“great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Durham, North Carolina
“great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

i've stayed at this hotel before and when my family and friends wanted to take a trip to miami i did not hesitate to suggest that we stay at the shelborne again. We loved the location; the ocean was literally in its backyard. My favorite part about staying here was the hotel pool party and the karaoke (we used that to pre game before going out lol). The staff was really easy going and made us feel at home; especially Isa, Addy and Macdally. They put up wonderfully with all my crazy friends and our questions about hot spots, restaurants, etc ! so if you see them ... go talk to them haha they're really friendly :)
i would definitely keep staying there when i visit Miami

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Shelborne to celebrate my cousin's birthdays and was very pleased with my stay. The staff was exceptional. Shout out to Addy, Raymond and Rafael, who all went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The fact that there are no ice machines on the floors was a little inconvienent however the staff was quick to bring the ice when it was requested. It would be very helpful to put some mirrors in the bedroom or living room area. The staff at Vespars was also on point, shout out to Santiago, Christine, and Guznel. They remebered us each time we came down for breakfast and gave us excellent service. The location was the best for getting to the beach and the pool was very nice too. Rafael made us resevations for dinner and arranged for our transportation upon check out, all went very smoothly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a renovated room which was more spacious than the pictures appear. I would call ahead to assu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Titusville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here during a trade show in Miami. The hotel rooms were more like C grade rooms reminiscent of a Motel 6 and the carpet smelled grimy and moldy. After returning home we began noticing that there were "additional" charges on the credit card that were not authorized, were not for anything we used, and were not on our bill when we left. Even though the staff promised to make it right, they haven't to date, are extremely unhelpful, will not return calls, and have extremely poor customer service skills. Will not stay here again...ever. Thieves.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Lobby and pool are beautiful!!!! Rooms were very average..kind of dated...but the customer service was great! Addy helped us tremendously! He Was very friendly and helpful! Location was also great...beach access was great! Overall enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel could be great but they have little interest in guests. Spa is Luke warm. Floors are dirty outside of lobby. Pool is great. Views and location great. No ice. It's like they afraid to let guests have it. I guess the cocktails are expensive so they keep you there. Personally I would take a pass in this one unless you are under 30 and into Spring Break.

• Stayed April 2013
Merchantville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was a little hesitant about staying at the Shelborne. The reviews were mixed and the three star rating for a hotel on South Beach gave me pause. To my surprise it was a wonderful stay. First of all, most hotels on South Beach are boutique hotels, meaning they have been around for a long time. When I made my reservation I explained that it will be my sisters first visit to Miami and I want it to be memorable and could the make sure we have a room that has been renovated already. There was four of us, and Addey, awesome guy at the front desk, made sure it happened. We had a room overlooking the pool, full kitchen, we were near the exit to the terrace. We were there to party, so whatever noise people were complaining about in there reviews did not bother us. Ideal location. They have a club on the premises, so you don't have to go too far if you do not want to. The lobby, bar and hallways were impressive. We had a great time at the Shelborne and would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: The townhouse is perfect for a large party and family. They overlook the pool and there is a pool p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my second trip to the Shelborne as I stayed the previous year and had a wonderful time. This hotel has a lot of potential but the change in management is apparent. I had contacted the hotel months prior to my visit to ensure a renovated room and received a nice email from the former manager Jay Rosen saying that it would be taken care of. My room was booked as a deluxe through American Airlines and to me that would imply renovated because it cost extra points. I called two months prior to my visit and spoke with Shaniqua who asked me to forward the email from Jay which I did. She was emailed twice but she never responded so I called again, The day before I arrived, I spoke with her and she said no problem on the renovated room. Well upon arrival, there were problems and Shaniqua never appeared even though Addy said she was in the back. He eventually gave me the renovated room but it wasn't ready until 6pm. Check- in is at 4pm by the way. The first night the shower was cold, there was hair on the floor of the bathroom, no robes, and the key cards didn't work at 2am. The night manager Darling was very nice and agreed to a full free breakfast the next morning. The pool and beach area are beautiful and Stan at Vesper is great. Overall though, the hassles with the
room and first night experience does not want to make me come back. It seems like some of the
staff at this hotel value their jobs and others could care less. It is too bad because the hotel is in an awesome location and could be one of the best on Collins if they ever completed the renovations and resolved their management issues. Outlets in the bathrooms and a mirror in the main rooms would also be a good idea!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Shelborne South Beach, Wyndham Affiliate? Share your experiences!