“I would stay there again” 5 of 5 stars

Chesterfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #82 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“I would stay there again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Cute rooms stocked with mini bar items. Lobby bar was fun. We ordered sushi rolls from the lobby bar and they were delish! Free drinks from 7-8pm! Great shopping and cool restaurants very close by.

• Stayed October 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello flipflopsandthongs,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 star feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are very glad to read that you had a great time with us and that you were content with the room that you booked! I see that you ordered Sushi to the bar and were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM! :) Please come back for another memorable time with us! We would love to have you!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was a great weekend. My brother and I stayed in this hotel and it was a grea time. Great location, great people and clean. Alex (front desk) on the lobby was attentive and friendly. Jose (the cuba guy) also, he was very friendly with us and very helpful. This is very important for me, the people who service us. Defitnately I want to stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello there Carlos A,

There is absolutely nothing that we love to see more then a 5 STAR REVIEW!!!!!!!!!! :) :) Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us, and all of our future guests! We are very glad to read that you had such a great time this past weekend with us! The location of our property is in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the action that takes place here. I will definitely make sure to let Alex and Jose know of your kind praise! They are great assets to our team and all of our guests absolutely love them! Please come back soon for another memorable time!

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Location: fantastic. Right on South Beach and walking distance to most restaurants in the area. 2min walking distance to the beach.

Hotel: nice boutique hotel for the young to mid-age crowd. AC was a bit loud in the room but we slept great anyway. Tasteful decoration.

Service: ranging from ok to really bad. Check-in took almost an hour and I had to convince the guy at check-in that I booked 2 rooms, not 1. He tried to convince me that the price was for 1 room which would have been ridiculous. Then he was chatting and servicing other guests at the same time. We had to remind him multiple times to finally get the check-in done. At check-out the same guy tried to put another $50 on my bill and I had to again produce evidence from my venere booking confirmation that all taxes and resort fees were actually included.

All in all: please train you service personnel. Otherwise, really charming hotel at a great location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello saintpanda,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! I see that you were content with the location of our property. We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all of the action! I apologize about the negative experience that you received from our front desk agent. I am sure that there was an error with your booking that you made through Venere. Perhaps there was only 1 room put in when you had really booked 2. Unfortunately when booking with Venere 13% City tax and a $15 resort fee is not included in their final price, and it clearly states that on their site (It does not include City Tax of 13%, Resort Fee of USD 15 per accommodation per night. You'll pay City Tax, Resort Fee, directly at the hotel in local currency (USD). ) I apologize that you were not aware of this when placing your reservation with them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I spent great time in this hotel, i had 1 night, but i can say it was very comfortable room with big terrace on the roof and jacuzzi. There is bar and sushi restaurant on first floor, hotel with very solicitous staffs, price was amazing for my room, special gratitude i want to say Ray, Roberto and Daniel Estevez(front Desk).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Good Evening Aliluyla,

There is nothing that we love to see more then amazing 5 STAR FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!! We are very glad to read that you had such a great time with us, but you were only with us for 1 night. We hope that when you return to visit Miami your stay with us will definitely be longer! We would love to have you again! I will definitely make sure to inform Ray, Roberto and Daniel about your wonderful praise!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Thanks Chesterfield for giving me the worst experience in Miami Beach.

You should give better support for guests stolen in your dependence.

My feeling is that guests are not in safe staying in this Hotel.

I would not recomend for anyone because since nothing happens they will be ok, little bit rudge, but if somente just need anything the will not support.

The hotel is ok, far away from a good hotel. The staff is not prepared well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hello there Guga W,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am extremely sorry to read that you stay with us was less then enjoyable! I wish that you could have been more specific in stating what went wrong with your stay, so that we could have addressed your issue more accordingly. Every guest should feel safe to stay with us. We have security at all hours of the day/night that walk the grounds of the hotel, as well as the hallways of each floor to make sure that all is safe and sound. We also have security cameras all along the premises for your safety as well.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Sooooo....the location of this place is ideal, right in the heart of south beach. Walked in and the lobby was draped in black chandeliers and curtains (it was noon) ...definitely a party hotel that caters to that clientele. Room was a bit small and bathroom was a bit smaller. If you are looking for luxury this is not the place for you. If you want the Miami scene close to the action at a decent price than this is a good spot ....beware bathroom floor was slippery even when dry

Room Tip: Avoid the room on the first floor behind the bar you will never sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello there Anj1028,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! The location of our property is in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from the beach and all the hottest spots here. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms/bathrooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. We do offer larger rooms for those guests who need more space. Perhaps the room that you booked was one of our smaller ones.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff were all really friendly and helpful to questions we had. The bar lounge when you first walk in create a nice and cool ambience and we enjoyed the happy hour!! Room looked renovated and clean with a big and spacious bed and modern electronics. Left our jackets accidentally in the room and when I called back, they were able to retrieve them and hold them until I got back to hotel from a cruise as well as hold our luggage for a few hours while we killed time before our flight left later that night, so I would say accommodating. I would stay there again. The names of the friendly people that helped were, Pedro Alvarado, Francesca and Nelson.

Good Evening Ericka C,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Our team is always hard at work to make sure that each and every guest is having a great time with us! I am glad that you were able to experience their great service first hand! It seems like you were able to enjoy it all from the service, to the room and the cleanliness of it, to the amenities. I will definitely make sure to inform Pedro, Francesca and Nelson of your kind praise! They will be stoked to hear it! :) Please come back again sometime soon!

Katrine

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!