“Beautiful & Exciting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Beautiful & Exciting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Visited for the day for the pool and stopped by concierge with a quick question. The front desk and every one passing me in the lobby were very cordial, but Danuta from concierge was especially helpful and sweet, despite her knowing that I wasn't even a guest. I was in a hurry and worried about my afternoon plans, but she sat me down, calmed my nerves and gave me all the help that I needed. If she can take care of strangers, I can't imagine the wonders she can do for her guests!

The renovations to this property are very nice. Great location in the center of South Beach, beautiful backyard and beautiful servers. Excited to try Morimoto soon. I love coming here on a sunny day!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had the opportunity to stay at the hotel during 4 nights, I went with my husband and it was really worderfull ,staff who served me was very friendly ,the people in the front desk even those working in the pool are super friendly and solicitous ,the room is small, but very comfortable and also very clean during the days we were there, I loved the bathrooms , super clean and adored the amenites,I really liked the proximity to the sea, but more so inside the hotel a very nice place, has a lovely bar area and another to read that I loved, truly, I hope to return soon and could stay in the same place, truly memorable

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The best thing about Shelborne is the location, right at the heart of miami beach, close to all the good restaurants and shops. The amenities is also great, pool and beach services. We stayed a week in the hotel, everyday waked up with sunshine and beach is just steps away. The two things we didn't enjoy were the size of the room and the room cleanness. The day we checked in we found our partial ocean view is just a corner of the sea and basically the entire window is facing a concrete wall, so we have to add $100 per room per night to upgrade to the ocean view room on the 10th floor. Also the size of the room is not as big as the picture shows. All the suits in the hotel has no ocean view! "We are a old hotel, you have to stuck in the smaller room if you want to be ocean front." thats exactly the front desk told me when I asking for suits. Still they are very nice and patient to help us finding a preferable room. The really horrible experience happened at the last night of our staying, there are Cockroach in our room! I'm not a picky customer, but to my standards no Cockroach should appear in any hotel any where not even mention this is a four star resort. this is really disappointing and when I called the front desk they simply told me they are totally sold out and there's no room we can exchange for. Besides that, there seems have some constructions going on, every morning we can hear the screw driver noise and the elevator is always occupied with materials.

Room Tip: Check the room cleanness!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your review! I have gone through our logs and see that our staff did relocate you to the best possible room while we did not increase your room rate. As you mentioned we are all about guest service and the desk agent and manager that assisted you both assured me that while the told you we are a historic Art Deco Building you had choices and select an 08 series room that has a balcony. As you might know we are in a tropical environment and having an insect in your room, while not acceptable can happen. I apologize for this and totally understand that this is not acceptable. Please note that we do have suites that face the Ocean and are in the process of finishing touches.

As mentioned we are all about guest service and hope that you will return to our hotel. I would appreciate if you can contact me personally so that we can further discuss your stay.

With best regards
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from a girls birthday weekend at the Shelborne. We had a great time and want to thank the concierge Natella as well as Monty for amazing service. Everyone in the hotel was great.. extremely helpful and accommodating. We will absolutely go back!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your nice comments! Glad that to see that you had a good weekend and I will make sure to thank both Monty and Meta. Please come back soon!!

Best regards
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the much hyped Shelbourne during my annual trip to Miami to escape Northeast cold. I was willing to pay a bit more since it included pool party tickets and to be amongst my friends and other party enthusiasts. My special room price for a very average room facing the street was $329/night for 5 nights. Upon check-in, the hotel placed a flat $3,000 hold on my credit card. A bit much but i overlooked it. I never used anything from the mini bar and only used maid service three times. The maids barged into my room multiple times while i was sleeping - for maid service and turn down service. One time two of them held a 30 minute conversation outside my bathroom while i was waking up and figuring out what was going on. There was construction going on both in the next room and below my room on the 4th floor, the lock on the bathroom door was broken, and the room phone was out of service for my entire stay. I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk when I needed replacement batteries for the television remote control. I complained about most of these things and they did fix the remote and the bathroom lock. The noise continued intermittently. As a consideration, the hotel deducted $100 from my bill resulting in the overall charge including tax being $1,899. I am still trying to deal with them after two subsequent charges showed up on my credit card bill for $94 and $71 without any explanation provided to me via email or snail mail as of yet. I won't stay here again and i wont recommend this hotel to anyone else. After this very mediocre, overpriced experience, I would have preferred the Marriott on Washington.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Nils S, General Manager at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we fell short in meeting your expectations. I have already discussed some of the issues you had mentioned with our Executive Housekeeper and also have responded to your e mail to make sure that the charges that you dispute will be removed.

While I understand that you do not want to return to our hotel I will try to convince you to come back. I will reach out to you via e -mail.

Best regards
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

the public areas are nice - the pool beautiful and the restaurant very good. However, the back tower rooms look out on the AC equipment on a lower roof and our room was outfitted with grab bars and such. Bad room service food completed the institutional feel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is duly noted that we did not meet your expectations and from what I can read it seems that you were in one of our ADA rooms that we are required to have by law. While these rooms are fairly large and the location is that of a city view we do have customers that request them due to the location.

I did not see if you contacted our managers and let them know about this and would find it helpful if you can give me more information. From other comments that I see that you posted I can see that your evaluations must be both fair and to the point. Getting more details would help me to further improve our service levels and would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you.

Nils Stolzlechner

Been to Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach? Share your experiences!