“Well Located” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tallahassee,FL
“Well Located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We rented a room here for one night for a bachelorette party. While it was severely overpriced the room was large and the hotel in the perfect location for visiting South Beach. You are one block from dinner, shopping, and clubs. The valet is extremely slow but that was our only complaint.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Good Afternoon gatorj,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! I am sorry that you found the prices for our rooms high. Depending on the time of year the rooms can be a little higher in price. We are in a great location and offer unbeatable amenities.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We got to the hotel early before check and they held out bags while we waited for a room. They gave us a free upgrade to a nicer and bigger room because it was our anniversary. They were soo nice. Especially Daniel, Jose, and Alex. I've stayed here 3 times already and will continue to stay here everything I come to south beach. The location is perfect you don't need to take a cab anywhere. It's one block away from all the action!

• Stayed January 2014
Good Afternoon Misslilye,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star feedback! We are extremely glad to know that your stay with us was great!!!!! We will definitely hold your bags for you until your room is ready to be checked into. I see that you were provided with a complimentary upgrade. We have no problem is upgrading our guests and love to do so, as long as we have rooms available. I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! They will be stoked to hear it! We hope to see you again soon!

Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I arrived in Miami with my sister and two small children after driving 3.5 hours from Orlando. Once we arrived, I parked the car directly in front of the hotel, and noticed that there was no valet service at the hotel (as described on line). I left my family waiting in the car and walked to the front desk to find out where to park so that I could check in. The front desk was not busy, there were only two people behind the counter speaking to each other and completely ignoring me. After waiting politely for a few minutes but not being greeted at all, I walked up to the front desk and said "excuse me" to get someone's attention. Someone finally turned to help me, so I asked him about the location of the valet service and inquired about checking in, and he said that the valet service was around the corner in an alley, and turned back around to dismiss me. Surprised at his behavior, I asked him if he could check me in so that I could get my family out of the car and into a room since we were all very tired from our trip. I was assured that my room was a 400 sf Deluxe Suite, with two queen beds and a couch, which is what I booked. I also let him know that I had several pieces of luggage as well as two toddlers traveling with me and would need help. I was assured that I would have someone help me with the luggage while I took the car to the valet area.

A young man accompanied me with a cart to my car and helped me unload the items onto the cart. My family stood outside while I drove the car to the valet area. Once I got there, the gentleman at the valet counter would not take my car without a ticket from the hotel. I showed him the only thing the hotel gave me, which was my room key. He said to go back to the hotel and bring a valet ticket or they would not take my car. I walked back to the hotel and saw my family standing on the steps during an unusually chilly and windy night near a neighboring building waiting for me. The bellman from the hotel was gone, and my luggage was left on a cart in the middle of the sidewalk with no one in sight. I grabbed the cart and walked it next door to where my family was waiting and then the bellman finally appeared after running out to meet me from the hookah lounge across the street. I asked him to please show my family to our room and gave them the room keys so that I could figure out the valet / parking situation. That's when I noticed that everyone was heading to the building next door to the hotel. I was not informed that my room would be in a different building that lacked elevators. Especially with all of my luggage and small children.

I walked up to the front desk to ask about the valet ticket and was told that everything would be taken care of. They gave me a ticket so that I could take it to the valet, and he told me to let the front desk know when I needed my car, and to allow 20 minutes for them to bring it to me. I took the ticket and walked back to the valet area and provided them with the ticket and the keys.

At this point, I was already tired of the hectic check-in process and the confusion that came along with it. But I was determined to keep a positive attitude and enjoy my stay with my family. I walked to the next building to get to my room and noticed everyone still standing outside because the room was not the Deluxe Suite, and had only one bed. Adults traveling with two children, I booked the suite with two beds and a couch. I had to walk back to the building where the front desk was and find out why I had been given the wrong room. When I arrived at the front desk, they began to argue with me and told me that I was given the room that I booked. I showed them the printout of my reservation which clearly said "DELUXE SUITE, 2 QUEEN BEDS, 400 SF". They still insisted that the deluxe suite I booked was the room with the single bed that we were taken to. That's when I became very upset. It took about an hour for me to check in to the hotel and figure out the parking situation, I had my luggage abandoned by hotel personnel on the middle of the sidewalk on a busy street, I walked from the hotel to an alley to the valet parking about 4 times before they took my car, and now I was being patronized and told that I booked the incorrect room - when I had the proof in my hands.

Finally, we were moved to a room that had two beds and a bunk bed for the children. However, the room was dirty and a huge chunk of hair was hanging on a shelf near the mini fridge (see pic). Couldn't wait to check out the next morning and get out of here. My departure was also delayed because while checking out I asked to have valet bring my car and was assured they'd be called and my car would be there in 20 minutes. The car never came. I ended up rolling my luggage and family down the street to the alley where the valet kiosk was and waited another 15 minutes for them to get my car.

Bottom line, staying here was a BAD idea. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Clean - No. Service - No. Location - Yes. If you are used to staying at reasonably nice places, avoid this place. UNLESS you are into small, dirty hole in the wall joints. I see one comment comparing room to college dorm - well - actually worse than that it is. This is a place for drifter. If your goal is to stay in a seedy joint, this is it.

Room Tip: search other local hotels.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello there Elizabeth P,

Thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us! We are extremely sorry that you did not have an amazing time with us! I will definitely speak with our team about the cleanliness and the service, in our next weekly staff meeting. Customer service means everything to us, and it pains us to know that you were not provided with great service! Your feedback is very much appreciated!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Used Priceline bidding and got a killer rate although th e room I got reflected that.The place kinda reminded me of.my college dorm room minus the cheap decor. At first glance it all looksgood but when u look a little harded you see shotty craftsmanship all over. Had to unplug the tv and fridge to plug in my phone and laptop, internet code.didnt work and the.room was dark and musty. Two lights one hanging above the other that I hit my head on periodically.

Overall not bad but worth considering other places as well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hello there Argonaust,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We do like to keep our rooms dark. There are extra lamps that are provided to those guests who want more lighting. Were you able to request one of those?

Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Right in the middle of South beach - great location!! Everything is walking distance - day and night activities.
Nice staff, relaxed atmosphere, great people. This is a hotel for young people who want to have fun. It has chairs and sunbeds in front of every room, ideal for having a drink and chatting with friends before going out.
Room was perfect! Great king size bed, small Jacuzzi in room, in front of small but nice bathroom, big TV and great music system. Celan and comfortable. Free shuttle to/from airport.
Definitely would go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hello there Alexzalex,

We would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 star feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are in a prime location on South Beach, just in the heart with everything you will want to do around us. Our staff are all delighted to have you and want to only provide you with the best service! I see that you were content about the room, and everything that it had to offer. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future! We hope to see you soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been staying at the chesterfield for over 5 years but this by far was the best stay. The staff was super friendly and attentive. I had the pleasure of meeting Pedro the concierge who made my stay by accommodating me to an upgrade. The Hotel has also gone thru some changes over the past few years but one thing that's never changed is the free happy hour and shuttle service!!'

• Stayed January 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Good Afternoon Elibeth211,

There is absolutely nothing that we love to read more then 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for sharing yours with us! We are extremely glad to read that you are a loyal and returning guest! Our staff is always hard at work to make sure that everything is well maintained, and that everyone is having a great time! Pedro is amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well. I will make sure that he is aware of your kind feedback! I see that you were also able to take advantage of our amenities. :) Please come back again soon! We can't wait to have you!

Katrine

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!