The Room Mate Waldorf Towers was a great choice for New Year's Eve (and any time for a South Beach visit). The service was good. The room was very clean, chic and very South Beach. The pictures you see are accurate. The location on Ocean Drive can't be beat. Be aware there are no rollaway beds. The room offers a minibar with room to put your own things into the fridge. There is no coffee maker but this is pretty standard for South Beach. The downstairs bar has espresso coffee. $4 for a latte or a cappuccino.
The cafe (while unaffiliated with the hotel) is in the front and a great venue for people watching.
The valet parking was $28 - ouch! But, you'll have to pay $20 anyway for overnight parking so you might as well suck it up and pay.
Ocean Drive was shut down to cars and turned into a huge street party for New Year's Eve. The fireworks on the beach were great. I do recommend that you plan ahead and get tickets for a club two months before your New Years Eve trip. Or else, you will just be roaming about. You could always go across the bay to Miami for better valued options. But then, you are driving.
Fat Tuesdays is two blocks away going north on Ocean Drive and personally, I love the margaritas there. Really cheap! The chips are wickedly good, too.
Be sure you don't get suckered in by the "two for one" drink specials along Ocean Drive. The drinks are $30 and they try to make you each order a two for one drink. They are huge, you couldn't possibly drink both yourself, and the price is absurd. Ask questions before you order and reach an agreement with your server.
Please be sure to walk to Espanola Way. It intersects Washington Street, nearby and is a charming foot traffic only street.
For cheap and good eats, try out the nearby pizza place on a side street next to the hotel, going north on Ocean Drive. $4 a slice and they are huge!
I will definitely return to the Waldorf Towers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Towers is a historic property that has been recently renovated achieving the green building design certificate, situated next to the beach that offers a perfect balance between a historic building and a modern hotel. The hotel is ideally located in South Beach, within walking distance of trendy shops, nightclubs and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Room Mate Waldorf Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Waldorf Towers Hotel Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Miami Beach
- Roo Mate Waldorf Hotel