“Great place to stay in SoBe!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Chesterfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #77 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place to stay in SoBe!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Everytime I go to Miami Beach, I always stay at Chesterfield Hotel. I love staying here because it is so close to everything you want to do in South Beach. It is very convenient, close to Mango's, Wet Willie's, the Beach, great selection of restaurants but also the Chesterfield hotel offers great service, the great friendly and always helpful staff and they have real nice rooms. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting South Beach. I have already referred my friends and family here. I have stayed at this hotel almost 8 times. Jose and Travis are great at the front desk and Anna the bartender is awesome, they always do the very best to accommodate all customers, they make you feel like family, Kudos to the South Beach Hotel family. THE BEST!!!!!!

I will see you again!!!

Room Tip: ask for the the Standard Room, Kind or Double . Great prices!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Good Afternoon JayC J,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 STAR FEEDBACK with us! We are delighted to read that you had a great time here with us. We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hottest attractions. Our staff works hard to make sure that everyone is having a great time here at Chesterfield Hotel. I will make sure to inform Jose and Tavaris of your lovely praise! Please come back soon for another memorable time!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Polish first
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I spent two nights at The Chesterfield a small and diverse hotel compared to other hotels I visited. The Chesterfield was very pleasant and reasonably priced considering the great location in Miami Beach. The room was spacious, and I enjoyed the king size bed. and the large flat screen TV. The Hotel is far enough away from the loud and wild ocean front to enjoy some solitude but close enough come and go with ease; a 3 to 5 minute walk from the main strip on Ocean Dr.and the beach front. The restaurants and bars on the strip were entertaining with a wide variety of food, but next time I think I will spend most of my drinking and eating at the hotel, (Less expensive) especially when they have Happy Hour where the drinks are free from 7 to 8 PM. I can't forget the wonderful staff, German and Alex (guy with the (dreadlocks) who worked at the front desk and went above and beyond to see that my stay was stress free. Natasha the bartender was extremely courteous and thoughtful and found time with a bar full of customers to engage in a couple minutes of small talk while keeping the drinks coming. also would like to thank the valets who ensured my vehicle was available 24/7 when needed. My next stay in Miami Beach will be at the Chesterfield again.

Room Tip: Specify what you are looking for this help them to accommodate you better.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Good Afternoon Gregorio D,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback with us! We offer unbeatable prices, in a prime location, with great service and amenities to match. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect way to start off the night, and it's a load of fun! I will definitely make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! We hope that you would stay here with us again next time!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Few days ago we were partying at the Chesterfield bar. The place is a lot of fun, I had a wonderful time with my friends.
Would like to say special thanks to the bartender Anna. She is the best! Very cool and friendly person! The cocktails she was making for us was amazing. One of my friend doesn't speak English, so Anna was able to communicate to him in Spanish very well and made him feel like home.
Anna made us feel so welcomed at the bar, we will definitely come back to say hi to her again :)
Cool place, great bartender! Recommend to check it out!

Good Day moskowcityred,

Thank you for sharing your honest and wonderful feedback with us and all of our guests! We are delighted to know that your time spent with us was a 5 star one! Anna our bartender is great and all of our guests simply love her! She puts together some delicious cocktails that our guests go crazy about! Please come back for another memorable time!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went to the bar at the hotel Chesterfield where i met Bartender Anna ! I had such an amazing customer service experience at the bar there ! She was very polite, friendly and fun ! She knows how to make drinks you want and offered me a couple of new drinks that were great , its nice to be be pleasantly surprised with a new flavor ! Thank you Anna you are awesome !!!

Hello piter j,

We appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful 5 STAR FEEDBACK with us, and our future guests! We are delighted to know that you had a fantastic time here with us!! Anna our bartender is wonderful and she can whip up some killer cocktails! I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! We hope to have you stay with us again when visiting South Beach!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a 24 hour layover in Miami so wanted to check out Miami Beach. We landed in Miami with our room not yet booked (half spontaneity, half plain dumb), so we searched on our phones and stumbled across Chesterfield which hotels.com called a "boutique hotel." The price was good for the location, it was a block away from the beach and provided free shuttle service to and from the airport - we were sold!

Unfortunately, Chesterfield didn't live up to our expectations. Our shuttle dropped us off a block away from the hotel so we were forced to trek against the current of drunken spring breakers with our over-sized luggage on unpaved roads. I get it, Collins Avenue is a narrow road with few lanes and a shuttle would cause some serious traffic if it stopped in front of the hotel to let us out. However, the driver didn't warn us ahead of time - he simply called our hotel name and told us we were to get off and walk.

The one block walk to the hotel was a real eye opener. Loud music coming from every direction, a sea of scantily clad women, and men trying to get lucky. We thought once we reached the hotel we could catch our breath and relax, but that was far from the case. The lobby of the Chesterfield was a club by night. The DJ had rap music blaring so loud that I could hardly communicate with the man checking us in. And to top it off, as we were handed the keys to our room, a police ran in screaming "Where did he go???" Um... scary. The guy at the desk just laughed and said "Welcome to Miami."

We were upgraded to a pent house-type room for free which we were pumped about. The bell hop walked us out of the lobby, down the sidewalk, through an alleyway and up a set of stairs on the side of the building. Our room was on the top floor of the steep and narrow stairs (no elevator). The room was huge and modern. Upon first glace, we loved the room, but the air conditioner was out and we were told it could not be fixed until after midnight. The windows and walls didn't keep out any sound either - we could hear the rap music from the lobby, the room party below us and the people cruising the strip. We went to I Love Sushi just below our room to sit and people watch for two hours. Luckily I am a heavy sleeper because when we returned to the room to get some sleep, the party was still in full swing just outside our room.

The next morning was much different - much more calm and quiet. We walked to a nearby cafe and had a lovely breakfast outside. Still, the service at Chesterfield when we checked out was just ok. I agree, the place has potential but unfortunately falls short. Although it was spring break, we weren't able to get any peace in quiet in the Chesterfield.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello there Hillary B,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are located in the heart of South Beach and we offer unbeatable prices, with great money saving amenities to go with. Due to the construction on Collins Ave the shuttle is not allowed to drop off or pick up on that street. The City of Miami Beach has set strict regulations that we must abide by. We are in the middle of Winter Music Conference and it's one of the biggest international music conferences. People from all over the world come to this week long party. We hope that you would give us another chance to come back, and experience what the Chesterfield is like when we aren't in the middle of WMC.

New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel has potential because it has charm and personality but it comes with too many flaws for me to give them anything but a low rating. The place is simply dirty. The first thing I saw where dead giant cockroaches on the stairs leading up to my floor. My room (small but fairly nice in its design) had hairs in the beds, showers and other surfaces upon arrival. The toilet was filthy with vomit or something crusted on the bowl. The floors were so dirty that the soles of my feet were instantly black when I took off my shoes. When I went downstairs to alert the front desk of this, I got no apology but rather a casual "we can clean it if you want". Yes, of course that was what I wanted! When four hours had passed and still no cleaning lady had shown up, I had to go back down to remind them to send someone. Walking in to the room an hour later, the cleaning lady was there who was apparently almost done "cleaning", which did not include the floors, but at least the hair in the shower and the crust on the toilet were gone. As I thanked her for cleaning, she looked at me in anger as if I had done something to her and without as much as a reply, she walked by me and slammed my door as hard as she could. Completely inappropriate. The free airport shuttle is barely worth mentioning as it apparently only is available every other hour and does not pick up outside the hotel but rather two blocks away. With nearly 100 lbs of luggage, it is not easy to take advantage of. The only positive thing about this place is the crew working the door downstairs. They were sweet and accommodating and the only ones to extend themselves to offer any help during my stay and they were kind enough to walk me and my bags to the shuttle pick up site.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Good Afternoon Veronica C,

We value all of our guests feedback and we thank you for sharing yours with us! Our housekeeping staff works hard to make sure that everything is well cleaned and maintained here at Chesterfield Hotel. We advise all of our guests not to open their windows as this is the only way these critters enter the hotel. I will make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping of your feedback regarding cleanliness, so that it doesn't happen again! Due to the construction on Collins Ave at the moment we are not allowed to load or unload passengers on our shuttle. The pick up location has changed temporarily until this construction project is completed.

Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here one night at the end of January 2014. The room was strange. We looked for a phone and found there was a room behind the curtain in the bedroom that had bunk beds. The phone was in that room, as was the bathroom. The walls were thin and we could hear every word spoken in the next room. It was adequate for a one-night stay. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Good Afternoon Lorwin,

We are sorry to read that your stay with us was not a 5 star one! I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our General Manager so that he is aware of this.

Katrine

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!