“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at the Astor Hotel for two days .Was greeting by warm friendly staff who parked the car and made the check in process smooth and swift. The rooms are huge and full of wonderful features and extras such as robes,etc. The beds were enormous and very luxurious.
Reception staff were very welcoming . The breakfast was fantastic. A lovely lady served me both days, addressing me by name and chatting, which was lovely, especially as I was on my own.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went to south beach for 2 days and stayed at this sassy boutique hotel. It was very homey like and very cute. The service was great and I have to thank Chris Saba for giving me a go to map. to help me plan out my vaca. I didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel but Chris said that their food was really good and that the restaurants chefs were all excellent. I went to Daves cafe, Puerto Sagua, chalan, and two other restaurants. Chris was a good person and very professional. I think he was cute. He was very detailed about all of these places and the type of service offered. I was impressed. I will definitely stay at Sense again. The rooms were cute and beautiful. I especially liked the showers. and been able to walk from the beach right up to my room. It was all fabulous Thanks

Sharon

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Or maybe a little less.

The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are nicely decorated. The building has a lot of original Art Deco elements, as do many hotels in south beach.

My main issues was with the service. Upon check in, I noticed the shower was leaking water. Told the front desk immediately and they took down our room number. When we returned later that night, it had not been fixed. The next day, after a long day of sightseeing, we came back to find that no one had come to make the bed, much less fix our shower. We did not have the do not disturb sign up and left well before anyone would have come by. In total, we stayed 3 nights, with no housekeeping! When we told the front desk, all we were offered were additional towels, not even an apology!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room by the elevator - you will hear it all night!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've stayed at the Hotel Astor for a bachlorette weekend before. Last time I stayed we had two rooms (for 6 girls) both were really large and beautiful and the experience was great. This time we booked the hotel once more for another bachlorette weekend (for 7 girls, to be split into two rooms of 4 and 3). One of the rooms was really nice, however the other room was tiny - definitely not designed for 3 people. A very helpful and sweet girl (Leslie) working in the front who did her best to accommodate us and was only able to move us the next day. So we had one night in a tiny cramped room and one in a beautiful large room. (Room 117, 217, etc - nice room but small, definitely not good for more then two people). The hotel used to have a bar - which it no longer has, and no more happy hour. But the service was good, the rooms were clean, and the bathrooms very nice. We were very happy with the stay and if it weren't for the initial cramped room, and the somewhat - less then friendly manager - it would be a perfect stay, in a perfect hotel for a group of girls celebrating for the weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Hotel Astor for 5 days while visiting South Beach, Miami. The hotel staff were very pleasant and welcoming. They even upgraded our room at no cost! It's a very clean but quiet hotel, which is a nice getaway since Ocean Drive never seems to go to sleep. I think what I loved best was its close proximity to everything - the beach, great restaurants, nightlife, and shopping. It's located on Washington and 10th which is 2 blocks from Ocean Dr, walking distance! I'd also like to add that our last day we had a late evening flight but had to check out at 11 like everyone else, we decided to spend our last day at the beach and left our luggage at the hotel. When we came back the hotel manager was kind enough to give us a room at no cost to shower and freshen up - now that's what I call great customer service! Thank you Hotel Astor!

Room Tip: Look for deals online. Because if I had booked this hotel directly, it would've been much more e...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every year for my annual vacation/birthday!!! I always get the Astor Suite which I also love. If you want to be at a place with an at home feel this is your spot. The location is the best to put you within two blocks of any club,beach,eatery,that you want to be at. The staff always remember you by name and is extremely helpful. I will never stay anywhere else when in Miami.

• Stayed April 2013
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was one of the more reasonably priced hotels in Miami Beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. The beds were really comfy. Either they lowered the resort fee or charge me less it was only 11 a day instead of the quoted 15. Really convenient that thy had beach chairs to use. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Astor? Share your experiences!