“Perfect to party” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami Beach, Florida
“Perfect to party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you are going to spend the night out, and not drink & drive it's perfect. Because the thin walls will allow you to listen everything. Definitely request a room in the second floor. The front desk people is moody.

Room Tip: Second floor
Green Features: It is pretty OK. The room looked very clean. Very concious and environmental friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband (fiancé at the time) and I stayed at the Clifton Hotel in Spring 2013 when we visited for the weekend and we had a positive experience. The room & bathroom were clean & modern and the staff was friendly & helpful. We also loved that it was within walking distance to the beach and the Art Deco district of Miami.

Green Features: The hotel implemented environmentally-friendly practices such as water-conserving toilets, furniture and linens made from recycled materials.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsey S
Randers, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Don’t ever use this hotel or any hotel in the Ascend Hotel Collection chain. We were visiting the hotel 2 times during our Christmas holidays 2013. The first time we checked in using my husband’s credit card and the second time we used my credit card. We had paid for both stays before arrival, so we only had to pay for local tax and valet parking. When we left the hotel the first time we paid in cash and the second time I signed a bill for 178 USD and accepted that they could draw it on my account. When we were back in Denmark we could see, that they have also withdrawn USD 203,99 on my credit card and the same amount at my husband’s. We contacted the Clifton hotel directly and they mailed back that it was a mistake and they would transfer the money back to us. As we didn’t receive any money we contacted them several times but without result. Then we contacted our Danish travel agency Top Tours and they contacted their hotel agent in US “Tourico Holidays”. Still Clifton hotel refuses to refund the money and they still claim, that they have not withdrawn the money from any of our accounts. We have mailed all receipts from our bank showing the hotel name or address, and still they refuse. Whether it is an employee at the hotel who has misused our credit cards or it is the hotel itself, we do not know. Clifton hotel was the only place during our holiday that got a copy of both my husband and my credit card, so no doubt that the misuse took place at the hotel – and the receipts also show the hotel name/address. Our Danish bank has now lawyers on the case and we hope to get our money back – but we do not believe in it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kristian W

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at the Clifton in Miami before my cruise and I can't say enough horrible things about this place. It is a pure dump!! First they charged my credit card for accidentals instead of just putting a hold on my card like most hotels and charge my credit card for resort fees which it is far from being that! The hallways has an old red light like the "twilight zone" and reminds me of a college dorm room. The bedroom carpet was flithy and the bed matress looked like it was placed on the floor because it was so low to the ground. They claim to be a "green" hotel only to save on cost for a real head board which is a joke! The only thing that was nice about this place is the bathroom which was clean. I am not the biggest hotel snob but this place in my option should be remodeled or closed down. I forgot to mention that it was a bar downstairs with a limited amount of cheap liquor and a bartender with a serious attitude! Hey, however, the location was great and close to the beach is all I have to say. If you are ok with what I accurately described about this hotel..go for it! To me, it was unacceptable!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chenderson
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I would have given it a 5 star for the value I got, but the clerks at the front desks were so cold. They did not greet you properly and all they cared was to get your signatures for the charge. The location is good, very close to everything. The hotel is still under remodeling. The new rooms are very clean and with modern decor though. Wi-Fi only worked in the main building which only has the dining room. So basically wifi is non-existent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Montclair, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

When we arrived there was major raod construction on Collins. The driver of our car had to let us off a block away as the road was closed in front of the hotel. Thankfully it was damp so there was no dust from all the construction. Half the road was open the next morning.
The young man that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. He was there for the first few days of our 6 night stay and looked a bit ragged around the edges by day three. The same with the young man who was there for the weekend. By Sunday he looked beat. but still cheerful.
The rooms were clean and compact, not much room to unpack and get really comfortable, basically had to live out of my suitcase as there was not enough closet and drawer space. The beds were comfortable but uncomfortably low to the floor, not being as young and spry as I used to be I had difficulty getting up from the bed which was basically a box on the floor.
The bathroom was clean but a bit cramped, very nice toiletries but the towels were less than adequate. The towels were thin and frayed and on two occasions the the bath towels ripped while using them, The beach towels were much bigger, sturdier and fluffier.
The walls in the hotel were paper thin, a friend was in the adjoining room whose shared door did not have a key. We were able to hold a conversation through the wall. I won't mention the sounds we heard from other rooms occasionally during our stay.
The lighting was dim but harsh and the everchanging light show in the hallways as well as the lighting of the facade reminded me of a brothel.Our windows overlooked an ally with bicycles and scooters chained to the palm tree there.
There was a bar in the sparse lobby which was never open during our stay and we heard it through the grapevine not to try the breakfast.
The hotel IS convenient to the beach and other attractions in the area. For an overnight or two day stay the hotel was not bad. But if you are looking for a little more comfort and luxury...move on.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Compared to the swanky hotels in South Beach, this is a budget option. Should have paid more as my wife gave me hell for a month after. You get what you pay for! The location is good and a multistorey carpark nearby means you do not have to pay for valet parking. The room was clean; a bit small but adequate. Reception guys were good, the girl surly. Breakfast, in the lobby, a joke; we tried it once then eat out. This is not a bad place, just not very good. And not worth the $145 per night I paid. Don't bother with the Miami bus tours, expensive waste of half-a-day, as all the action is nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple