“Dont Stay at the Beekman Please!” 1 of 5 stars

Beekman Hotel Suites on the Ocean
9499 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33154   |
Ranked #192 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Dont Stay at the Beekman Please!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

my husband & I were supposed to stay there in 2001.... We went there expecting a decent much more up to date hotel & as soon as we got there it looked like Bates Motel...Rundown, non english speaking staff with the exception of one man. The elevator doors were old & rickity....crooked & unsafe from what I can tell...u have to walk thru a dirty garage to get to the pool....& the outdoor balcony was not what it looked like on the website... we had a dungeon door that locked us out!!!!!! The staff was outright rude, & we ended up making other arrangements to stay at a much more up to date hotel elsewhere....THANK GOD.... oh, and as for the room service....cold sandwiches & chips served only until 4 pm....haha...what a joke......AWFUL PLACE>do not go! The only good thing was that the room was at least clean.

Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2004

The office staff were rude and arrogant. Most were Spanish and seemed uncomfortable with English as a second language. The room we rented was dirty; maid service was non-existent. I deliberately left garbage on the floor to see if it was vacuumed up and it was not. The water pressure in the hotel was nonexistent, and taking a hot shower was impossible. The sink in the bathroom was falling off the wall. The heated pool was dirty, full of sand; water green in color. The pool tiles were broken, and I cut my foot on one of them. No maintenance staff around. The outdoor hottub was dirty, never cleaned while we were there. We initially booked for a week and left after two days. We would have left earlier except it was difficult during March break finding another hotel. This hotel should be condemned.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2004

THis place i terrible. no one there under 70. Its a geriatric hotel- smells like urine and no updates since 1940

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2003

It all started with check-in and went downhill from there. Rude employees who probably don't want to work there. (Can't blame them). Going into your room is like going into the 50's. Picture this: Bedroom consisted of twin beds ( king was requested and confirmed) ....with a small table between them. Something you would see on the Dick Van Dyke show. Even had a vanity chair . Bathroom was small, dark and dirty. Brown in color. Light bulbs in the rooms were about 15 watt. All appliances were rusted and stained. The cafe, you just wouldn't believe me if I told you. Ditto with the swimming pit. (This is not a typo). Jacuzzi? Is that what that hole in the ground was? Lounge chairs (circa 1940) were made of wood. Badly needed sanding and painting. They had a ping pong table outside that stood like the leaning tower of Pisa. No net, No balls and no paddles. Table only! Hard to believe something this dingy and ugly is so close to Bal Harbour.

denver, co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2003

Maybe if I was in college, and I was drunk the whole time, and had a discounted rate, this hotel would be tolerable; however, this was a business trip where I paid a "discounted" rate of $128/night (down from $169...what a joke!). The hotel was so old, dirty, and in desperate need of renovation. The hotel staff was unbelievably rude. For example, when I checked in with my friend who wasn't even staying there, I was told that my junior suite was only for two people (an emphasis on two) as if I was going to have a party there! The room was so out-dated, fake flowers on the table, old furniture, cheap ceiling lamps hanging by wires, 70's style brown bathroom, no iron or ironing board, brown-stained mattresses, old dirty blankets, scary kitchen, and to top it all off, the room was infested with ants. When I checked into my room, the door to the balcony was completely open, may explain how the creatures got in! There was no ice machine nor soda machine in the hall...I was scared to venture onto other halls to check. Also, beware there is a 7 day cancellation notice prior to the reservation date or you will endure a cancellation fee...or even worse, you might have to stay there!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2003

There were many problems with this place. #1 was false advertising. Twenty year old pictures were used on the internet and brochures which show this hotel with all great ocean views. In reality, it is hemmed in by a huge apartment building. Our eleventh floor room was spitting distance from a monster apartment building.
Other problems: Cafe - a joke, forget about it; Pool & Whirlpool - tiny, dirty area; One bedroom suite - musty, broken light bulb, only one old TV, remotes don't work, sofa sleeper mattress paper thin, NO amentities like coffee; General - kosher cooking and marijuana smells abound; Entertainment? - hang out in the lobby and listen to all the complaints. Overpriced!

Been to Beekman Hotel Suites on the Ocean? Share your experiences!