothing but top notch service from Chris. He explained "Your name is Chris and my name is Chris, so I definitely need to look out for you" but I know he was just being modest. Chris took the time to learn about me, while not being invasive. He told me about the top clubs in the area and even found time to give me coupons for these hot spots! He had great attention to detail, and I truly believe that he will be a valuable asset to this hotel for years to come!

I will most definitely be returning to the Hotel Astor!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for staying at Hotel Astor. We are very glad that we were able to help make your trip a success! The team definitely appreciates your feedback, and we will be happy to host you again.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was a lucky find, perfectly positioned outside the hoi-polloi of Ocean Avenue and with every charm. A small hotel with everything that one could wish for... close to that hoi polloi aforementioned, Wolfsonian Musuem and easy walk to Lincoln Avenue; and for this writer, a dream come true in terms of proximity to the beach and the Deco District. I set up my "Miami Office" outside on the terrace area, both morning and evening and much hilarity had when skyping back to Sydney for conference calls in the lobby. My first night (after a messy arrival from Orlando) found me in the room above the bar/night club of the hotel; but all quickly and swiftly sorted for this elderly traveller. Spoilt for choice with restaurants/bars and handy hint - no laundry service in hotel, but groovy and reasonable place on corner of Washington and 12th. With particular thanks to Miguel at front desk and his staff, and the absolutely delightful Elry who catered to my every Australian whim. I JUST loved my room. One can borrow hotel bikes if so minded - I was not only because of the driving on the other side of the road business.

Room Tip: If you don't want to stay up all night dancing, perhaps not a room above the bar/night club
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for visiting Hotel Astor. We are glad that you had a successful stay, and we appreciate your feedback. Please return whenever you're in the area!
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

What a nice place! We stayed on the first and last nights of our recent trip to Miami. We also stayed at the Loews so we didn't expect this hotel to impress us at all. Our room was upgraded to a suite with a balcony overlooking the garden cafe where we had a nice breakfast one morning and then the best mojitos on another afternoon. We rode bikes down to the beach. It was great. The people were so nice, Evens helped us with our bags, the bikes, the car - what a nice guy! I wish I had asked the other people's names because everyone was so helpful. Did I mention how good the moitos were? You should definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Astor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit- we always love feedback. Please come again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a cute boutique (Art Deco) hotel in a great location. This was my second time staying there and I would definitely book with them again. It's only a few blocks from the beach and the nightlife. The staff is SUPER friendly and the room service breakfast is AMAZING! The only con would be that they have a lounge downstairs that might play music until 4 or 5am, not a problem for me but if you want to relax and get some rest this is probably not the best place.

• Stayed April 2014
LVPGM, General Manager at Hotel Astor, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thanks for staying at Hotel Astor. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your visit! We highly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hotel Astor? Share your experiences!