“mixed feelings..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“mixed feelings..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We came to this hotel after checking into and immediately checking out of a disgusting hotel on Ocean Drive.. so it was seriously a relief. The lobby and bar area was really nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was small but seemed clean, bathroom was also small but seemed clean as well. We didn't mind the small room size as we didn't spend much time there other than sleeping. A few issues we had; our room got skipped during cleaning a few times, another time the bed was made up but we didn't get any clean towels, some of the rowdier guests would slam doors and yell and the last two nights we were there we got bug bites.. I'm seriously afraid to know where they came from.. and the wonderful end to our trip was opening the bathroom door the morning we were leaving and seeing the biggest cockroach I've ever seen in the shower. I almost had a heart attack. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The people are friendly and the location is great, a block from the beach and ocean drive and surrounded by good shops.. but I don't think I'd stay again with the bug bites, cockroaches and poor cleaning service. Definitely consider wether or not you're okay with these things before booking.

Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good Evening morgzh,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us! Our team work hard to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! We are a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. I will make sure to share your feedback regarding housekeeping, with the Director of Housekeeping. It is constructive feedback such as yours that allow us to make the necessary changes we need to. We advise guests not to leave their windows open, as this is how these critters enter the room. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here July 11-14 & it was cool. The location was perfect: right behind Ocean Ave & in the Art Deco district!!!!! Gwen at the check in counter was AMAZING & helpful. My only issue was the towels were in constant short supply. But I def recommend.

Good Evening Whitney M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are located on Collins Ave, just blocks from all the action! Gwen our front desk agent is lovely and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! Please come back soon! We would love to have you!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Decent hotel for sobe. Staff is awesome. Clean comfortable beds. Nice shower. Free drinks happy hour every night. Free wifi. Parking garage on 7th short walk. Bike sharing on 9th by the beach 2 minute walk. I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again. Great location central to everything.

Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Hello and thank you for the time you took to share your feedback! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! We offer great amenities such as our complimentary cocktail hour nightly from 7-8PM, WiFi and much more! Please come and stay with us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff here was so nice it made the stay the stay amazing. Special thanks to Shirley C who went out of her way to make our visit (me and my 2 friends) the best time we had in Miami! Thank you staff of the Shelly!!

• Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello there Meowcat3000,

We are stoked to read that you had a 5 star time with us! We strive on providing outstanding service and we are glad that you got to experience that! Shirley is absolutely wonderful and I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean enough, and the location is perfect. The value of the hotel is unbeatable, and the free daily happy hour was a great touch. We really enjoyed our stay, and would likely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your review Lrnpatrick!!! I am glad that you noticed the hard work and efforts our team puts in daily! We are glad that you had such a great time! We would love for you to stay with us again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visit Southbeach many times a year so the only real way to tell if I like a hotel is if I stay there the next time I go, and i am staying at the shelley again! The best part about this hotel is the staff! Alex is amazing!!!! I dont see why he is not running the place yet, somebody get him a promotion! Monel is super helpful and the bartender (sorry I forgot her name, but that only means that she does her job well) is very nice! Great location, great food, great bar, great prices!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good Evening Mya207,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback! We are stoked you had such an amazing stay with us! Our staff are all hard workers, and want to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! Please come back again soon!

Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The best part of this hotel was the staff. They were professional and helpful. The room we got was very small. The lighting was terrible. There was no space to put our luggage. The shower was horrible it was dingy and I showered with shoes on. The smell was retched it reaked of mildew in the halls and the room. I'm not sure our linen was changed at all the beds smelled. I came home with bites all over me. I'm glad I had a 2 night stay here. This place needs major upgrades.

• Stayed June 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello there TreasureDee,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent visit! All of our staff here at Hotel Shelley all work hard to ensure that each and every guest is having a killer time! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel room. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the rest of our team, so that they are aware. I am not sure what bit you, but this time of the year there's many mosquitoes and other critters in South Florida.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Been to Hotel Shelley? Share your experiences!