“Exceptional Hotel, Outstanding Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #35 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Halifax, Canada
“Exceptional Hotel, Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have traveled extensive and stayed the some of the best hotels in the world and it gives me great pleasure to say the Shelborne Wyndman Grand South Beach is right at the top. The Art Deco architecture, the beaching, walking, restaurants were stunning. The staff at the hotel could not have been better. I was also surprised by the friendliness of the people who lived there. South Beach certainly has a great feel to it and there is lots of tings to do. We were only going to stay there for 4 nights and then travel to the Florida Keys. In the end, we decided that it was too nice and relaxing to leave and stayed there for our entire 7 day vacation. I have told all of my friends that I would not consider staying anywhere else in South Beach and look forward to our return visit in February.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and a view of the beaches and ocean
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I cheated on my usual hotel (the Metropolitan) to come to the Shelborne. The reason was that the price was substantially cheaper and that the Metropolitan was not very clear about their pricing this time.

Well, the rooms are huge, literally twice the size of the Metropolitan, the service was friendly and discreet. I asked for an early check-in and late check-out and they were both granted even if I was effectively a first timer. The food was perfect and well priced (Morimoto is incredible).

The only reason why I would go back to the Metropolitan is that I speak directly to the manager there, which is easier when you go down twice a month. I haven't even met the manager here, but it's understandable given that this is a much larger property.

Very recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms are very large.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The Good: Great location. Very friendly, helpful staff. (With the exception of the housekeeping staff.)

The Bad: Room small, but icomparable to other Miami Beach hotels. For $450 per night, expected our "Ocean Front King" to have a full "ocean front view". We could see the ocean, but the "view" was primarily of the construction site next door. $21 for a burger. $15 plus for drinks. Room not cleaned until 4 pm. Coffee not restocked one day.

The Very Bad: Hotel is still under renovation. If your stay is for a weekend, the effects will be minimal. But...weekdays....jack hammering on the floors above, construction workers filling the narrow halls, only one working elevator (construction workers controlling the other). Noise and more noise. An "event" was held at the hotel, one of the evenings. The Bar was unusable, as it was the event location. There are several restaurants listed on the hotel site, but only one and the pool grill are actually open.

The Shelborne may be a great stay in the future. But, until the construction is complete, I would not stay.

• Stayed December 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel during Art Basel. You feel the elegance and great service as soon as you walk in. What a great hotel! We will definitely be staying at this hotel next time we fly back to Miami in the spring. The front desk team, especially Nicollette, were the most caring and helpful! They definitely put their customers first! Can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: Make sure Nicollette checks you in!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, PR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I went 7 days in the hotel buying items online.

I had to hunt my packages during my whole stay at the reception, with the staff telling me that the packages were not there... With me spending time tracking them through the UPS and Amazon website... To prof that they were there... And receive them only 2 or 3 days after... With a lot of worries because they were already payed and missing, and wasting my time solving this kind of terrible issues regarding my own goods at the Black Friday holidays!

Furthermore, now I have a major problem: three of my packages, including an earring in gold and diamonds (fine jewelry), are in the hands of someone at the hotel, for returning purposes, since 1st and 2nd of December until now (13th of December).

Two of the packages I left with the concierge Oscar on the 1st of December. He swore that he would give them to the UPS to return the items. Until now he does not made it, and I already payed for the items! The deadline to refund one them expired! He have not returned my leather jacket and I lost more than USD 200,00! I do not want the item and I had 14 days to return it!!!

I have a second package with a pair of shoes that amazon sent me by mistake - but I payed USD 160 for them. Oscar took it on the 1st of December as well.

I could have delivered the previous 2 packages at UPS or post office by myself - because at the same day I went at the post office anyway! However, I trusted the concierge, that promissed me that he would take care of them! Further, he helped me to choose the way I would return and he advice me to left them with him!

The third one is a 18K gold earing with diamonds. The delivery from amazon to the hotel took place after I checked out. Someone from Amazon called the concierge and managed the situation on the 3th of December. Untinl now the package is been searched by the UPS guys! The UPS went at the hotel 3 times to take the earring back and the package wasn't there!!!

Exactly how happened many times with myself, when I had looked for the packages 3 days long insistently without succed!

AND I WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN USD 1,000 (one thousand dollars) in my credit card because of this problem. My losses are almost USD 1,400.

I think that this is a very serious issue regarding the postal service laws. This behavior is unacceptable and a felony against postal service. Furthermore, it is a lack of respect and safety with the customer, and the hotel is fully liable.

I should had canceled my stay at your hotel when I noticed the lack of answer to my e-mails and the strong evidences of neglects (regarding my unanswered 8 previous e-mails).

Now I have to beg you guys to solve the issues.

Including about the package I returned (the USD 200,00 leather jacket) with the time to refund expired! This is a nightmare.

There are 2 lifts that we share with the maids and with the people that are renewing the building. The service is terrible, I am sorry to say it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach? Share your experiences!