“The chesterfield was THE BEST hotel in stayed at on south beach” 5 of 5 stars

You added Chesterfield Hotel to your Saves list
Chesterfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #90 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
“The chesterfield was THE BEST hotel in stayed at on south beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews of this hotel I was kind of nervous on staying here. But tried anyway for one nite march 11th. Perfect location. One block away from wet willies. One block away from shopping stores. I been coming to south beach once a month for a yr. wish I knew about the chesterfield. I stayed in a VERY CLEAN suite thanks to Alex. He was great to us. Made my stay a good one during spring break. iPod dock and speakers in each room. I would highly recommend this room to everyone. Ignore all negative reviews and stay an see for yourself! Thanks again Alex, the young woman at the front desk(forgot her name) and chesterfield staff.

• Stayed March 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Vf_changs,

Your wonderful feedback is appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! The location of our property is very central, within walking distance to all of the big spots on South Beach! I am glad to read that you were content with the cleanliness of your room, and I will make sure to inform Alex of your wonderful praise! He is a great employee and a wonderful asset to our team! We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Polish first
Culver City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here recently when in Miami for a big medical convention. It was one of the hotels that my professional organization offered ( my organization offers hotel reservations when you register for the meeting) and at the time that i registered was the closest hotel to the convention center that was available.
Twice before arriving we tried to call the hotel--once about a week before our arrival to confirm the reservation and again the day before to ask questions about the accommodations. We called multiple times over the course of 2 days ( a week apart) and NO ONE EVER ANSWERED THE PHONE. EVER. We of course saw this as a big red flag bur at that point it was too late to change hotels, we had had to give a deposit.
The lack of service continued when we arrived. First of all be aware that there is no hotel lobby--the check in desk is in a bar. The guy who opened the door for us when we arrived we assumed was a bar patron who was nice enough to hold the door for us, as he never looked up from his cell phone while propping the door open with his foot. Turns out he was the bellman! The check in guy was very nice and the most professional person we encountered there, but when we asked where we could get coffee early in the morning ( we left for meetings at 6:30 AM) he recommended a place that opened "at 8 or 9". Management could do a service for its professional clientele by putting a little coffeepot in the room as most hotels now do.
The first night there we noticed our phone flashing as if we had a message--when we dialed the operator ( there is no directory in the room giving extensions for front desk, housekeeping, etc) NO ONE EVER ANSWERED THE PHONE. By this time we had gotten the message that this was an exorbitantly priced boarding house, not a hotel.
The room was above a kind of an alley that ended at street level next to yet another bar. Needless to say the noise from bar patrons was a big problem.
Also wanted to note that the walls of our room were lime green and deep purple and the ceiling was kind of a burnt orange. TV got around 7 channels, 4 of which are in Spanish. This would have mattered less if we had bern otherwise happy with our experience there.
The day before our departure, I went to the front desk to arrange for seats on the airport shuttle for the next morning. My first attempt was mid morning; i was told they could not do it then and to come back after lunch. When i stopped by in the afternoon i was told to come back after cocktail hour. When I protested, i was told i could call the front desk later to arrange. I eyed the young woman and said REALLY?? and started laughing, then pointed out what she already knew, that NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE! when i came back for the 3rd time that evening our names were put on a clipboard ( after a search for it underneath things on the desk) but by this time we did not have much confidence in the process, so made sure we were out on the street early the next morning so we wouldn't miss the shuttle.
We paid almost $2000 for a 5 night stay.
The best i can say is that there was daily maid service.
If you have unlimited funds and all you are interested in is the beach during the day and partying at night then this place might be ok. Otherwise stay away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Betterwithexercise,

Your extensive feedback on your recent stay with us is definitely appreciated!! I am terribly sorry that you were not able to contact us before your stay. We were indeed experiencing some issues with our phone system but that has been resolved already. The people that were calling was able to hear a ring but the call would never come through to us. Perhaps this was when you were trying to reach us. The issue has been taken care of and everything is back to normal now. We do indeed have a lobby with a reception desk- to the left of the lobby, and we also have a Safari bar- to the right of the lobby. I am startled to read that our bellmen was using his phone while working, when he should be giving each and every guest the best possible service! Do you remember the name of this gentleman or perhaps what he looked like? We are working on a solution for the noise. I am sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us!

Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I received a free upgrade to a suite, which was a pleasant surprise. The room was spectacular. Service was great, very friendly and prompt. Valet was pricey, but everything us in this neighborhood. Highly recommended. I got a steal bidding on Priceline.

• Stayed January 2013
Hello Brad21ohio,

Your kind 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am glad to read that we were able to accommodate you to a suite, at no charge. I am very glad to read that you were content with your room, and the service that was provided to you. Our staff works hard to ensure that you have a great time here with us! We hope to see you soon!

Meadow Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were moved to this hotel by the manager after we had a horrendous time at the Hotel Shelley. We were fortunate enough to be given a suite. The room was very nice and very clean. We had a nice jacuzzi tub in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The room was so tidy and smelled very clean. I really liked the lanai that was just outside our door. I do not know if we had neighbors but if we did the room was very soundproof.
The hotel staff was very knowledgeable and were able to direct us to pretty much anywhere we wanted to go. I really liked that the room was so bright and the lobby was brightly lit as well, very welcoming. I did have a bit of an issue with the Resort Fee as it didnt seem to provide much and once again we could not use the shuttle service as it was not running on the day we required it. I think the room was overpriced but I would rather pay more for something comfortable than to be disgusted in another hotel.

Room Tip: As for a suite in the detached part of the hotel, it is very nice and very private.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Momwithlove,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad that you had a nice time while staying with us! I see that you were content with the cleanliness of your room. Our staff is very knowledgeable when it comes to things to do in South Beach! They know of all the hot spots, and have great connections too! Please come back and have another memorable stay with us!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Anna is the best bartender in miami, thank you for the service. I stopped at few bars, but this one was a special place with appropriate attention to every customer. Thank you Anna for best coctails you made. Best muhitos, best vodka with cranberies. Wow this is one of the best evenings here!

Hello Botanikas,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and I am really glad that you chose to share it with us and all of our future guests! Anna is definitely a great bartender and I will make sure that she is informed of your praise! She can whip up some delicious refreshing cocktails. We hope to see you soon!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

It started when they showed us our room. It was 10 by 10 and painted a bile green. There was no natural sun since the shades all had to be closed for privacy. (It was on the first floor) There were no drawers only poorly painted wood shelves. There was only one electric outlet in the bathroom. The floors had dark wood-like vinyl tiles that " bounced" when you walked on them. The cleaning crew was inconsistent often not coming till 4:30 or not at all . We had paid in advance for a conference and begged to be given another room. To make matters worse, the cost of the room for the conference was $319 but the usual price was $188. They were "kind" enough to cut the price for two nights out of seven. DO NOT GO THERE.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Peter G,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then the average hotel room. You are able to open your shades to get sunlight and still have privacy. The room attendants have a route that they have to follow. They have until the evening to clean the rooms. Unless you placed the "Do not Disturb" sign on your door, or requested not to have your room serviced, there should be no reason as to why they didn't come to clean your room. Can you please provide me with the number to the room that you were staying in so that I can look further into the situation? Our prices do go up based on special events that are going on in town, and supply and demand. When there are events in town every hotel here on South Beach will raise their price. Thank you for your feedback!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here with my fiancé upon our return from our cruise to the Caribbean. Located minutes away from Ocean Drive and the beautiful Miami beaches, we picked the perfect location. Our room was located in their auxiliary building and was fully equipped with jacuzzi tub, lounge area and free wifi! We had a minor issue with the water temperature in the shower, however we advised the front desk and they sent their maintenance person up right away to get it fixed. The bell boy was super friendly and helped us up 2 flights of stairs with our luggage. Front desk staff was very hospitable and friendly which made our stay even more enjoyable! The lobby was very inviting and the bar offers happy hour during designated times which was a plus. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Chesterfield and we will definitely be coming back :) a huge thank you to all the staff for being so friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed February 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello FarrahMo,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your return from your cruise to the Caribbean. We are just steps from Ocean Drive and to many other great spots around South Beach. I apologize about the issue that you experienced with the water temperature of the water, but very glad to know that our team went to try to resolve this issue immediately! I hope that you would choose to stay with us, if returning to visit South Beach again! We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!