“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our stay was fantastic. We normally stay in Sofi but the hotel was booked. Our new favorite destination is this grand hotel. Our room was ready when we checked in at noon, 15th floor ocean view with balcony as ordered. The entire staff was so helpful and nice, I remember Dilan and Carlos from the front desk, and Al in operations, Carlos in the Miromoto Restaurant on site. We shall return!

Room Tip: Great prices, quiet floors, attentive staff
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This weekend was extremely busy with all the events going on in Miami & we needed a day to relax. We chose the Blue Harmony Spa at the Shelborne to get pampered & it did not disappoint! The staff is amazing! Thank you Eddie (Manger) for being so attentive...& Sendy for ensuring we had a great spa day...we will definitely visit again!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello HazU18,

We are very pleased that you were able to escape for a quiet interlude at our lovely Blue harmony Spa. Peace and tranquility are cornerstones to healthy living, and you found it with us! Thank you for you such kind words, we hope to continue being a place of refuge for you and your friends.

Best Regards

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here March 20th for a few nights. I have been to Miami Beach quite a bit and have low expectations for hotels. I guess I should lower my expectations further. We paid somewhere around $450 for the room, which was nicely appointed and had a very nice bed, that took up most of the room, carpeting was already a little dirty but I attributed that to the balcony. My partner and I continually walked into the bed at night. One afternoon my partner walked by the bed and was stabbed by a piece of metal protruding from the end of the bed and cut his leg. We called maintenance and a very nice man came in and addressed it. We had to use the medical kit to bandage his leg which they charged us $8 for despite the fact that I had called to make sure we weren't charged for it. The front desk took care of it on check out. The Front Desk crew were very nice BTW. They were the best part of the hotel. Don't get me wrong, this hotel is nice and new, but it is lacking in the details and seemed under staffed in general. No service elevator, so you often share the elevator with staff, which means you will wait quite a while for an elevator. Also, the beach service is lacking the servers are overworked and have to wear these ugly rust colored polyester uniforms. I felt bad for them. Service was slow. The beach bar restaurant is an afterthought, not up to the standards of a five star resort. The pool lacked towels at times. There were also people eating chicken wings in the pool, like huddled around a corner of the pool eating wings and dipping their grease soaked fingers into the pool. So trashy! Also, people walking around the lobby without shirts and shoes. I know we are at a hotel on the beach but c'mon, have some manners people! This isn't really the hotels fault just the people that come to Miami Beach who have no manners. These may seem nit picky things, and they are, this was our experience, but all in all you just get the impression that this is not a well run hotel. It lacks something. Everything appears nice and in order at first but then things start unraveling. I am staying at the Raleigh next time.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms on the north side of the hotel are above a large ventilation system and therefore loud...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I love South Beach and usually stay on the Ocean Drive Strip but I found a great rate at this hotel so I was willing to stay a little further up.
The awesome staff made it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Dorothy P,

We are delighted you were able to experience our property and staff. Our team takes pride in offering exemplary service. Come see us again on your next visit to South Beach!

Best Regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Visited for the day for the pool and stopped by concierge with a quick question. The front desk and every one passing me in the lobby were very cordial, but Danuta from concierge was especially helpful and sweet, despite her knowing that I wasn't even a guest. I was in a hurry and worried about my afternoon plans, but she sat me down, calmed my nerves and gave me all the help that I needed. If she can take care of strangers, I can't imagine the wonders she can do for her guests!

The renovations to this property are very nice. Great location in the center of South Beach, beautiful backyard and beautiful servers. Excited to try Morimoto soon. I love coming here on a sunny day!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Joe O,

We appreciate the posiitive feedback.You are absolutely right! Danuta is truly a gem, as is our staff throughout the property. We would love to see you return as our guest. Come back and enjoy the wonders of Iron chef morimoto's cuisine, or an elixer at our drawing room bar. I promise you will not be dissapointed.

Sincerely

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had the opportunity to stay at the hotel during 4 nights, I went with my husband and it was really worderfull ,staff who served me was very friendly ,the people in the front desk even those working in the pool are super friendly and solicitous ,the room is small, but very comfortable and also very clean during the days we were there, I loved the bathrooms , super clean and adored the amenites,I really liked the proximity to the sea, but more so inside the hotel a very nice place, has a lovely bar area and another to read that I loved, truly, I hope to return soon and could stay in the same place, truly memorable

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Jan b,

On behalf of our team I would like to thank you very much for such kind words. We are always thrilled to create memorable getaways for couples like yourselves. We look forward to your next visit. A lovely stroll on the beach and cocktails by the library will be waiting for your enjoyment!

Kind Regards

Nils Stolzlechner

Been to Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach? Share your experiences!