“Pretty good hotel in Miami Beach! Awesome location” 4 of 5 stars

Chesterfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #72 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Perth, Australia
“Pretty good hotel in Miami Beach! Awesome location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

For Miami, this was a pretty top hotel. It's a block away from the beach and in a great location for restaurants, bars and nightclubs. We had a bit of trouble when we checked in at midnight, and they gave us the wrong room (we needed two double beds and they gave us one). When we complained the front desk staff told us the hotel was full but that they would sort us out in the morning, which they did. The manager was very nice and gave us a new room the next day, which was better than expected - no complaints at all!
They give you a free happy hour from 7-8 and there's a great sushi restaurant next door. The service was really one of the best things, all the staff were very helpful and nice. Recommended!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Good Afternoon Andyislost,

Thank you so much for providing us with your wonderful feedback! Thank you for choosing to stay for us! Our location is great and in the heart of South Beach! We are extremely sorry for the issue that you experienced at the time of check in, but very glad to read that it was resolved! :) Our amenities are great and all of our guests love them! The complimentary cocktail hour is most likely everyone's favorite!
We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Kind Regards,

1,169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a couple days and everything was better than expected. Staff was friendly and helpful with everything. Looks like they have their act together across the board. Reasonably priced for South Beach, great location and very nice place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hello Msh- Surf,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback about your recent stay with us! I am very glad to read that you found everything to be better then expected! :) We are always trying to create everlasting memories here at Chesterfield Hotel! Our staff is always eager to assist you and we are glad that you were given such service!

Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hospitable from the get go as bellman Marcial guided where I could conveniently park curbside in front of the hotel and took care of my bags while I checked in. Upon check-in, Alex was hospitable at the front desk, (provided a beautiful room for me and my guest). He reminded us about the resort fee and the Happy Hour, (resort fee paid for itself with their Happy Hour deal of gratis drinks!) The room itself was modernly appointed, (loved the rainfall shower). I'd strongly recommend the Penthouse, (balcony and private jacuzzi included!) As for location, I really like the Chesterfiled because it is just one block from Ocean Dr, (close enough to walk to, but just far enough away to enjoy a restful nights sleep;-) In case you hadn't figured yet, I'd definitely recommend the Chesterfield to anyone planning a visit to the Miami or South Beach area. Thanks again to the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the Penthouse!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Steve C,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your 5 star feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! We are very glad that you were given such great service from Marcial, Alex and the gang!! Our staff is always trying to be as accommodating as possible, so that you feel right at home! I will let them know of your kind praise! We are glad that you were content with your room! The rainfall shower is absolutely amazing!!! Our location is definitely in the heart, yet far enough for a quiet nights rest!

We hope to see you soon!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We absolutely loved staying at the Chesterfield. I have stayed in several very nice places in south beach and this was by far my favorite. Our room 301, was great- much bigger then I had imagined. I really enjoyed the impressive stereo system in our room since my friends and I love music. The price was excellent and the staff was gracious. We especially liked Daniel at the front desk. There is also a rooftop area with beds built into the deck- so comfy if you want to escape the sand and seagulls. The hottub was not hot but it did have water and jets, although we did not use it.

The location is great but it's definitely a younger, happening hotel. This is exactly what we wanted as a mini vacation to watch our friends run the ING half marathon. We paid $412 for 2 nights including all charges. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 301 was a bigger room but the front desk said there would be more noise bc it was in the front of th...
Good Afternoon Kitzer_13,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated!! We are very glad to see that you loved staying with us! We are also glad to read that we are your favorite hotel out of all the hotels you've stayed at on South Beach! We love to hear these things from our guests! :) Our staff is great and I will let the mentioned staff know about your kind praise! We are glad that you were able to take some time to enjoy our rooftop area! It's nice to hangout up there! We hope that you would stay with us again!!

We hope to see you soon!

Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Every time I tried to find a positive during my stay it turned against me. I stayed for 2 nights and on my arrival the the guy at the reception Pedro was more concerned about the play list for the bar than checking me in. He started by telling me the hotel was fully booked and arranged for me to go over to the Shelley hotel instead......we went over there and then was sent back to the chesterfield as he had made a mistake.....the Shelley was across the road so carrying our luggage to and from was extremely annoying and Pedro did not handle the situation at all well.

We went to our rooms and they were dimly lit which wasn't a problem but the stench coming from the bathroom was unbearable. We asked to change rooms and Pedro switched us over to a room near by. This room had a dead phone, broken sink, faulty toilet, no Internet and limited tv channels. We were fed up at this point and couldn't be bothered to change again.

Valet service is totally not worth it, we paid $32 and on our request for the car he turned up 45 minutes later having used quite a bit of our petrol too which was noticeable. I know the valet is a separate company but they represent the hotel.

The best thing about the hotel was the location and the free shuttle out of there. Please avoid.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

All staff were very friendly for our entire stay at the Chesterfield Hotel, esp. Pedro and all of the vallet/door guys. We really felt that they went out of their way to assist us, esp. when we were putting our luggage in and out of our car. Pedro was very helpful in booking our activities and was able to get us some good discounts. Rooms are a little small and dark, however, they have an African feel to them. The hotel also has a bar downstairs - def. a hotel for younger people or anyone who knows how to have a good time. Vallet was a little pricey ($32 a day!) Def. enjoyed our stay here...and like my title states, 'Vote for Pedro'!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

i stayed here from 1/26 - 1/28 just on a getaway from the freezing NYC weather. The staff, especially Daniel at the front desk were very friendly and personable and offered great suggestions. Daniel also gave us a great room, very spacious. The roof sun deck is a nice touch too. The location can't be beat and i thought the price was very reasonable. Bellman was super friendly, i think his name was Jose, he stored our bags sat 1/26 during the day and retrieved them 1/28 during the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!