“Saved from a Cancelled Flight!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #32 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Saved from a Cancelled Flight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

While on a business trip, my flight home was cancelled (NY snow storm!). The hotel I was previously staying in was booked for the night and I needed to find a place STAT! Thankfully, Room Mate not only had availability, but they accommodated my request for an early check-in so I could continue my work day, virtually, uninterrupted. The rooms are a bit small, but was no real issue for me. The room was clean. The staff was wonderful and very friendly. Location is great, especially for non-business travelers. Biggest draw back was the noise, but they kindly provide ear plugs which is helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
lazaro F, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi Rebecca
We have very good comments but your one is sweet, very sweet from you appreciating something that some times and I still dont understand, is not even mentioned at all, and is the way we take care of everyone from the first time they get in touch with us. For us is simple, treat the others as you would like to be treated, but seriously the way youve said it has been realy touchy
Thanks again for your what youve said, and be sure we are waiting for you any time you would like to come back
Fernando Ruiz-Casaux
G Manager

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there recently for one night before our cruise. My husband had emailed them before we arrived letting them know we were on honeymoon. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist when we arrived who congratulated us and told us we had been upgraded to an ocean view room. The room was very nice, compact but containing everything we needed and very clean. They had decorated the room with rosé petals and balloons which was a nice touch. We stayed in 3 different four star hotels in Florida as part of our trip and this is the only one who made any fuse over us as a honeymoon couple. You could hear some noise from the street at night but this did not bother us and I think it is unavoidable if you want to stay on ocean drive.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friend and I came stayed here on the weekend and we had a great time!

The front desk Isbel (if im not mistaken) was very nice and accommodating.

The room was clean and has a modern look. Overall our experience was good I will definitely came back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautifull and of modern Style, The staff is kind and professional, The rooms are clean, and The hotel position, at The Middle of ocean drive, is The best to visit Miami beach. They gave us a complimentary upgrade for free.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
lazaro F, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Lia C,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear that our team was helpful. Please come back anytime you wish, as this is also your home now.

Kindest Regards,
Lazaro Flores
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great location, fatastic room with a slick new modern design (we booked ocean front view suite, 3rd floor), weren't bothered by noise at all (earplugs were in the room but we didn't need them), mind you: windows can't be opened
only weird thing's the elevator and the fact that the only entrance to the hotel is via it's Ocean Drive restaurant which makes check in and check out awkward

Room Tip: like i said, 3rd floor ocean front view suite is awesome
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The location was great, located in the heart of Ocean Drive. The building was in an old art deco building with nothing exceptional on its restoration. On the outside terrace there was the primetime all day restaurant that didn’t make you feel like entering a hotel (same with most of the hotels in Ocean Drive).
The room was specious, but not with ideal space allocation. The decoration was interesting (though not really my style). The view was open but not good (air-conditioning outlets on the rooftop of the opposite building/limited side view to the beach front). Cleaning was not thorough (half of the days the forgot(?) to renew the bathroom amenities). Refrigerator was making an unpleasant noise.
Was unlucky to be in Miami in cold days (8 degrees Celsius at night) and the air-condition could not shift from cool to heat. We complained about this three nights. The hotel staff could not really do something, until the manager got involved to conclude that there was nothing to be done. He was sincere and apologetic. I understand that this was an unfortunate event but at the end what you expect from a hotel is a good night sleep which we didn't have for three days. And other than the apologies it would have been appreciated if they had made any nice gesture to counterbalance the bad effect that this had.
I believe that for the $180,00 that we paid per night were rather a lot, regardless of this unfortunate event.

Room Tip: Room 305 on the top floor was facing the 9th it had an open view but not good (air-conditioning outl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is great. The staff are so accommodating. The young lady who checked us in (and out) was absolutely amazing. She was kind, helpful and informative. I felt like my business was appreciated and I was valued as a guest at the hotel. The room we stayed in wasn't the largest but it was very modern (eco friendly) and they make sure to include all of the little things like your name digitally showing up on the phone, ear plugs in case Ocean Drive gets too loud for you, and a in room surround system. Overall, it was great, it's not a very pretentious 4 star hotel but it's not a crappy 2 star dirty linen place either. The location and accommodations were exactly what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask about the space available in the rooms. We had a King and it was kind of tight.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
lazaro F, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear tsj1908,
Let me tell you that I was so impressed with your comment that I read it twice. I'm very happy hearing about your experience with us, let me tell you that we really struggle towards the guest satisfaction in every aspect we can reach, so really thanks a lot for your time and kind words, but what I really liked from this comment was the way you focus life, which on the other hand it’s the way all of us should, only because we and only we, are going to be the firsts benefited from it the most.
As you say this is not a 4 star hotel,with 24 hour service, heated pool, sauna, etc, etc, but for the hotel we are, we try to please everyone in every moment, our rooms are not as big as a 5 one but they are very well decorated, kept always clean, cute taken care I would say, nothing pretentious but you felt treated in the over all as a “marquise”, your time with us was a nice thing.
Thanks for letting us know how to appreciate the little things done with love and make them a special time
Know from advance that we are always here whenever you want.

Fernando Ruiz-Casaux

Been to Room Mate Waldorf Towers? Share your experiences!