“Rundown Dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alamo

Save Saved
You added Alamo to your Saves list
Alamo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4121 Indian Creek Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #185 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Hamilton
“Rundown Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We booked this hotel "BLIND" on Hotwire because it was advertised as a 2 Star Hotel in the Miami area at 65% off the original cost of $180 per night,,,, well come to find out anyone could book a room at this dump for $80 a night which is what Hotwire charged us claiming this was 65% off!!

As soon as we found out which Hotel we had booked we looked online and found that most reviews were very bad and that this is a rundown dump of a Hotel. As we were only staying one night we deiced to take a chance and stay there since we had already paid (Hotwire would not change the hotel or refund us our money)!

Upon arrival at the Hotel we found that the reviews were spot on,,, this is a total dump that I wouldn't even rate a 1 star Hotel,,, in fact I would rate it one step up from crack house,,, maybe!

The room had a bad smell,,, the furnishings were VERY old,,, the entire Hotel is in very poor condition and is in desperate need of being tron down! We would not recommend this place to anyone! The only saving grace was the bed wasn't too old and we felt it was clean,,, outside of that it is a total dump!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel is really worthy when you get a price of $25 per person each at that location! The room is big enough for four people, and it is nice and clean; not only that, there is a microwave and a fridge in my room. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The hotel have a really good location. It's not far from the beach, and have many bus stops(including the bus #150 to Miami International Airport) near by, which is extremely convenient to go to either Miami Beach downtown or Miami downtown. Don't respect too much if you used to stay in five-star hotel, but it's really ideal hotel to live in for the people who doesn't have that much requires. If I come to Miami Beach again, I'll still choose this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with StudentUniverse

Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Advertised as free refunds and free parking but there is a 48 hour cancelation policy and the free parking is five or six spaces at the front of the building so plan on paying around $34.00 a day to park. I did not stay here after seeing the room I found another hotel. Even if the room is offered for free I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hell, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked this blindly via hot-wires secret specials. Once reading the other reviews I was terrified of what I would find once I arrived. Well I was totally surprised to find a 1/2 decent place. The place from the outside looks nothing like the pics i recall seeing online. the location is ideal, as it was SUPER close to Miami flyer bus stop (i was coming in late from the airport Jan 1). It was only a 20 min walk down to the fabulous south beach area too. The place was clean, the guy at reception (a young Russian?? gentleman) was totally helpful and friendly. The room was absolutely clean, and even better than a motel 6 (which i was thinking would beat the pants off this place based on others reviews). The bed comfy, the bathroom clean and well stocked with expected amenities. Sure the place is on the older side, but for $88usd all in, vs the other hotels hotwire had available from $300 and up-crappy time of year to going through Miami for one night-this was really a pleasant surprise. I don't know if the owner has done more work on the place or what, but I would totally stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

It's true that this hotel is old, but as mentioned in other review, if you paid really low price (e.g. 20$/person) keep your expectations low and you will be happy with your stay! To reflect on some previous reviews:
• The hotel has now a new, functional elavator
• No bed bugs
• Staff was not very talkative, but wouldn't consider them unfriendly
• There is free parking in front of the hotel. When I got to the hotel all places were taken, so I just parked at a meter nearby. About 2 hours later, I moved my car to one of the free hotel spots.
• Very close to the beach. About 20 minutes by bus to South Beach.
• Bathroom was really old, but we didn't have any mold there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This place shouldnt be open by any means. It is old and the people who works there are not friendly at all. They are mean specially the lady in the front desk, the receptionist if you can call her that. They are doing false advertisement when they say you have free parking cause you dont. Overall they should close down..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The property is old, but me and my friend enjoyed our stay. If you go there with low expectation and paying it cheap then it should be fine! I would come back to this hotel, granted the room would be cheap.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Alamo? Share your experiences!