I went to Miami for a Carnival Cruise and decided to arrive 1 day early to enjoy South Beach and get an early start to vacation with my wife. After arriving I realized it was Art Deco weekend and Ocean Dr was closed and could not park at hotel (this would be nice to know). Called the hotel and was advised could park with the valet one st over so problem solved. Drag all our luggage to hotel, squeeze through the outside restaurant area up front steps into a crowded, small lobby and get no warm and fuzzies from the counter, was told to wait cause there was someone ahead of me. Other people arrived and after 45min
sitting the lady starts to help people who arrived after me so I go to her and ask to be helped and I get a guilt trip saying don't be mad at me and I was totally calm just trying to get a room, and finally told i don't even have a room and get sent to Avalon hotel 2 blocks down. Why is it I waited this entire time for a reserved room just to get sent in the wrong direction first of all with all our luggage, end up at 11th to realize Avalon is down on 7th. Are you feeling my pain yet, all the while I just wanna put my feet in the sand before I lose the only day I get to stay before the cruise departs, but instead I'm dragging my luggage now to 7th and remember already paid $25 to park a block further from Waldorf past 9th, after calling about where to park and never advised no room available. Bottom line is this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I have no respect for this place. Go anywhere else, The Avalon Hotel had a nice staff but I got a room half the size, and still paid same price and was told I was getting an upgrade when moved from Waldorf to Avalon. Next day I go to the valet to pick up my car realize nobody there so we go back to the Waldorf to figure out where to get our car back. So they advise they will get it, but it will be about 15min. As we are waiting the same lady who moved us to the Avalon goes to the bar and grabs a bottle of Sparkling Wine and cups and says here you go with cups to drink as if to make a nice gesture but salmon creek sparkling wine is gross and I'm trying to "drive" back to return my rental car and in the meanwhile I'm to drink a cold bottle of gross in their hotel lobby in the 15min I have to wait on the rental, otherwise it becomes open container if want to take the bottle with, I also needed to get the car back on time to avoid additional fees, not taking into consideration the new car pickup spot plus 15min to retrieve the car via valet. Consider me your most unsatisfied person you never even had as a customer. I should have slept like a bum on the beach. Would have been more satisfied by mother nature. You should provide me a complete refund and stay on you at Avalon Hotel when you invite someone to pay and stay with you from 1000+ miles away and don't honor a stay in your room. Not my fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Towers is a historic property that has been recently renovated achieving the green building design certificate, situated next to the beach that offers a perfect balance between a historic building and a modern hotel. The hotel is ideally located in South Beach, within walking distance of trendy shops, nightclubs and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Room Mate Waldorf Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Waldorf Towers Hotel Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Hotel