“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

It's a boutique hotel I think. I would say it’s for the younger crowd my daughter whose 16 yrs old loved it. For me it was okay. It can get loud at times because there is a bar in the small lobby and it has a party feel.which maybe a good thing for some. The rooms were neat and clean pretty small but quaint. They use some kind of air freshener that really reeked havoc on my allergies. Very good location, only one block away from ocean Ave and all the excitement. Parking is something like 25 dollars a day. It was a nice stay our room had a view of a roof top. No elevators, if they are in a good mood they will bring your bags up for you. No fitness center, restaurant or pool. Good place to sleep while you enjoy south beach. We stayed for 2 days.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Simplyserious01,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Vibe Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

A group of us stayed here this past wknd, and I must say, this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Rooms are a bit small, and there isn't a lot of light, but the staff and ambiance makes up for anything they are lacking. Dusko, Chris and George are awesome!!

Candace P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is very lucky for having the great staff like Darko, Chris and George. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled to South Beach for the weekend for our anniversary along with 10 of our closest friends. We received an AMAZING deal on the rooms; The staff was very friendly and helpful, they met our every need. The rooms were cozy and the beds were extremely comfortable. The location is OUTSTANDING, within walking distance to EVERYTHING!!! The hotel's HAPPY HOUR was the best, free drinks from 7pm-8pm. The lobby was so welcoming, we spent most of our time there, enjoying the HOOKAH pipes!!!

Hotel Shelly was the best choice...we could not have asked for a better place to vaca. I LOVED IT!!! I would also like to give a special "thank you" to Sus Beltran (reservations) and Dusko Vidovic (front desk) for making my first trip to Miami an AMAZING one!!! Hotel Shelley is the BEST!!!

Room Tip: If you would like a quieter room, select one on the 5th floor.
CeeCeeCovergirl,

We are please to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the great feedback on the hookah's and the happy hour many of the guest enjoy them. We are very lucky to have two great employees like Sus and Darko working for us. Hope to see you again very soon.

Wiener Neustadt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

- unfriendly, arrogant, none skilled labour;
- 195USD + 15USD Miami Fee + Tax + 32USD Parking
- very small rooms
- door lock damaged, has not be repaired during our stay
- EXTREM LOUD room (from 19:00 - 05:00 non stop)
- impossible to sleep without earplugs
- furnigure damaged
- not cleand propper
- only party children (approx. av. age 21-23)
Pro: only one reception guy was really good, he was russian looking and named Darko or such.

more detailes:
we have been told that this is a nice hotel, thats why we`ve choosen it without checking all in advance, the price (approx. 240USD a night; without breakfast, without internet on the room) made us belive that it cant be a bad hotel.

before handing over my credit card, i have asked for a quite room, and the tired not really attending reception lady, pomised me that the room will be quite!
Belive me it was the loudest room i had in my life, there is for sure no quite room in the hotel,
the wall between the rooms and to the alleyway was not isolated and very thin.
in the level where we had the room where approx. 30 rooms, and you could here when the last room in the alleyway opened or closed the door.
if one of our neighbors talked normaly, you could hear them as they would stand right next to you.
TERRIBLE; sexual noises are notable 24/7
Everyday from 19:00-20:00 they offer free coocktails and very loud dj music, to get the party started in the hotel. The DJ music from the Lobby you can hear in every floor, and also in our room which was one of the rooms with the biggest distance to the lobby.

Remember: i have asked if the room is quite...

in addition to this, the rooms are just reduced to the minumum in order to get max. room amount in that hotel, only very little light is in the room, in the extreme dark locker there is no light, impossible to use the locker.

An example for the stuff: i had my car for valuet parking (32USD per day) - at 16:00 i told the reception guy that i need my car at 18:00; because we wanted to spend 2h for shopping and dinner before heading to the miami heat game, he said it is impossible to take that order, if i want the car at 18:00, i have to come back to the hotel at 17:30 and place the order again.
So we could not go for dinner as we have wanted only because the arrogant none qualified or skilled stuff was not able to come after a normal guest request... poor poor

it is just an expensive party hotel for little kids, which have no needs other than alcohol and music. this guys dont think about hotel quality.

so if you are 21-23 and want to have party and a high price hotel with no service or luxury, you are on the right place!

if you have ever seen a hotel before, you will be terrified about the price output value of this dodgy place.

please find enclosed corresponding pictures.

Andreas & Lisa

Room Tip: No room in this Hotel - you cant find worest
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Marcello Wallace,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The Hotel Shelley is a fun free atmosphere. As sometime the hotel may have a party atmosphere we have many other hotel which may cater to your specific needs. Please feel free to visit our website to view our properties.

TAMPA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff is very friendly and outgoing. The location is amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is young without any kids. Its a very welcoming hotel. The music playing in the lobby and the homey feel to it. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kelli P,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We were unfortunate to arrive late in the day to be given a room downstairs near the lobby. Where we knew for a fact after trying a few of the others within this group that it would be loud. Little did we know that the owners fiancee would be outside our room talking to friends about weddings and rings really loud at about 2am. nice rooms not very spacious. nice lobby. would not stay again however.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
kkltd,

I am sorry to hear that you would not stay with us again. Your circumstances are unique and we feel that we are more than capable of providing you with an amazing stay. I understand that you were looking for a quieter atmosphere. The Shelley has an anything goes atmosphere and is visited by many partygoers. I would like you to take a look at our website and visit our Riviera Hotel, which is located a couple blocks north. It is a lot more quieter and has the same amazing amenities as all of our other hotels. We hope that you will reconsider.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend away. Since I had to take a red eye I didn't get to check in until 5am which is technically Saturday. I was still charged the full rate for Friday and was told I wouldn't be guaranteed early checking if I booked the room for Saturday instead. I had called all week prior to speak with the manager (darko?) about my early check in and also my dates were wrong on he reservation. After calling back twice I finally got my correct dates. This should have been a red flag. I come to check in and the guy at the center was Very. Rude. As with most Miami hotels they had already charged me for 1 night stay with tax and fees. Then an additional 52 charge for what I don't know. So I was to pay the balance at check in. They tried charging me the full amount refusing t acknowledge what they had already charged me. I stood at the counter for over 30 mins sorting this out. I even had to call me bank to verify the charge. Then they kept saying tha I didn't have the money and that I was a no show! I finally get checked in they offer me nothing for my troubles not even an apology when they realized they had in face charged me already. I had to walk up 3 flights. The desk attendant was gracious enoug to carry my bag up. The room was small and crappy. Tv would go in and out. Housekeeping hardly showed up and when they did hey never replenished anything. I finally spoke with the manager the next day who offered me free drink tickets and a no room fee of 15 dollars for 2 days of my stay. Upon check out I was told that I OWED more money for taxes. When I showed them the orig reservation and the amounts they had already charged which made me paid in full. They refused to acknowledge it and said the screen told them that I owe money. He called a manager from across the street who seemed to have a problem as well with basic addition. Finally he gave up and said he would just drop the additional charge. They were all very rude and not helpful at all. They only person with some basic common sense was George who was very nice and helpful and friendly to all of he guests. I will never stay here again. It was a horrible experience and not worth the hassle. I'd rather pay the extra money to stay somewhere where they appreciate their customers.

Room Tip: No elevator. Ask for a first floor room. Print your confirmation and bringing with you to avoid ad...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
DeeL1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I understand the frustration you experienced. This is sometimes an issue that occurs when you book through third party websites, who fail to disclose all the fees associated with the reservation. This is why we ask all of our guest to read the fine print to avoid confusion. I apologize that you were not able to reach the manager regarding your stay. We also have the reservation agents who you can contact to discuss your reservation. I hope that you will reconsider and stay with us to have a better experience.

Vibe Manager

Been to Hotel Shelley? Share your experiences!