“Relaxing and working at the Shelborne Miami during MMW” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #34 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Relaxing and working at the Shelborne Miami during MMW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I stayed at the SLS South Beach for 4 nights, part work part fun in being that I was able to check out some of the clubs, do a day drinking party and at night listen to Alesso Live 1 door down at SLS.This is truly an outstanding hotel. From the moment I stepped to the reception area until the day we left the hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The valet guys, reception etc. The hotel is very trendy and has a unique design and vib. Even at night between 630PM and 11PM the hotel lobby bar had a DJ.. great touch! The room was specious enough, very well equipped and welcoming. And yes , again a great design. The shower is amazing! Don't be fooled by prior bad reviews this place is a gem!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The location is great, very close to the beach. There are doormen to greet you when you are entering and exiting, so you never have to touch a door! The staff are friendly and helpful. I had a handicap accessible room so it was huge. The only problem is that it was near an elevator so I could hear the sound of the "dinging" when it was on my floor. They have turn-down service and I did not know that, so I went in my room and found my television on when I knew I had turned it off.

All-in-all, it is a nice property with great staff, and a great location. It was within walking distance of the beach, great dining at Lincoln Mall, and the convention center.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

In the middle of it all, the Shelborne Wyndham Grand is one amazing hotel! The Staff are friendly and knowledgeable, the rooms are clean and nicely appointed, the food and drink options are wonderful, and the location is perfect! I could not be happier and will not stay anywhere when I'm in South Beach again!

Room Tip: Get the Oceanview Room...the views are breathe-taking!!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My friends and I rented a night for my buddy's birthday. We decided to relax and spend the day poolside. As we arrived we were instantly greeted by the attendant that took care of getting us chairs and towels. I forgot his name but he seemed to be older gentlemen, very professional, and friendly though. We decided to head to the bar for a quick drink and that's where Alejandro the bartender who got us some drinks. He made us feel at home right away, as we discovered he had so much in common being that we are all surfers. We ended up staying at the bar for most of our time with Alejandro, it almost felt like he was one in our group. Overall the hotel was great, exceeded my expectations. Our room was nice, but it was our view that really did it. I will totally recommend this hotel, and its friendly staff.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The recently renovated hotel has rooms that are nicer and fresher than more storied hotels. It doesn't have a hot club or pool scene but is close to those that do. The best part is the outstanding service. Every employee has a warm greeting for the guests and they pay attention (a bellhop noticed that was leaving without my bag). I've stayed at several Miami Beach hotels over the years, but now I've found one to stick with.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Evan T,

It is truly satisfying to hear not only that our staff was warm, friendly and attentive that they provided outstanding service during your stay! Here at the Shelborne we strive to provide the upmost personalized service in South Beach and it seems like we are right on track! Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I hope you return to visit us in the near future!

Best Regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We rented one of their pool cabanas for my wife's birthday. Excellent food, drinks and service. Never felt pressured - but always got what we needed promptly. Thanks to Veronique for great service, Eddie the manager for checking to make sure we were okay, and Alex for keeping our space clean and ready to go.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your recent experience when renting one of our pool side cabanas for your wife's birthday and am so happy to hear the food and service was excellent! I look forward to sharing your review with Veronique, Eddie and Alex and hope you have the opportunity to come visit again soon!

Best Regards,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

this is an original Miami hotel that was purchased by wyndham, then renovated to look like a 1950's circa hotel. the result is amazing! furnishings very nice, location excellent, bar very original, everything about this hotel is incredible. including personal service by the GM Eddie, he was somehow there whenever we needed him, wow you don't get this service everywhere (anywhere?). Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Robert W,

We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy the renovations we recently underwent and that you appreciated our efforts in bringing back the glamour of the 1950's. Eddie of course like our entire team strives to provide the most personalized and anticipatory service possible. We are thrilled that we succeeded in providing you an exemplary getaway, and look forward to your next visit!

Best Wishes

Nils Stolzlechner

Been to Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach? Share your experiences!