“The perfect Miami getaway .....” 4 of 5 stars

Chesterfield Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   855 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #72 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
glasgow
“The perfect Miami getaway .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I booked in to The Chesterfield after reading reviews ..... It was very reasonably priced, and reviews looked fair. We arrived early than expected, but after a very busy weekend there were no rooms ready early .... But we were treated so well by Alex on reception, who gave us info on what to do, places to eat for breakfast, and pointed us in the direction of the fabulous roof top sun deck. He really made us feel at home within minutes of arriving. We then had the pleasure of meeting the extremely helpful and friendly porter, Marcial - who took our bags, and made us again feel very welcome at The Chesterfield. Alex even managed to upgrade us to an amazing suite .... The icing on the cake!!! Marcial was just always there, if we needed anything, he was there to help .... He was amazing!! We were then served in the evening by the amazing Anna ... Service with a smile - we loved this place!! The rooms were clean, very well maintained, so close to the beach, bars and restaurants ..... One bad point - the rude front desk girl Francesca .... Never seen such a moody, sour face receptionist .... She was rude to everyone!!! I work in hospitality, and have never experienced such poor service from one person .... Good job The Chesterfield have people like Alex, Marcial and Anna that make the place first class :-) Thank you for the perfect stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Director of Sales at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Emmajbelle,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am very glad that you chose to share it with us! We apologize that we did not have any rooms available when you tried to check in early. It was an extremely busy weekend and we were sold out. I see that you were given excellent service by the one and only: Alex!!! He is such a great asset to our team and knows SO much about South Beach, and all of the hot spots! I will let all of the mentioned staff know about your kind praise! Our team is always eager to serve you! I will have a talk with Francesca to see what the issue was with her that day. She is never like that and it is unfortunate that you saw her like that.

We hope to create more wonderful memories with you!

1,169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Virginia Beach, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked a basic double queen bed room for 6 days.It was kinda dark and dismal, the window was facing another hotel next door. The room was small and tight esp with the queen beds, but it was good enough to rest in after a long night of partying. My homegirl was freaking out because she got there before I did and it was a little...scary. I had that room with the wooden wall thing, the bathroom reminded me an outdoor shower or something, tile and a mirror in the shower...kind of strange. Dont expect fluffy awesome down comforters...its just a sheet. Dont try to put any more than two people in a room because they are super tight, even with just two people. The service was ok, I dont know if the maids were just rude or maybe it was the fact that they didnt speak english, i dont know. We had to keep calling the front desk to clean the room every day, sometimes they did sometimes they didnt. On the upside it is in the middle of everything, the beach and shopping is walking distance, the hotel lobby had a DJ and we actually had parties in the lobby as well, that was pretty cool. Breakfast was awesome, the food was great but expensive. Beware of the hotel fees when you check out, there was a $100 hotel service fee or something, and I booked with Expedia. Overall good enough to crash after partying esp if u dont intend on being there too often, I wouldnt go there to spend a leisure vacation or bring family because it is loud....definitely not soundproof lol

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello SayReyNey,

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you chose to share it with us!! Our rooms and the style of them are a bit dark yet sophisticated. We are a boutique hotel so our rooms are a bit smaller. Perhaps the room type that you booked was smaller then what you needed. We do offer several different room types to accommodate all of our guests and the space that they each want. The housekeepers that we have here at the hotel are far from rude. Perhaps a bit shy as their English isn't top notch. They are all eager to serve you and make you feel right at home. Our location is great and within walking distance to almost everything. I see that you were content with the breakfast that was served. The restaurant has amazing food and so fresh! We do take a $100 hold on your card for incidentals. The funds are released back onto your account the moment you check out.

Have a wonderful day!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at the Chesterfield for the BCS Championship game. I really liked the fun, modern design of the hotel and the location is perfect. Right near the beach and all of the local restaurants and bars. While the rooms are not big, they are standard size for the area where most hotels on Collins and Ocean are more intimate and boutique. The rainfall shower was a great touch. The hotel also offers free beach towels for its guests and a free happy hour every day from 7 – 8 p.m. We were so appreciative – especially when we saw guests from other hotels wondering where they would have to go to buy beach towels for their short stay.

My only complaint was the check-in process was somewhat slow.

All in all, we thought the hotel was a great value and really all you need for a fun and relaxing beach vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Jonathan K,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to read that you had a great experience while staying with us! Our rooms have a funky touch to them and is very different in comparison to lots of other places. We are a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are not as big as your average hotel room. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities!!

We hope to see you again soon!

Toms River, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked a room for a 'two day getaway'....very disappointed. Paid extra for King size 'quiet room'. Waited a long time for check in and then were 'upgraded' to junior suite. Stayed in room 406 which turned out to be down a long alleyway (a little scary coming back late at night). On first floor so could not open curtains and afraid someone would break in. Very dark room with I guess 'mood lighting'. Could not see anything. Woke to garbage trucks coming into the back alley at 6am. "Spa" on top floor was just a roof with mattress pads on floor and old jacuzzi which struggled to keep temp in the 80s. Paid for 2 nights but left after 1 night. Valet parked our car for $32 and did not realize until stopping on the road an hour later that the valet driver must have had a pen in his pocket and now have permanent ink stains on my light gray leather seats. Will never try this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Elizabeth C,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!! I am very glad to read that our staff was able to upgrade you to a Junior Suite! There is nothing to be scared of at night around the hotel. We have security 24 hours a day, always making sure that the nights run smooth. We have no had any break in's to any of the rooms here at this hotel, thanks to our guards! The personality of our hotel is very dark and sophisticated! We do provide lamps for those guests who would like more illumination to their room. I apologize that you were woken up by the garbage trucks in the morning. We have spoken to the City of Miami Beach several times to see if they were able to change the route of the truck. We asked if the truck would be able to come around at a later time. They were not able to grant our request as they are on a scheduled route. In regards to the valet parking- they are a separate entity. I would be glad to give you their information so that you could file a complaint about the pen stains. Please let me know.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Heredia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Chesterfield is a hotel we chose for a family vacation to Miami Beach.
Pros:
It accomodates, easily 6 people for a reasonable price
Location is very convenient for everything Miami Beach has to offer including the tourist trap known as Ocean Drive (a block away), the beautiful beach and Lincoln Road (about a mile away)
Rooms are well done. Newly renovated, the bathroom is quite nice and the beds (including the sofa bed) are comfortable. Flat screen TV, iPod docking station and mini bar are all available
Clean
Front desk staff, particularly Anna, proved competent when dealing with complaints
Cons:
The valet parking is the worst we have ever experienced. Several times we had to wait over an hour for our car to be delivered
Calling the front desk can prove to be a patience exercise. It can easily take 4 tries to get someone on the other end
The area is shady at night. If you are traveling with children, be ware. It can get rough, we witnessed fights, hookers and a drug bust during our vacation all within the immediate area of the hotel
The I Love Sushi Lounge has a nice enough ambiance (in spite of the aforementioned) with two great bartenders. However the food, what they deem to be sushi is barely consumable
Noise is a real issue. You will encounter college kids partying to the wee hours, paper thin walls and a relentless garbage truck that collects at exactly 7:20AM every morning and makes an effort to leave no one asleep. Do take in to consideration if traveling with kids (again)
No pool

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ticopica,

Thank you so much for posting your honest review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! We are very glad that you chose to stay with us on your family vacation to Miami. I see that you were 6 in your family and you were all able to be in the room comfortably!! Our location is prime! We are in the heart of South Beach within walking distance to almost everything. I am glad to read that you were given great service by all of our staff and particularly from Anna. I will let her know of your wonderful praise!!! I am going to speak with the manager of the valet company. It is in outside company that we use therefore it is not managed by us. The area where the Chesterfield is located is no where near shady. There is nothing to be afraid of and you are safe to walk on the streets at all times of the night. Miami is well known for everything that you mentioned whether your by the hotel or on other streets.
We are definitely a young and hip hotel but we also cater to the business people, families and everything in between.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Have a great day!

NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights during the Alabama vs Notre Dame football game. Two of us thought we had mosquito bites but upon returning, we got more bites and they're bedbugs. We should have left when we saw that the bathtub was dirty in our hotel room. I did check bedbug registry before making a reservation here and there were no reports, but there are, in facts, reports of bedbugs on tripadvisor reviews. Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello Soung C,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We are glad that you chose to stay with us for the Alabama vs. Notre Dame football game. We had a lot of guests that were here for that game as well! I apologize that you happen to think that the bites that appeared on your skin was from our hotel. Bed bug bites do not appear on the skin until up to 9 days after the bug had bitten you. We have had no reports of actual bed bugs here at the hotel.

Yaounde, Cameroon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved the hotel, the suite 410 but what I liked the most was the outstanding service provided by Pedro at the desk and by Raul the porter. They exceeded our expectations and were always trying to help.
We will come back!!!!

Stayed January 2013
Good Afternoon Henk0383,

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad that you loved this hotel! That is our goal! We want all of our guests to leave here with that same attitude and nothing but great memories! I will let Pedro and Raul know of your kind praise! Please let me know when you will be in South Beach again and I would love to personally handle your reservation!

We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Been to Chesterfield Hotel? Share your experiences!