“Best spot and excelent service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #48 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best spot and excelent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and it's the perfect spot to discover Miami Beach and specially the cosmopolitan Ocean Drive. The hotel has a wonderful service, the staff is very helpfull and they provided an excelent stay. I definitely recommend it to friends!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Natalie M, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your very kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Room Mate Waldorf Hotel and that you found the hotel was very comfortable and modern.

I am very pleased to hear that our teams were helpful. It is always our aim to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Room Mate Waldorf Hotel on a future visit.

Best regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Belo Horizonte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 31/01/2013 to 04/02/2013. The facilites are cleand and well located. The building, in Art Decó style, is totally renewed from inside. Staff is helpful and bilingual (English and Spanish). A bit noisy at night, due to the bars located in the avenue, but nothing that could compromise a night of rest. Although, for someone looking for quietness, I would recommend to do not stay at Ocean Dr..

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Ocean Drive.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for your great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your beautiful room and got to take advantage of our awesome location. We appreciate your nice comments about our front desk staff, and hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back and take care of you for another great stay.

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

once again, we enjoyed our stay a lot: perfect location, very nice&clean rooms, friendly service - I even got a bday surprise in my room :)
of course, there are always small things to complain about if you wanna find something; for example the low preasure in the shower (for environmental reasons) wasn't an improvement; and keep in mind: it's ocean drive...it can get noisy at night; you might wanna use the ear plugs they provide

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us, and sharing your nice comments about our staff! All of us here at Roommate Waldorf take great pride in what we do, and we loved being able to take care of you both. We are very happy the you spend your birthday with us .We hope that you will come back and visit us soon, so until then, take care

Kindest Regards,
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Loved the hotel. staff very nice. had a problem with allergies to the air conditioning that was solved in a very satisfactory and pleasant way. Wonderful location on South Beach and near to the action. did not mind the noise and they do offer you earplugs. stayed 6 nights and will certainly be back. the guest on the room on top of mine was noisy and weird at night but that was not the hotel´s fault.
the restaurant is not part of the hotel but the prices are what you get in SoBe. the food is nice and so is the breakfast choice. plenty of other places nearby to choose from.
did not choose valet parking because the hotel warned that it would take some time. there is a very convenient parking on the next street and there was no problem whatsoever.
one my best hotel experiences in Miami so far.

Room Tip: ocean front and higher floors. preferably top floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I went to Miami for a Carnival Cruise and decided to arrive 1 day early to enjoy South Beach and get an early start to vacation with my wife. After arriving I realized it was Art Deco weekend and Ocean Dr was closed and could not park at hotel (this would be nice to know). Called the hotel and was advised could park with the valet one st over so problem solved. Drag all our luggage to hotel, squeeze through the outside restaurant area up front steps into a crowded, small lobby and get no warm and fuzzies from the counter, was told to wait cause there was someone ahead of me. Other people arrived and after 45min
sitting the lady starts to help people who arrived after me so I go to her and ask to be helped and I get a guilt trip saying don't be mad at me and I was totally calm just trying to get a room, and finally told i don't even have a room and get sent to Avalon hotel 2 blocks down. Why is it I waited this entire time for a reserved room just to get sent in the wrong direction first of all with all our luggage, end up at 11th to realize Avalon is down on 7th. Are you feeling my pain yet, all the while I just wanna put my feet in the sand before I lose the only day I get to stay before the cruise departs, but instead I'm dragging my luggage now to 7th and remember already paid $25 to park a block further from Waldorf past 9th, after calling about where to park and never advised no room available. Bottom line is this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I have no respect for this place. Go anywhere else, The Avalon Hotel had a nice staff but I got a room half the size, and still paid same price and was told I was getting an upgrade when moved from Waldorf to Avalon. Next day I go to the valet to pick up my car realize nobody there so we go back to the Waldorf to figure out where to get our car back. So they advise they will get it, but it will be about 15min. As we are waiting the same lady who moved us to the Avalon goes to the bar and grabs a bottle of Sparkling Wine and cups and says here you go with cups to drink as if to make a nice gesture but salmon creek sparkling wine is gross and I'm trying to "drive" back to return my rental car and in the meanwhile I'm to drink a cold bottle of gross in their hotel lobby in the 15min I have to wait on the rental, otherwise it becomes open container if want to take the bottle with, I also needed to get the car back on time to avoid additional fees, not taking into consideration the new car pickup spot plus 15min to retrieve the car via valet. Consider me your most unsatisfied person you never even had as a customer. I should have slept like a bum on the beach. Would have been more satisfied by mother nature. You should provide me a complete refund and stay on you at Avalon Hotel when you invite someone to pay and stay with you from 1000+ miles away and don't honor a stay in your room. Not my fault.

Room Tip: If you want good customer service go somewhere else. I will never book this place or recommend to an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this Hotel for 5 nights as a suprise for my wife and it was a surprise for my wife. I emailed the Hotel in advance as it was a very special occasion asking them to provide us with some Chilled Champagne in our room on our arrival, I emailed them about a couple of weeks before we arrived but got absolutely no response and again early on the day with our arrival time (attaching the original email) and I specified that if they were unable to do this, just let me know and I would make other arragements. I had absolutely No response at all and No Champagne in the room.
When we arrived it was very warm and we had a lot of luggage but we were not offered any assistance in taking it to the room.
Anyway, the room was smaller than expected and there seemed to be an issue with trying to hold water in the wash basin as there was no plug. The room safe was not working and we were not offered any other option to keep our valuables but it was fixed some 24 hours later.
The parking is expensive at $25 a day and we were charged in advance...we took a trip to Key West for 2 of the 5 days that we stayed so never used the car parking and they refused to offer us a refund for the 2 days that we were away!
We purchased 2 drinks from the Bar inside as were speaking/socialising with people because they were leaving and the weather was very pleasant outside, we asked if it was OK to take the drinks and sit outside with them. We were told at the bar this was ok but when we got outside and asked which table could we sit on we were shown to a table and was given a stern telling off for purchasing our drinks from the Bar, which we were very unhappy with.
We decided to order another drink and which was a cranberry and Vodka and a Jack Daniels and coke and we were charged $75 but this included a tip. We asked if this was correct and he said it was, we just could not believe that it was that expensive for 2 drinks. Needless to say we didn't drink at the Hotel again. Don't get me wrong, I am not one to scrimp, but I think $75 for two basic drinks is exorbitant.
I have to say, despite reading all the Hype, I felt nothing but disapointment when staying at this hotel. The impression that I got was that I was a paying a privalige to stay at this Hotel because of it's location and I never once felt like a valued customer!
A real shame!!

Room Tip: Don't Get the Ocean View as you will never get a good nights sleep without ear plugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Natalie M, General Manager at Room Mate Waldorf Towers, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

On behalf of myself and all my staff I want to take a moment to apolgoize for the incidents that had occured during your stay with us. I am researching to see why we did not see the email that you had sent to the Hotel in regards to the special requests made in advance. We have noticed that the bellman is a very important person that we need to add to our team and we are currently looking for the cotrrect person to add to our team to make sure that each guest enjoys his and her stay perfectly.

The bar and Prime Time is not part of the hotel however I found this very disapointing to hear and I have taken the issues up with the ownership. I have addressed the issues with both Prime time and the valet company.

We do strive everyday to make sure that each guest has the best stay possible and I will take your incidents and make sure that the issues will be resolved. The next time you are in Miami please contact us direct and I want to make sure that myself and the team makes it up to you.

Again biggest apologies
Natalie and staff
Rickmansworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Exceeded our expectatons (which tend to be on the high side). We travel a lot so only write reviews if place is exceptional. This really was. The room ( a junior suite) was large, great decor, smelt nice, had a great bathroom with bath tub, ocean view and a bed that was so comfortable we nearly didn't get to see Miami it was so hard to get out of. A view reviews mention the noise factor, we were only on the first floor but what with the comfy bed and the size of cocktails served on Ocean Drive we didn't hear a sound. The staff were really friendly and helpful too. We had stayed in a really upmarket hotel at the start of our trip in another part of town and we were concerned that we had booked the right hotel as it didn't have a pool. We needn't have worried it beat the other hotel anyway and it's just across from the beach.

Room Tip: If budget stretches to it book junior suite with Ocean View.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends,

We want to say Thank You for giving us the chance to serve you during your trip in Miami. We are so pleased to hear all the great things you mentioned in your review. We take great pride everyday to make each and every guests stay the best possible.

It is guests like you that let us smile and try our best to put the best effort everyday... We hope to see you again when you come to Miami.

Thanks again ,

Natalie and Staff

Been to Room Mate Waldorf Towers? Share your experiences!