“Loud Hotel With Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars

Chesterfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #71 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Loud Hotel With Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

When I arrived to the front desk there was one person in front of me. 20+ minutes later I was checked in. The Chesterfield is in a great location and is fine for people who do not wish to sleep or expect average or better service. The walls are extremely thin so you will hear everything. Room 409 is directly beneath the "Penthouse", I heard loud foot steps until 4 AM. To top it off there were hair balls in the tub. The hotel is a great over priced hotel for those who go to bed at 5 AM. Not a good hotel for families or business people who need a little sleep.

Room Tip: Do not get a room above the bar or beneath the penthouse. Make sure your hot water works before you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Good Afternoon 5001914EM,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback for us. I am terribly sorry to read that it took the front desk agent 20 minutes to check the first person in. I am sure there was an issue with that reservation and delayed the check- in process. I am glad that you were content with the location of our property. We are in the heart of South Beach where all the action takes place. Were we contacted for the issue that you experienced with the guest above your room? If we were aware we would have definitely sent the security guards up there! I will let the housekeeping department know about the hair that you located in the tub. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel recently and really enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly and helpful (for the most part). The location is ideal for the whole "Miami experience" and it's near almost everything; the food was great and the rooms have a unique, chic feel. There was one major downfall: the bathrooms are Extremely small (although they have a really cool overhead shower). Other than that, if you want to be near the beach and other sites... THIS IS YOUR PLACE!

Room Tip: Rooms are facing an alley or a busy street, so don't set your hopes on a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Tmac0404,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to South Beach! I am very glad that you and the rest of the family had a great experience with us! We are in a great location for the "Miami Experience" as you mentioned. We are in the heart of South Beach, just a walk away from everything. I see that you were able to dine with us, and that you found the food to be "great". I am terribly sorry that you were not content with the size of our bathrooms. We do hope to have you and the family stay with us again!

Katrine Beltran
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The first time I booked the Chesterfield I was a little concerned BC of how cheap the room was, however it was last minute so I decided to go for it. Since that first time, anytime I am in Miami Beach area, this is my first choice and it continues to impress. The rooms are BEAUTIFUL. They are spacious, clean and the decor is modern and cute. Along with that the location is right in the middle of shopping, bars and of course the beach. The best part for me is the staff... I have dealt with Francesca at the front desk many times who is AWESOME. Very friendly and has answered all my questions..along with the gentleman who looks after my bags. Both remembered me from previous visits which made me feel great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Audi00,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you were content with the rooms and that you thought they were beautiful! We have rooms that range in size from the smaller ones to the ones that are larger. We know that everyone wants something different, and we are here to accommodate all of that. Our housekeeping attendants work hard to ensure that each and every room is well cleaned, so that you feel comfortable and right at home. We are definitely right in the heart of South Beach, just a simple walk away from all of the hot attractions. Francesca is awesome and all of our guests absolutely love her, and the service that she provides. She knows a lot about the area and things to do and she can assist with anything. I will let her know of your kind praise! Please come back for another memorable stay! We can't wait to have you!
Wynne, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were not prepared for the pampering that everyone gave us. From the moment that we stepped on the curb, the entire staff went out of their way to ensure the all of our needs were met. They also have the best value on food in South Beach.

• 5 of 5 stars
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello Mike O,

Thank you for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely glad to read that our team provided you with excellent service! They are always eager to serve you and I am glad that is what you were given! I see that you also ate at our restaurant. They have great food at reasonable prices! We hope to see you again soon!

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've stayed at the Chesterfield 3 times and I've been amazed all 3 times. If you're looking for a fun, modern, sleek hotel to meet your basic needs, Chesterfield is the spot. It's one block away from the main South Beach entrance (8th street and Ocean Drive), its affordable, and it comfortable. It's not a huge, fancy hotel but the staff members are so helpful, the restaurant is GREAT, they have free shuttle service to and from MIA International airport, and beach towel service. Mr. Pedro Alvarado, the front desk agent has extended himself each time I stayed at the Chesterfield and he makes sure my stay is a pleasant one. You really wouldn't need much more than the Chesterfield for a quick trip to MIA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Emory81,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we really appreciate it! I am glad to read that you are a loyal returning guest! :) I see that you had a great time while staying with us! We are just steps away from the wonderful Sobe beaches and other great hot spots! I am glad that you were able to dine at our restaurant! They offer great food with great prices! I will definitely let Pedro know about your kind praise! He is a great asset to our team and all of our guests love him and the service that he provides! Please come back for a 4th stay! We hope to see you soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was great!! It felt more like an apartment than a hotel. The staff was very helpful. Free drinks from 7-8pm!! I really enjoyed sitting on the patio and watching the people. Very close to the beach(only a block and a half). They also had free shuttle service to the airport.

Lv nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

But most of all and the best is the very pleasant personality of the front desk manager,PEDRO ALFONSO.pwe were greeted by his great smiles,friendly looking face,his sincerity,willingness to help,very accommodating attitude ,and felt very secured talking to him,especially this is our first trip to south beach.WIthout asking him,he upgraded our standard rm to one of their best suiteps,offered free drinks right away,able to book a trip for us to everglades and gave us a contact no to call for the most economical airport shuttle to Fort Lauderdale airport,since their free shuttle is only for miami airport.To a great surprise,when we went to our hotel suite,it is like staying in a 5star hotel in south beach.,big room,clean and tiny,amazing room decor,and most of all,the security lock in the main door.Our very big thanks to PEDRO,who made our stay wonderful.And of course,not to forget,the young good looking,hard working,helpful bell man,MARTIAL CORTEZ,who took care and secured our luggages,before checking in the first day and before our trip back to Fort Lauderdale.PEDRO and MARTIAL are both a great asset to the company.

By Danny/Adel M
Lv Nv

Room Tip: Excellent service by PEDRO and MARTIAL