“Much needed get away! ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Much needed get away! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Decided to stay here because the other couples in our party wanted to stay here. I wasn't sure if we would like it. We didn't... WE LOVED IT! Great atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful. I'd like to give a shout out to Rey and Francesca who were hysterical at check in and to Jose for helping us get our luggage to our room. Outstanding service. The room was very nice as well. No view but we didn't expect one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1,250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
Lincoln U.K
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Three of us stayed at The Chesterfield for 1 night which was ok but I wouldn't want to stay for longer.
Rooms are small, and bathroom even smaller. Aircon struggled to cope and that was in October.
Didn't like the fact that when we checked in because we paid the $100 (any extras fee) in cash, a member of staff rushed upstairs and emptied the mini bar, guess they don't trust the Brits!!
Free drinks hour was a glass full of ice.
Not sure if this is typical of Miami.
Location was good though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good Evening LincolnClan,

Thank you for the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms and bathrooms are smaller then your average hotel room. If we were aware of the issue with your A/C we would have definitely sent a maintenance man up immediately to resolve the issue, if not have moved you to another room. The majority of the hotels require to take a hold for incidentals upon check in. Some of the hotels hold a larger amount then others. This is just in case something in the room is damaged. The hold is released immediately once you have checked out if nothing is damaged in the room, or nothing is consumed from the mini bar. We empty the mini bars when the hold is paid in cash because we have had many situations where the guest pays the hold in cash, and consumes items from the mini bar, and we end up loosing money from that. This is for our security and to avoid issues with our guests. We have nothing against anyone here at Chesterfield! :)

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I reserved my room last month and in preparation for my big trip I called ahead to get details on my room and to request a "quiet room" away from all the noise. The desk clerk who answers the phone immediately transfers me to the reservations before even listening to the fact that I ALREADY HAVE A RESERVATION. The reservations person proceeds to tell me that although I reserved a "deluxe suite" the hotel does not have any suites and I should try metropol instead, again...I HAVE A RESERVATION PEOPLE. I continue to ask if there is a kitchenette or common eating area because it appears as such on the website and the reservations lady finally says let me transfer you back to someone who knows the details of the floor plan. Ok...you just wasted 10 minutes of my life. So I get transferred back to the front desk where no one answers the phone. I call back four times...nothing. Geeeeez! I just want to know what to expect so I can cancel my reservation in time if Im not happy with the options. So far..Im not sure if what was advertised online is what I will get.

Good Evening jaime C,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am extremely sorry to read of the negative service that you experienced while staying with us! The front desk agent that transferred your call to the reservations department, most likely did so as he/she was busy but still wanted you to get attended to right away. I wish you could have included the name of the reservations agent so that we could have resolved the issue more accordingly. Since the reservations agent does deal with 11 hotels in total he/she was most likely not comfortable in answering your question, therefore transferred you back to the front desk of Chesterfield where they know the floor plan 100%. You can contact me directly if you have any questions about your room or the floor plan, and I would be more then happy to assist you! My email address is Katrine.Beltran@southbeachgroup.com

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We came here in the end of October, based entirely upon TA recommendations, and found the best we've ever experienced. Had an amazing time at the hotel! Great location! Our bartender Anna made an exceptional drinks!! Our mojitos were awesome! Very good service! The staff is very friendly! Will definitely come back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Good Afternoon marinayasin,

Thank you so much for your excellent 5 STAR REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am extremely glad to read that you had such an amazing time while staying with us! The location of our property is very prime and in the heart of South Beach. We are just a convenient walk away from all the hot spots you will want to visit when here. Anna is a great bartender and all of our guests love her! I will definitely make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! :) We hope to have you stay with us again sooner, rather then later!

Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is clean, the stuff friendly and we got a free upgrade to the suite which could offer a jacuzzi! Great place to stay for young couples who also like to go out and don't mind a little bit of noise.
The airport shuttle though has a fixed schedule and we had to go to another hotel for the pick-up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hello there Foreheadman,

We value each and every one of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I see that you were content with the time that you spent with us! Our staff is always willing to assist you and I am content that you were able to experience that first hand! Since the airport shuttle is a complimentary service that we provide, as a courtesy it is on a fixed schedule. Unfortunately due to the construction that is being done by the City of Miami Beach, we are not allowed to stop and load/unloaded in front of the hotel. We apologize for this inconvenience!

Bryansk, Bryansk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in september .Liked the location, really close to the beach and to the ocean drive.The rooms have interestion design,everything was clean. The king size bed was really huge. On weekends the music gets really loud and its hard to sleep sometimes, but it didn' bother us.The staff were frendly.The only problem we had was with our deposit, we couldn't get it back .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello there Rudolph L,

There is nothing that we love to see more then 5 stars and a lovely review! Thank you for sharing it with us and all of our future guests! The location of Chesterfield is definitely prime, we are in the middle of all the action and the beach. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of the hotel and your room. The deposit is released as soon as you check out with us. Depending on your financial provider it can take anywhere from 7-10 business days for the funds to be released back onto your account. I am sorry that you feel that you did not get your hold for incidentals back. Please check with your bank to see where the hold stands.

Bonita Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Finding a South Beach hotel at the last minute for a weekend getaway is challenging, but the Chesterfield, in a superb location came through for us! It was very clean with a large spacious, colorful room and wonderful staff. Decobike rentals are only a block away, so we went to the south point for crabcakes at Smith and Wollensky and watched the cruise ships go by at 5 pm Saturday. It was a fun weekend, soaked up rays, love Lincoln Road and the boardwalk! Amazing energy...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello there Jackie559,

Finding a hotel on South Beach for the weekend last minute could definitely be challenging! We are always here with open arms to welcome those last minute guests! :) I am glad to read that you were content with the cleanliness of our hotel, as well as with our lovely staff and the room itself. The deco bikes are perfect to cruise around and very cheap and convenient. Please come back for another memorable time with us, we would love to have you! :)

Katrine

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!